Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Disney resort mattresses

I stayed at the Pop Century on my last trip and the mattress was so comfy. I know Disney sells their mattresses but I was wondering if anyone knows what the same version would be if it was just a plain Sealy. I can't afford the extra $$$$ just to have Disney written on it. I know it says it's made exclusively for the resort but I fugure there has to be a line out that is similar. Anyone have any info?
Disneyfn420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

I so agree about POP's beds.

The ones WDW uses is Sealy Posturpedic brand.

Unfortunately you won't be able to compare WDW's with another sealy posturpedic...as we just bought a mattress and I went thru this extensively.

How it works is this, Sealy doesn't tell the stores that sell them which ones compare to which ones. Each store has "their" style of sealy posturpedic mattresses.
Meaning Sealy makes a bed specifically to be sold at JCPenny, then Sears, local furniture stores. So each place has a different "name" of the mattress.

This makes it very difficult to find out which "names" compare to the rest.

So during my research for the mattress we just got (sealy posturpedic) the only thing I could find out is that POP's version is a med/firm bed with foam. (as their brochure says). Oh and NO pillowtop.

The best thing for you to do is go and test them at your local Sealy posturpedic carrier and compare how you feel. It isn't that hard. I did it...lol
And when we bought ours it wasn't the most expensive, it was on the lower end. We think it feels very much like what we stayed on at POP.

Good luck!!
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Jonell
DIS Veteran

I was wondering about the mattress at BWV. I love it and would like to purchase one but it's not the same mattress that's in the Resort Collection book.
Jonell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I've been finding the same issue. I found one site that compared the Disney resorts to their product, but that name wasn't available at Sleepys site. I want to be able to test out the mattress so can't buy it online unless I know the exact model to get. And that store was online only.
I thought the Pop did have pillow top. I forget now. I know it was fairly firm. I'm going to being my sister shopping with me as she came with me on the trip. I can never tell from laying on something for 5 minutes how it will be to sleep on it for 8 hours. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Sorry... can we back up for a minute. Disney sells mattresses?? Do you mean they actually sell brand new mattresses? Or do you mean they sell them off when a resort is refurbished?

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
Sorry... can we back up for a minute. Disney sells mattresses?? Do you mean they actually sell brand new mattresses? Or do you mean they sell them off when a resort is refurbished?
They sell mattresses

http://www.disneyresortcollection.com/
Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

No they don't have pillowtops. You can feel the "foam" in the mattress but no pillowtop.
I remember specifically, as I hate pillowtops.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #8
DaniB
DIS Veteran

That is cool, thanks for the link.

Would these happen to be the same ones they use in their Resorts? And if so, how would I find out which mattress for a particular resort?

I'm curious... 9 nights at CSR and for the first time in years, mine & my DH's back did not ache each morning when we got out of bed. I wish I could have smuggled the queen bed home with us!

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #9
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
That is cool, thanks for the link.

Would these happen to be the same ones they use in their Resorts? And if so, how would I find out which mattress for a particular resort?

I'm curious... 9 nights at CSR and for the first time in years, mine & my DH's back did not ache each morning when we got out of bed. I wish I could have smuggled the queen bed home with us!
I'm not sure about that. Maybe you could call Disney and ask them.
Would make it easier to buy them that way. Especially since you are buying online without laying on it to test out.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

We have a Sealy Posturpedic Plush Top (not pillow top) at home, and it feels pretty much the same as the beds at CSR. Over time the plush feature can flatten out a bit though. Try the "plush top" at your local Sealy dealer and see if it compares.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran

We liked the mattress so well at the WL a few years ago that I pulled the sheets back, wrote down the information off of the tag and contacted Sealy; they directed me to this website, you have to know which mattress you want, they will deliver to your home and put the mattress/box spring on your bed for you

http://www.sealyhospitality.com/prod...ollection.aspx

Last edited by WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS; 04-15-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: sp
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: