Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #151
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

I totally understand the "to excited to sleep " thing too. I always get that way.. Really injoying the TR so far. I can't wait to see more pics of the ship. I'm not a boat person at all but the Disney dhips look really fun!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #152
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun! We are in the process of planning a cruise for next year so your report looks like fun.

Too bad that your husband couldn't go with you but great that you could go on the cruise with your mom. Love the post about all of you looking at the Dream early in the morning. I am sure you were excited!

I see you live in northern Ohio. I live in southern Ohio near Cincy.

Can't wait to read more.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #153
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I would absolutely be too excited to sleep too! Who could sleep with all that going on outside! Very exciting! I felt excited for you just reading about it.

You mentioning the birth certificates made me want to know how all that went??? Did you have any trouble with using your birth certificates? Everything I have read on the DCL web site says that you have to have passports, but I know you said you had been told otherwise. We are planning on cruising in October so I really want to know the answer to this.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #154
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I totally understand the "to excited to sleep " thing too. I always get that way.. Really injoying the TR so far. I can't wait to see more pics of the ship. I'm not a boat person at all but the Disney dhips look really fun!
Thanks for reading. I think if you liek Disney, you would have a great time on a ship. This is like not other "boat". It was a cruise yes, but it had a lot of Disney magic with it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
Sounds like someone drops and sleeps like a bag of rocks this night
You would think, wouldn't you? We shall see how long I make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Joining in for the fun! We are in the process of planning a cruise for next year so your report looks like fun.

Too bad that your husband couldn't go with you but great that you could go on the cruise with your mom. Love the post about all of you looking at the Dream early in the morning. I am sure you were excited!

I see you live in northern Ohio. I live in southern Ohio near Cincy.

Can't wait to read more.
Hello fellow Ohioan! Thanks for reading along. I hope I can give you some input on how things go/went for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I would absolutely be too excited to sleep too! Who could sleep with all that going on outside! Very exciting! I felt excited for you just reading about it.

You mentioning the birth certificates made me want to know how all that went??? Did you have any trouble with using your birth certificates? Everything I have read on the DCL web site says that you have to have passports, but I know you said you had been told otherwise. We are planning on cruising in October so I really want to know the answer to this.
It depends on the cruise. Some cruises you have to have a passport no matter what because of the isalnds you visit. But a lot of Carribean cruises you can get away with a birth certificate as long as the cruise starts and ends at the same port. We talked it over and Skip said lets just do birth certificates. But I am a worrier and then convinced him to get passports. Claire and I went on a Friday afternoon to get our pictures taken a AAA for the passports. WE had planned to go that Sat to get our passports then, as the post office was having a passport party or something like that. Skip was just going to have his picture taken there, but it was a about twice as much, so thats why Claire and I went to AAA. So Sat. morning comes and thats the day his brother broke his leg. So we didn't go. And then Skip said forget it. I still worried, but I knew with all my research I should be fine, but you still have that thought in the back of your head.
We had absoluetly NO problems whats so ever. They barely even looked at them. And when we disembarked we basically flashed them in front of the guy and he waved us through.
Do be sure to keep them with you when you get off the ship at Nassau though....just in case something happens. I was told you would need them to get back on the ship, but we never had to show them. But you never know.

It still is advisable to get them. The law may change at any point and time. And the price is going up very soon (if it hasn't already). I am thinking I read it was going up in either April or May of this year.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #155
Jillybeaner21
Earning My Ears

coming in from the dining review and I cannot wait to hear all about the Dream!!!!

Jillybeaner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #156
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybeaner21 View Post
coming in from the dining review and I cannot wait to hear all about the Dream!!!!
Thanks for joining!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #157
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Totally understand the to excited to sleep thing. The pics of the ship coming in are brill.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #158
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Totally understand the to excited to sleep thing. The pics of the ship coming in are brill.
Yes, it was so hard to sleep. I should be updating this tomorrow. So more ship pictures are coming soon!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #159
dvccruiser76
DIS Veteran

I don't think I would have been able to sleep either. You were so close to her. What a great view

DVC Member Since Dec 2000
Walt Disney World, Disneyland & Disneyland Paris

Disney Dream - May 2011 (Bahamas), NCL Pearl - Aug 07 (Alaska), Disney Wonder - Dec 04 (Bahamas), Disney Wonder - May 04 (Bahamas), Disney Magic - Mar 03 (Western Caribbean), NCL Majesty - Aug 02 (Bermuda), Disney Magic - Apr 02 (Eastern Caribbean), RCCL Nordic Empress - May 97 (Eastern Caribbean)
dvccruiser76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvccruiser76 View Post
I don't think I would have been able to sleep either. You were so close to her. What a great view
It was very exciting. Who needs sleep on vacation
Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #161
MyPeanut&Bug
Mouseketeer

I'm finally here! Late to the party as usual..but if you knew me IRL, this wouldn't shock you. Can't wait to sit down and do some catching up!!
August 2002 - Honeymoon after our Cinderella wedding! - POR
May 2009 - ASMo- First trip with kids!
March 2011 - Grandma came along for the fun too! - ASMo
MyPeanut&Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #162
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPeanut&Bug View Post
I'm finally here! Late to the party as usual..but if you knew me IRL, this wouldn't shock you. Can't wait to sit down and do some catching up!!
Welcome!! Don't feel bad, I am behind on a lot of my subscribed threads and then have subscribed to a few new ones. When will I have time to read it all...but I will eventually!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #163
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Okay - let's get on the ship!!!!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #165
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Mom woke up around 7:15 and took her shower. After she got ready, it was Dad’s turn. Not long after, Little Miss Claire woke up. She had a gift waiting for her from Donald.

She received a new Tinkerbelle bathing suite.

We got Claire dressed and ready for the big day.
The forecast was for rain. It didn’t look to bad outside at this point and time.

The weathermen couldn’t seem to decide if it was going to be storms sweeping through quickly, all day rain, or all day storms. I swear they would change their minds every few minutes.
We then headed down for breakfast. My 2nd breakfast of the day, but it had been a couple hours since I ate the 1st one.

There was a family sitting next to us, a couple with a baby. This baby was so stinking cute. She had this tongue thing going when they fed her and it was hilarious. They were going on the cruise as well and we actually ran into to them several times on the ship.

With our bellies full, we walked back towards the room. Of course I took a few pictures on the way.

Back at the room we tagged our luggage that would be going on the ship. Claire and I hauled them out to the van.

We called Skip and he told us that the news station he was watching was saying that Sea World may be closing due to storms.
We went back to the room for another load of luggage and Dad said the local news were saying that if you had a Disney Day planned to wait till the storms past, as they were going to bad.

Claire and I finished loading the van and took one more walk around the hotel.

It was a little before 10 AM now. We saw many people loading their vehicles as well. Many were dressed in Disney attire. Claire and I decided we should head over to the port now, a little earlier than we had planned. We went back up to the room and gathered up Mom and Dad and were on our merry way to the Terminal!

Last edited by jenseib; 04-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: