Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #1621
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the castle and It's a Small World. I guess I am going to have to go on it this year (I was able to not do it last year because it was closed); Mark insists on going at least once each day we visit MK.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #1622
joy13
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Big THunder mountain is Maddie's favorite and she says it's the only rollercoaster she'll ride when we go. Lot's of single rider lanes for me I guess! LOL Love the parade pictures. I've only seen Spectro once and don't remember the music, so I'll probably be ok with the MSEP. We've had great luck with Chip and Dale too - they are a fun character meet. I love the picture you took through the walk-way that you can see the light's on the building - where is that again?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #1623
joy13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Awesome meet & greet! You only get that at Disney!

Claire's hair looks really good even without the crown! I think I was worrying over the poofiness for nothing! Does she still play dress up with the hair at home?
About the hair - just a warning - if it's humid it won't stay looking that nice. When my DD did that hairstyle in 10/09 it was sticking straight up by the middle of the Halloween party because of the humidity
Old 07-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #1624
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do too. It makes it so much moe fun.
I've always had the best interactions with Stitch. In 2008 I was wearing little miss trouble t-shirt when I met him and he totally played it up.. then at the character breakfast last year he kept coming back to us and when we were leaving came over to give bigs hugs before we left..

I love Small world. Your pics are fab! We couldn't go on small world last year because it was closed so can't wait to go this year and we will prob go more than once just because we love it cheesey and all as it is. I love how they have Ireland in there as well
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #1625
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Love the Its a Small World pictures but the ones with Claire and Chip and Dale are priceless you can just see the joy in her face!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #1626
Camonkeygirl
Mouseketeer

I have been lurking for quite a while, and I love your trip report and all the photos. I have one question though - Did they put different Disney characters into IASM? At Disneyland (I live in Ca) they have put in lots of the characters into the ride as you go through the different rooms - Peter Pan, Tink, Cinderella, Mulan, Ariel and lots more.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #1627
cass'mom
So, de beency bouncy burger, eh?

Have to say that the Chip and Dale pictures are the best yet! Claire's face is positively glowing and it's filled with such emotion! Totally made me smile!

2012 POP
2007 CSR
2002 Disney Wonder
cass'mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #1628
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Wow! I miss a couple days and you have several updates! You're really trying to get this finished before your next trip, aren't you?

My random thoughts:

Teacups - these are my very favorite ride at MK, as only DS and I ride them because they are too spinny for everyone else in the family.

I've heard somewhere that many moms cant ride the same rides after having kids cause pregnancy first changes the center of balance, and then with hormones and all, your body just doesn't react like a teenagers anymore! You're just never the same!

Love the Chip & Dale photos. They are the best! We too always have to see them because DH is named Dale!

Keep em coming!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #1629
PrincessBetsy
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Very nice pictures of It's a Small World. I love those Castle Shots!
PrincessBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #1630
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We left Small World.

And hiked across the way to Peter Pan. Next to no wait here.

I tried taking pictures on the ride, but they are all really bad. It’s just too dark and you move too fast to focus on anything if you do get a sliver of light.

We then worked our way over to Dumbo. Of course I took a few shots along the way.

We had a short line to wait in and I shot a few pictures again.

While in line the CM told us to come back at 2:45ish to ride. The characters ride Dumbo at night before the park closes. It sounded like an awesome plan….but we were already starting to get tired and it was only 1:40. I wasn’t sure if we could last that much longer.

Before we knew it, it was time to pick our elephant….of course Claire picked PINK!

It was too dark to take pictures of the construction.

And then I had Claire get a picture on the Dumbo outside of the ride.

We saw Goofy by the carrousel and got in line.

I wanted to do Haunted Mansion. Claire was unsure. I told her it was all pretend and just think about that while we rode.
We headed that way!

As we got there, we noticed a large group (well large for that time of night) walking up as well. We ended up right in front of them. They seemed like a fun group, but they kept saying how spooky this was going to be. Of course they were joking, and I made sure Claire knew that so she wouldn’t back out on me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #1631
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great pictures of the castle and It's a Small World. I guess I am going to have to go on it this year (I was able to not do it last year because it was closed); Mark insists on going at least once each day we visit MK.
I do like it, but I know many people don't. You either love it or hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
All caught up! Big THunder mountain is Maddie's favorite and she says it's the only rollercoaster she'll ride when we go. Lot's of single rider lanes for me I guess! LOL Love the parade pictures. I've only seen Spectro once and don't remember the music, so I'll probably be ok with the MSEP. We've had great luck with Chip and Dale too - they are a fun character meet. I love the picture you took through the walk-way that you can see the light's on the building - where is that again?
I don't know if Claire will ride it in the future again. I hope she forgets how fast it goes...or Skip talks her into riding again.
MSEP was good, but just not AS good to me. But many people love it much more.
We loved Chip and Dale. they were so fun.
If it's the on I think you are talking about, it's the walkway through the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
About the hair - just a warning - if it's humid it won't stay looking that nice. When my DD did that hairstyle in 10/09 it was sticking straight up by the middle of the Halloween party because of the humidity
I would've liked that look better. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I've always had the best interactions with Stitch. In 2008 I was wearing little miss trouble t-shirt when I met him and he totally played it up.. then at the character breakfast last year he kept coming back to us and when we were leaving came over to give bigs hugs before we left..

I love Small world. Your pics are fab! We couldn't go on small world last year because it was closed so can't wait to go this year and we will prob go more than once just because we love it cheesey and all as it is. I love how they have Ireland in there as well
We have never seen Stitch yet. I hear he is fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Love the Its a Small World pictures but the ones with Claire and Chip and Dale are priceless you can just see the joy in her face!
Thanks. It was great memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camonkeygirl View Post
I have been lurking for quite a while, and I love your trip report and all the photos. I have one question though - Did they put different Disney characters into IASM? At Disneyland (I live in Ca) they have put in lots of the characters into the ride as you go through the different rooms - Peter Pan, Tink, Cinderella, Mulan, Ariel and lots more.
Thanks for reading along! Yes the WDW is different and does not have the characters...as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cass'mom View Post
Have to say that the Chip and Dale pictures are the best yet! Claire's face is positively glowing and it's filled with such emotion! Totally made me smile!
I loved the interaction. They really made it a special time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Wow! I miss a couple days and you have several updates! You're really trying to get this finished before your next trip, aren't you?

My random thoughts:

Teacups - these are my very favorite ride at MK, as only DS and I ride them because they are too spinny for everyone else in the family.

I've heard somewhere that many moms cant ride the same rides after having kids cause pregnancy first changes the center of balance, and then with hormones and all, your body just doesn't react like a teenagers anymore! You're just never the same!

Love the Chip & Dale photos. They are the best! We too always have to see them because DH is named Dale!

Keep em coming!
I am almost done with this day, but have 2 more very full days yet to pst, so it won't be done beforehand. But I want to get into the next day before I go. There is just not enough time in the day.
I totally beleive that about your body. Things are so different after EACH kid I have had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBetsy View Post
Very nice pictures of It's a Small World. I love those Castle Shots!
Thanks!!
Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #1632
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I've never heard that about the characters riding Dumbo at the end of the night you can bet we'll be stalking Dumbo at the end next time.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #1633
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Looks like you two are having quite the night.... a late night, but a great one. I can't wait to hear if you make it till closing. So the park was open till 3am? Wow! I don't think we have ever been there with the park open that late. I think 1am is the latest.

Your pictures are so amazing! I just cant say it enough.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 AM   #1634
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I've never heard that about the characters riding Dumbo at the end of the night you can bet we'll be stalking Dumbo at the end next time.
I have seen pictures here and htere, but never offically knew that. I don't know if it was for only EMH or regular park closing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Looks like you two are having quite the night.... a late night, but a great one. I can't wait to hear if you make it till closing. So the park was open till 3am? Wow! I don't think we have ever been there with the park open that late. I think 1am is the latest.

Your pictures are so amazing! I just cant say it enough.
It was fun. We really got a lot of rides in. And yes, it was open till 3 that night. After about 12:30-1 the park really emptied out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: