Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #121
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your pics, Cdn Gal.
Have a great trip!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #122
shoogrrl
Earning My Ears

Thanks to this board, I had a wonderful Disney vacation (cruise + WDW) and I'd like to contribute a few photos back to the community.

While my overall vacation was fantastic, our room in WBC was a bit of a disappointment. Perhaps my pictures here can help some of future folks to request what NOT to get at WBC... (please excuse our mess as I didn't get to take pics before we settled in):

Tower 4
Room #264 (3BR deluxe)

Tower 4:

Hallway leading to our room at the end:

Welcome to 264:

Family Room area:

Kitchen:

Dining Room area next to kitchen:

Room w/King Bed:

Room w/two beds (we were in the middle of changing linen mid-stay):

Part 2 coming!

Last edited by shoogrrl; 02-22-2012 at 06:03 PM.
shoogrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #123
shoogrrl
Earning My Ears

Part 2

Bathroom #2:

Now to my less-than-favorite part of our WBC experience... the lack of views:

From our balcony:

From rooms:

And to the least favorite:

Our extra guest who wouldn't go away:

Part 3 coming!

Last edited by shoogrrl; 02-29-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #124
shoogrrl
Earning My Ears

Part 3: Out and About at WBC!

Tower 5:

Tower 6 pirate boat pool:

Main Building pool:

Lazy River at Main Building pool:

Splash area near Main Building pool:

Activities Bulletin:

That's all folks! Hope the pictures help answer a few more of your questions about WBC.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #125
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Thanks for the great pictures you posted! We are booked there in October in a 2BR deluxe. As far as parking goes...what is the best building to request. I think that I read somewhere that building 6 would be good for that. Can you offer any information on the parking situation? We will be using our van instead of the shuttle, and I dont want to be parking far away from our room if at all possible. Thanks again for the great pictures. I am getting excited about our stay there!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #126
shoogrrl
Earning My Ears

They have plenty of parking all around the resort, no matter which tower you are at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Thanks for the great pictures you posted! We are booked there in October in a 2BR deluxe. As far as parking goes...what is the best building to request. I think that I read somewhere that building 6 would be good for that. Can you offer any information on the parking situation? We will be using our van instead of the shuttle, and I dont want to be parking far away from our room if at all possible. Thanks again for the great pictures. I am getting excited about our stay there!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #127
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogrrl View Post
They have plenty of parking all around the resort, no matter which tower you are at.
Agreed.

I will mention that I enjoy Buildings 4-6 though due to the availability of the parking garages near the buildings. The garages make it less stressful to find a parking spot at the end of the day (Just turn into the garage instead of trying to find an open spot in the "open parking"), and there is a definite advantage to the shade provided by parking in the garage vs out in the hot Florida sun.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #128
blessedby3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Agreed.

I will mention that I enjoy Buildings 4-6 though due to the availability of the parking garages near the buildings. The garages make it less stressful to find a parking spot at the end of the day (Just turn into the garage instead of trying to find an open spot in the "open parking"), and there is a definite advantage to the shade provided by parking in the garage vs out in the hot Florida sun.
Thanks so much! Do you have a recommendation which is better of buildings 4-6 as far as pools? We have a 4 yr old and being near a splash area as well as a zero entry pool would be great. My dd13 has seen the pirate pool in pictures and likes that one. I saw in shoogrrl's pictures that is building 6. Thanks for the help with suggestions!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #129
DCTooTall

Quote:
Thanks so much! Do you have a recommendation which is better of buildings 4-6 as far as pools? We have a 4 yr old and being near a splash area as well as a zero entry pool would be great. My dd13 has seen the pirate pool in pictures and likes that one. I saw in shoogrrl's pictures that is building 6. Thanks for the help with suggestions!
I'd probably say either Towers 5 or 6, though honestly it doesn't really matter since towers 4 and 5 pretty much share their 2 pools.

There is a "regular" pool and the pool bar directly behind Tower 4.

Tower 5 has the zero entry lazy river (with fort) directly behind it. (the lazy river has an exit into the tower 4 pool area, and the pool bar is built into one side of the fort.)

tower 6 has the pirate ship lagoon pool with 2 zero entry areas. it also has an activity center in it complete with Wii and pool table... as well as some other perks. tower 6 however is mostly presidential units, so non-presidential units are on the lower half of the tower.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #130
blessedby3

Quote:
I'd probably say either Towers 5 or 6, though honestly it doesn't really matter since towers 4 and 5 pretty much share their 2 pools.

There is a "regular" pool and the pool bar directly behind Tower 4.

Tower 5 has the zero entry lazy river (with fort) directly behind it. (the lazy river has an exit into the tower 4 pool area, and the pool bar is built into one side of the fort.)

tower 6 has the pirate ship lagoon pool with 2 zero entry areas. it also has an activity center in it complete with Wii and pool table... as well as some other perks. tower 6 however is mostly presidential units, so non-presidential units are on the lower half of the tower.
Thanks for the heads up on that one! I definately want a higher floor Guess I will ask for tower 5. Do you know if there is a kids splash area near tower 5? You are a wealth of knowledge DCTooTall

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #131
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks for your pics, Shoogrrl.
Can't say as I blame you for not appreciating your uninvited guest. I know they're part of the "landscape" in FL - but I sure wouldn't want to see 'em...
Glad your vacay was a good one.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #132
DCTooTall

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on that one! I definately want a higher floor Guess I will ask for tower 5. Do you know if there is a kids splash area near tower 5? You are a wealth of knowledge DCTooTall
There are 2 kids splash areas at the resort. 1 by the main building pool (and lazy river), and the other by Tower 3 (across the lake from building 5). Both aren't very far from Tower 5 and an easy walk around the lake path.

the zero entry area by the Tower 5 pool however is quite wide though, so depending on what kinda of splashing you expect your kid to enjoy, They may have a blast just splashing around in the shallows of the zero entry.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #133
blessedby3

Quote:
There are 2 kids splash areas at the resort. 1 by the main building pool (and lazy river), and the other by Tower 3 (across the lake from building 5). Both aren't very far from Tower 5 and an easy walk around the lake path.

the zero entry area by the Tower 5 pool however is quite wide though, so depending on what kinda of splashing you expect your kid to enjoy, They may have a blast just splashing around in the shallows of the zero entry.
Thanks! Is the "main building" building 6?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #134
DCTooTall

Quote:
Thanks! Is the "main building" building 6?
no. The Main Building is between Towers 1 and 4 and is where the main lobby, checkin, and Activity centers are located. It's also one of the 2 shuttle stops.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #135
blessedby3

Quote:
no. The Main Building is between Towers 1 and 4 and is where the main lobby, checkin, and Activity centers are located. It's also one of the 2 shuttle stops.
Goodness...this is confusing. Is there a link for a labeled map of the resort somewhere? Thanks