Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #1516
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

If anyone has any pictures to print, right now Snapfish is have 200 prints for $2 plus shipping..Code ....JULY200PRNTS. Just thought I would pass that along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy5767 View Post
The first Disney parade that I remember going to (and this is remember because I was there in the early 70's but don't remember if or what the parade was) was MSEP. I first saw MSEP in 1984. That said... I Spectro Magic. The music to Spectro is like my happy song! Its one tune that if I hear it, it just takes me back and brings so many memories and excitement. I really miss it.. at least the music. I put 4 parks 1 World on my Wish list on Amazon, but I have yet to get it. I don't even know if that is on there, but I hope so.
I saw one in the 70's, but it was a daytime one and I honestly don't remember a thing about it. I have seen the 3 pictures my Mom took and they were awful. LOL! I think my Mom took about 10 pictures of the whole day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Your parade pics are wonderful! That is something I think is really hard to photograph. The light are moving and everything else is dark... just hard to get it right, but you did! I'm so glad you convinced Claire to go. I have looked at videos of it on youtube also and I too think the music is very bad. I love the floats though. I actually think the floats are better than Spectro but the music is definitely worse!
Thanks. I still have so many more to post. I am just not into editing tonight. Skip is grumpy from the heat, and we just had our 2 hired hands quit (working one more week)and and feel so blah and depressed because I know he wil lbe extra grouchy the next week or so with the heat and worrying about what to do.
Beleive it or not, the music does sort of grow on you while you are watching it. But I still wouldn't consider it good. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How great that you were able to find a good spot to watch the parade! I don't like the Main Street Electrical Parade as much as I do SpectroMagic but it's a Disney parade and I'll take it.
The floats were nice, I must admit, but if they played Spectros music with it, it would be better for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Great pictures! Is the one of the firefly the Firefly from Princess & the frog? It was so cute!
I "think" it was Tinkerbell, but I could be totally wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
As beautiful as she was, I'd have to agree w/ ya there.

Glad I didn't miss many updates while at sea
Yay! You're back. How was it? I was just thinking of you today and wondered if you were back yet.

I am not going nearly as fast as I wanted to with the updates.

Yeah, puff ball is just not what I picture as "pretty", but I let Claire pick, afterall, she is the one who has to wear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
Enjoying your MSEP pics! That parade has a special place in my Disney heart. I can see where you would like Spectro's music better since it's so epic! But I've been listening to MSEP music since I was born, so I like it better Seeing Elliot from Pete's Dragon is my fave part of the parade!

Can't wait to see more pics
It seems like most people love one or the other so much more. I did like the floats. It was neat to see new ones. I do beleive I have the dragon coming up in the next post or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Nice pictures! I took many as well. Thank GOD for digital! You can take a bunch and just delete what you don't want! ..............or in my case just delete the whole bunch
Did you get any recovered? I sure hope so. I am so behind on Dis today, so I haven't checked. I do love digital. I think I have printed about or close 1000 pictures of this trip so far....and thats less than half of what I have edited. Of course I must admit some were doubles for my Mom. I am making a scrapbook for her. But so far I have 1 picture actually put in it.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-20-2011 at 09:43 PM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #1517
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"
 
bubba's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Exeter (Reading), PA
Posts: 13,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]
Yay! You're back. How was it? I was just thinking of you today and wondered if you were back yet.

I am not going nearly as fast as I wanted to with the updates.

Yeah, puff ball is just not what I picture as "pretty", but I let Claire pick, afterall, she is the one who has to wear it.
she may have had to WEAR it, but YOU had to LOOK at it! eh...no matter. It's all good as long as I'm not wearing it OR putting it in

Cruise was FABULOUS!! WAY better than Carnival!!! Will get workin on trip report once I upload pix. Hate to use photobucket, but no other choice Going to take a long time... 7-8 hrs of video and over 1500 pix
__________________
(some Universal) Trip reports:
'12 - '11 - HHN '10 - '10 - '09 - '08/DCL - '07(Jan.) - '07(July) - Mickey Mouse @ Universal!
- '04
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #1518
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba's mom View Post
she may have had to WEAR it, but YOU had to LOOK at it! eh...no matter. It's all good as long as I'm not wearing it OR putting it in

Cruise was FABULOUS!! WAY better than Carnival!!! Will get workin on trip report once I upload pix. Hate to use photobucket, but no other choice Going to take a long time... 7-8 hrs of video and over 1500 pix
true!
At least it was blonde this time around. Last trip she had PINK!

Glad to hear it was good. I have heard good things about RCCL. I think that would be my next option after DCL to try. I have done NCL, and liked it, but it's been awhile, though I would say no to trip on the New Epic ship they have!
Take your time. As you can see I am not breaking any speed limits with this TR.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #1519
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
If anyone has any pictures to print, right now Snapfish is have 200 prints for $2 plus shipping..Code ....JULY200PRNTS. Just thought I would pass that along.

Thanks!, I've been trying to get some pics printed, but money's tight during summer until I get back to work. This helps! Plus, a bonus, I got 20 free for signing up!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Did you get any recovered? I sure hope so. I am so behind on Dis today, so I haven't checked. I do love digital. I think I have printed about or close 1000 pictures of this trip so far....and thats less than half of what I have edited. Of course I must admit some were doubles for my Mom. I am making a scrapbook for her. But so far I have 1 picture actually put in it.
I won't know until later today. I'm dropping off the sd card around 4pm. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm thinking the worst, so if I get my photos back I'll be happy.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #1520
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Thanks!, I've been trying to get some pics printed, but money's tight during summer until I get back to work. This helps! Plus, a bonus, I got 20 free for signing up!





I won't know until later today. I'm dropping off the sd card around 4pm. I'm trying not to think about it. I'm thinking the worst, so if I get my photos back I'll be happy.
Glad to help! I keep trying to order when they offer specials like that.
I hope they can recover your pictures!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #1521
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,910

Great MSEP shots Jen! What settings were you using? And were you using your big zoom?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Nice pictures! I took many as well. Thank GOD for digital! You can take a bunch and just delete what you don't want! ..............or in my case just delete the whole bunch
Now STOP THAT! You can come complain if they can't recover them. Which, by the way.......... I firmly believe they will.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #1522
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great MSEP shots Jen! What settings were you using? And were you using your big zoom?


.
I was using my 28-135mm lens. I think (with out going to look) I was at iso 3200 and wide open aperture..around 4 I think.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #1523
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

On July 3rd my family had a 4th party at my parents house.
I was pulling out my camera and my little neice was sitting right near me. When she saw the camera, she stood right in front of me and did this.



I laughed so hard. My sister says she loves her picture taken. then she came over and sat on my lap to look at the picture I took.
Then my sister told her to give me a cheesy smile and this is what I got.
It was hilarious!



Every time we asked for a cheesy smile we got it. And of course I took several pictures of it!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #1524
Beth D
DIS Veteran
 
Beth D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 680

She's precious! I love how when you tell kids to say cheese they squish up their faces into the most crazy faces!

While the pics are hilarious, they are usually when i'm trying to get a serious family shot or something!

I try and catch DS when he's not looking or just acting normal, cause at 6 he still does it.
__________________
Beth D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #1525
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

So cute! When my nephew was little he used to run up and want to look at the picture you just took of him too.
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #1526
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
She's precious! I love how when you tell kids to say cheese they squish up their faces into the most crazy faces!

While the pics are hilarious, they are usually when i'm trying to get a serious family shot or something!

I try and catch DS when he's not looking or just acting normal, cause at 6 he still does it.
Claire still makes silly faces too. She does those on purpise though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
So cute! When my nephew was little he used to run up and want to look at the picture you just took of him too.
I think it's so funny how they know you can see it right away.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #1527
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Every time we asked for a cheesy smile we got it. And of course I took several pictures of it!
Translation: I filled up my 32GB memory card with pictures.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #1528
stephielela
DIS Veteran
 
stephielela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,529

Love your pictures!! I'm sorry CRT was disappointing. We went in with pretty low expectations, so we were ok. Jack even had a good time flirting with all the princesses, but I agree, that wierd baby voice is irritating!

I love MSEP but I think that's because I saw in in CA a long time ago so it feels old school to me. I like Spectro too though.
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #1529
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,465

Former Lurker

Hi, I've been lurking on your TR and wanted to say how awesome your trip sounds! You put so much tender loving care into your TR, it's beautiful!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #1530
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Translation: I filled up my 32GB memory card with pictures.
I don't even own a 32G card. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Love your pictures!! I'm sorry CRT was disappointing. We went in with pretty low expectations, so we were ok. Jack even had a good time flirting with all the princesses, but I agree, that wierd baby voice is irritating!

I love MSEP but I think that's because I saw in in CA a long time ago so it feels old school to me. I like Spectro too though.
I keep hearing fro mothers how it's going down hil lfor them too. But It is still neat to eat in the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi, I've been lurking on your TR and wanted to say how awesome your trip sounds! You put so much tender loving care into your TR, it's beautiful!
Thanks so much for reading along and coming out of lurkdom! I hope to get this Mk day wrapped up before I leave again. But the way things are going lately, I'm not sure. I do like to take my time and include as much detail as I can.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: