Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #166
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I hope you don't have any trouble with the storms - those sky's look awfully dark!

I can't wait til you get on the ship!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #167
Daisy Duke
Mouseketeer

You're getting so close!!! I'm on the edge of my seat!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #168
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I hope you don't have any trouble with the storms - those sky's look awfully dark!

I can't wait til you get on the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
You're getting so close!!! I'm on the edge of my seat!
I know, I'm just about there. I need to edit more photos to continue though.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #169
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

wow! I made it finally!! I've been reading the dining report. I'm glad after 12 pages you haven't boarded! I'm anxious to see how your trip was compared to ours!

So sorry about all the mishaps! I hate when those things happen, but,you just have to go with it I guess!

Love the cute pictures and messages Claire got! My DD Paige has the same Belle PJs. Your matching shirts are cute too!

We had a meal at Fishlips last summer when we stayed at Ron Jon's Cape Caribe resort. I have seen those maps - I think all the local hotels there use them! We were not too impressed with the food there, but it's great to watch ships go in or out. Plus we saw dolphins and a manatee in the water!

Can't wait to hear more!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #170
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

OH NO!!! Do not like the sound of that, I hope the storm didn't come or passed quickly
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #171
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm not doing a good job at reviewing my posts today. Here is a picture I just added to the last update. Walking around Residence Inn

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #172
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
wow! I made it finally!! I've been reading the dining report. I'm glad after 12 pages you haven't boarded! I'm anxious to see how your trip was compared to ours!

So sorry about all the mishaps! I hate when those things happen, but,you just have to go with it I guess!

Love the cute pictures and messages Claire got! My DD Paige has the same Belle PJs. Your matching shirts are cute too!

We had a meal at Fishlips last summer when we stayed at Ron Jon's Cape Caribe resort. I have seen those maps - I think all the local hotels there use them! We were not too impressed with the food there, but it's great to watch ships go in or out. Plus we saw dolphins and a manatee in the water!

Can't wait to hear more!
I'm having a heck of a time getting time to get all the picture editing done! But I'm working on it.

We like Fish lips, but like I said, I would try something different, most likely DESSERT!
It was dark when we went, but that would be so cool to see dolphins and manatees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
OH NO!!! Do not like the sound of that, I hope the storm didn't come or passed quickly
It's all a mystery isn't it?
Old 04-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #173
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

All caught up!!! It is super cool that you got to see the ship coming in! You woke up for a reason!
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

teachermommy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #174
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the update. But I'm sitting on pins and needles wondering how that weather turns out.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #175
sws.london
Anglophile

Yes please keep it coming. Enjoying your TR so far.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #176
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I drove over to the Terminal. It was very close and signs directed you exactly where to go, but it was really hard to pay attention to signs when the big beautiful ship came into view!!!!
I couldn’t take a picture as I was driving, but let me tell you, it was gorgeous. We were ALL in awe and the excitement went a level higher. I think I just kept saying “look how big it is!”
I parked along the drop off/pick up spot and we unloaded what we needed. We gave 3 bags to the porter and I tipped the guy, I think somewhere between $6 and $10. Dad asked the guy where he should pick us up Sunday and he said the same place.
We said our good byes and made sure Dad had his maps. Dad then headed off to Kennedy Space Center.
We made our way to the terminal. Again I didn’t have my camera out and we walked really fast. I did manage to snap one picture on my phone before going in.

When you walk in on the ground floor you go through security just like at the airport. No full body scanners though, and you don’t have to bag your liquids. But everything comes off like at the airport.(though I don't think the shoes came off)
There was a stack of pizzas coming in right behind us. The pizzas didn’t have to go through x-ray, but the delivery person did. I know I made some smart remark to the person, like “Oh thanks I’ve been waiting for those”.
After security we made our way upstairs. At the top of the stairs there was a guy at a high table/booth type thing. We stopped there and he had us fill out papers to state that none of us were sick.
We also got our boarding number here. It was number 8 which I was happy about. I have heard there a different ways they determine which number you get. One being that when you preregister online and pick an arrival time, that will coincide with your boarding number. For us this was not true. There was just a stack of cards and the guy just took the one off the top and handed it to us.

I took a quick picture of Claire on my phone.

We then went to check in.

I was nervous about the birth Certificates and prayed nothing would go wrong. We went to the line and there was basically NO line at all. We were pointed to one of the CM’s and we went right over and handed over our paperwork. Everything looked fine and they took a picture of each us. The CM was very friendly and full of excitement. We were handed our KTTW cards and on our way.

We saw that Mickey had come out for a meet and greet, so Claire and I got into line. Mom took a look at the line and basically said no way, so Mom took our carry on and found a spot to sit.

Mom was out of sight for awhile. We couldn’t see where she was sitting, but we needed something from one of the bags she had (might’ve been the autograph book.)
After a bit she came back over (I think I actually called her). We got what we needed and she went and sat back down.

I took some random shots while waiting.

The archway was jammed packed the whole time. I could never get a chance to take a decent shot.

It was pretty crowded in the terminal, though I have to admit it wasn’t quite as bad as I had imagined it would be. None the less, there was still a LOT of people in there.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-21-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #177
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
All caught up!!! It is super cool that you got to see the ship coming in! You woke up for a reason!
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Enjoyed the update. But I'm sitting on pins and needles wondering how that weather turns out.
Well........ Most of the trip was beautiful, but we did have a bit of rain at times...how's that for a sneak peek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws.london View Post
Yes please keep it coming. Enjoying your TR so far.
Thanks. I am working at it!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #178
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Claire is so cute. I love your pictures. I will really enjoy another installment before working all weekend.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #179
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I agree - the ship is huge and beautiful! The check in process is so slick! Oh, we preregistered for a time of like 11:00 - 12:00, (we did not get there then), but it did not seem to matter. That terminal gets very crowded! I think for our next cruise we will wait until later to show up. Avoid the crowds, no waiting...This time, though, it was a brand new ship, and we wanted to see all of it!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #180
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Claire is so cute. I love your pictures. I will really enjoy another installment before working all weekend.
I now have to keep the Princess happy and color eggs. Hopefully I can get something else up tonight or tomorrow morning. I know everyone wants to see the ship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I agree - the ship is huge and beautiful! The check in process is so slick! Oh, we preregistered for a time of like 11:00 - 12:00, (we did not get there then), but it did not seem to matter. That terminal gets very crowded! I think for our next cruise we will wait until later to show up. Avoid the crowds, no waiting...This time, though, it was a brand new ship, and we wanted to see all of it!!
I was so excited as well. And a little nervous about getting there and what to do. I am happy we got there when we did though....and for a reason that I didn't even know till later on in the day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: