Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Cool "She's Looking at Food Pictures Again!" ★ A February Family Vacation! COMPLETE 8/14

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

You may know me as the writer of The Port Report: Frumpin' Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses (:
(which I encourage you to read, if you haven't done so already!)

Or you may have just randomly clicked on this Trip Report and have no idea who I am.

Whichever the case, I'm so glad you have decided to join me today!

Welcome to....

"She's Looking at Food Pictures Again!" ★ A February Family Vacation!

This is my second trip report ever, and it actually occurred this past February (February 2011). Although I am starting a little late, I thought better late than never!

If you are still following on my other report, GREAT! Thank you so much for being such a loyal fan! I hope having two reports going at once doesn't get too overwhelming... but I thought I should probably get a move on this report since it's already April! I have lots to do!

So let's get this thing started!

I will introduce you to the Fam:

Jess

Hello! I am Jess! I am obsessed with Disney, and I always have been my whole entire life. I feel more at home in Disney World than anywhere else! I think I have been there over 20 times now... and every time just keeps getting better and better! I wrote my senior research paper on Disney, I listen to Disney music more often than music on the radio, and I plan on doing the Disney College Program! My absolute dream job is to be a princess (preferably Jasmine. Or Belle). And my favorite aspect of Disney World... has to be the food!

Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurants: Pizzafari and Casey's Corner
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Via Napoli, O'hana, and Kona
Favorite Dessert: Red Bean Ice Cream (Nine Dragons)
Favorite Rides: Splash Mountain, the PeopleMover, and Expedition Everest
Favorite Resort: Yacht Club
Favorite Disney Characters: Aladdin, Jasmine, and Pluto
Favorite Disney Movies: Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan
Favorite Disney Songs: I Just Can't Wait to be King and A Whole New World

Mother

Mother has accompanied me on every single trip I have ever taken to Disney World. I think she loves it just as much as I do! (Well... almost anyways!) She loves learning about Disney World and is always interested in the new facts that I find out! She loves talking to anyone that we may be sitting next to on the bus, monorail, etc. She loves giving advice to first-timers (especially telling them about the Fastpasses!) And she loves trying all of the Disney food! Disney makes her very happy, and I don't think she ever gets tired of going!

Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurants: Pizzafari
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Dessert: Zeppoles (Via Napoli) and Red Bean Ice Cream (Nine Dragons)
Favorite Ride: Soarin'
Favorite Resort: Old Key West
Favorite Disney Characters: Snow White
Favorite Disney Movies: Lady and the Tramp
Favorite Disney Song: When You Wish Upon a Star

Dad

My Dad is a great, funny, and hard-working guy. He has gone to Disney with us so many times, even though I know he would like to spice it up and go to Jamacia, the Grand Canyon, etc. However, once he gets to Disney, he gets really immersed in the vacation! He really loved this trip because we tried so many new restaurants, and he loved having the time off to relax! He is an awesome guy, and he is always so open to planning the next trip! (whether he's going on it or not!) He's my thrill-ride buddy, since no one else will go on them with me, and he likes to take his Disney vacations at a relaxed and enjoyable pace.

Favorite Theme Park: Epcot
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurant: Pizzafari
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Via Napoli and Kona
Favorite Dessert: Maple Creme Brulee (Le Cellier)
Favorite Ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite Resort: Old Key West
Favorite Disney Characters: Tigger
Favorite Disney Movies: Lady and the Tramp
Favorite Disney Songs: Part of Your World

Jonathan

This is my brother Jonathan! He is 3 years younger than me. Even though he isn't as open about it as I am, I am pretty sure he loves going to Disney! He got excited to go on this past trip, so that was great. He doesn't do thrill rides (except Test Track is his favorite...) and he's a pretty calm guy. He loves going to Epcot and swimming at the resort pool. However, sometimes when we get to the park, he's "ready to go back to the room" very quickly. We always end up having a fun time together on our vacations, though!

Favorite Theme Park: Epcot
Favorite Counter-Service Restaurant: Casey's
Favorite Table-Service Restaurant: Via Napoli
Favorite Dessert: Zeppoles (Via Napoli)
Favorite Ride: Test Track
Favorite Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Favorite Disney Character: Donald, Goofy, and Pluto
Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King 1 1/2
Favorite Disney Songs: All of the Lion King Songs

And you can tell, I am DEFINITELY the dis-er in the family. Mother is a close second. And Dad and Jonathan are sort of just along for the ride.

The four of us headed down to Walt Disney World on February 19th, 2011 - February 26th, 2011. Yes, we went over Presidents Day Week!

We were NOT on the Disney Dining Plan!
Now, I hope that doesn't turn anyone away from continuing on reading... because I want to assure you that we went to a table service restaurant every day! And we got dessert at pretty much every meal! My Dad just likes paying out of pocket, since he likes ordering a lot of extra drinks and such, and it's essentially the same price. Yes, I checked. I did the math.

We stayed at a 2 Bedroom Villa at Disney's Old Key West!

And I think that's about it!

So let me know if you're reading along! Having readers makes me so happy and lets me know I am doing a decent job over here! And I love love love comments, so leave as many as you wish!

I hope you enjoy reading about our Fun Family February Vacation Filled with FOOD!

Here we go...!

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-14-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

TABLE OF CONTENTS
*Any post containing food pictures will be starred*

Prelude:
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Our Vacation:

Day 1 - February 19th, 2011

Chapter 1 - Welcome Home!
Chapter 2 - Olivia's Cafe*
Chapter 3 - To The Villa!
Chapter 4 - A Relaxing Afternoon & Dinner at Via Napoli!*
Chapter 5 - Flowers and Fireworks

Day 2 - February 20th, 2011

Chapter 6 - Early Morning Character Greetings
Chapter 7 - Crystal Palace*
Chapter 8 - A Lovely Afternoon and Liberty Tree Tavern*
Chapter 9 - Nighttime at the Magic Kingdom*

Day 3 - February 21st, 2011

Chapter 10 - Classic Epcot
Chapter 11 - Le Cellier*
Chapter 12 - My Experience as an Ordinary Disney Tourist
Chapter 13 - Wrapping Up The Night*

Day 4 - February 22nd, 2011

Chapter 14 - Kona*
Chapter 15 - Animal Kingdom Adventures*
Chapter 16 - Wolfgang Puck Express*

Day 5 - February 23rd, 2011

Chapter 17 - Our Precious Boating Experience*
Chapter 18 - Fulton's Crab House*

Day 6 - February 24th, 2011

Chapter 19 - Eating Food From Casey's on Seagull Island*
Chapter 20 - "That Guy" and His Daughter, The Galactic Hero
Chapter 21 - "Call Me Sentimental... But I Still Miss The Screeeaming." OHANA!*

Day 7 - February 25th, 2011

Chapter 22 - "I Could Just Sop You Up Like A Biscuit!"*
Chapter 23 - Nine Dragons*
Chapter 24 - Our Very Last Night*

Day 8 - February 26th, 2011

Chapter 25 - Every Day is a Bad Day When You Leave Disney.

Wrap Up:

Chapter 26 - So That's About It!

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 08-14-2011 at 10:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I'M FIRST!!!!!!!! DUH. Yay for getting this one started. The fam is looking precious as always. Your Dad and Tigger= cutest thing I have EVER seen. Can't wait for more!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 04-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 1 - Welcome Home!
February 19th, 2011

So, one month ago on this day I left Disney World with Kristen and Vickie after our frumpy and wonderful trip!
(Aka The Port Report: Frumpin' Around the World with the Bathrobe Princesses (: ). I have never taken a back to back trip before, but it was great! And a totally different experience both times!

So lets see... back tracking to this time of the year. I remember it being CRAZY busy. Like ridiculous! The musical "The Music Man" was in full swing, so there were lots of rehearsals and lots of material to be learned.

It was also Spirit Week at school, which is really intense! It's unlike any other school's spirit week. Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors battle to see who can win the most competitions! There are twin day competitions, lip syncs, hall decorating, relay races, etc.

The day before I left, February 18th, was the final day of Spirit Week, which was Class Color/Relay Race day! My class, the seniors, won for the second year in a row! We were so happy that we were able to finish up with a victory!

Here's me, my friend Jessie, and my other friend Alicia celebrating our accomplishment!

And also, I had tons of homework at that point in time too. Always a lovely addition to any school break. Blah.

So, on the morning of February 19th, we woke up SUPER early! How early you ask? 5:20 am! Oh, the things we do for Disney!

We packed up the car and it was EXTREMELY cold and windy out. We couldn't wait to get out of here, especially my Dad. Winter is just not a pleasant time up here.

We left the house and headed to the airport around 6:10-6:20ish.

We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast, which is not exactly Disney food, but we settled. Jonathan and I split a breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, and bacon. Sorry... no pictures. I love Dunkin' Donuts, but it can not compare with the excellent quality of Disney Dining.

We arrived at the airport and checked in outside. It was SO cold out there, but the line was much shorter than inside. Dad went to park the car, and we waited for him. Then we headed inside! No more cold weather for us!

On our way to security, my 6th grade science teacher walked by us! He was Jonathan's teacher too! He didn't recognize me (I'm an old timer now) but he recognized Jonathan and said hello.

We got through security without a hitch and headed over to Gate #8. However, it was full. So we sat in Gate #7.

And here's Dad making some last minute business calls!

Soon enough, it was time to board flight #667! We took JetBlue and we left at 8:36 am!

Mom, Jonathan, and I sat in Row 8 DEF, and Dad sat in seat 8 C.

The plane had to be de-iced because of the snow and cold. But soon enough, we were off!

And... I fell asleep. I guess I just couldn't contain my excitement. Once I woke up, I felt like being productive. So, I made dividers for my Pre-Calc Midterm Study Guide. And I used crayons! They were beautiful.

The flight was quick and we landed at 11:07 am! YAY FOR THE ORLANDO AIRPORT!!!

We got off the plane, took the mini-monorail, and got our luggage.

A guy from Manhattan was our luggage carrier, and Mom and Dad talked to him. He loved the Yankees and hated hot weather. (Wow, coincidence, I hate cold weather! We should switch.)

He took us to the Magical Express area.

Mom waited in the Magical Express Line. It looked really really long, but it actually only took 15-20 minutes. Not bad, not bad.

We got in line for our bus and didn't even need to wait because it was already there!

However... it was a Mears bus. The big, ugly, yellow ones. Yeah. I was disappointed. I have an attachment to those Magical Express busses.. the red interior.. the movie.. Yeah, we got none of that on this trip. WAH. Instead we watched some Homerun Baseball Movie. What is up with that?!

Anyways... we passed through the magical arches and arrived!

Old Key West was the first stop! Which was just wonderfully convenient!

And what was even better? It was SUNNY. And not freezing! It was WARM!! You have no idea how good that felt after suffering through a long winter. (that is STILL not over...)

It felt so good to be back at Old Key West. It's like the family favorite. Our first trip here was when I was in 2nd grade and we stayed for two whole weeks! (that's the first Disney trip I actually sort of remember) Then I returned with my Nana and my cousin Justine in 2004. Then I stayed there for another week in August 2005 with my family. And that was the last time we were there! WELCOME HOME for real!

We checked in, and I was a little upset because we were sort of far from the Main Building. However, that's all that was available so I lived with it. And it ended up working out very well!

The Cast Member who was checking us in was talking to us and asked us about what Dining Reservations we made. I, of course, was able to answer that question! He was very impressed when I told him my selections. He was especially surprised that I got a reservation at Le Cellier!

While we were checking in, Jonathan went to the most comfortable place in the lobby.... The child section! Aka the comfy couch to watch Disney cartoons!

So, our check-in experience was very pleasant! However, before heading to our room, we wanted to grab something to eat! We were pretty hungry!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 04-16-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
hotmamac
Mouseketeer

I've been reading along with your other TR and am excited to be on board for this one too!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
knitster
DIS Veteran

I stumbled upon your other trip report last weekend and loved it so much that I'll be following this one, too!

We're leaving for our first ever WDW vacation in 22 days and reading these trip reports makes me sooooooooo excited to get there!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

I'm here I'm looking forward to hearing more My old high school did competititions similar to yours during homecoming, we called it knightgames since our mascot was the knights. They were so much fun and I love the feeling of doing well at the competitions as seniors. Unfortunately the seniors always lost to the teachers every year I went to that school. I also am a big disney fan as well and i think my trip count is also somewhere around 20
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Jess I have lurked on your girly trip but have been a bad DISer and not commented - sorry. Anyway am looking forward to reading about your family trip and at some point need to catch up on your other TR and comment!

I love the intros - sounds like you had a crazy time before leaving. Also we are going to Disney World for the first time in September so let your mum know that I would be grateful for any advice she can offer

I can't believe someone actually hates hot weather! When I read you had no dining plan I was like huh what about all the food lol but then calmed down when I read that there would be plenty of food, just that you would be paying OOP

I'm looking forward to reading more
Old 04-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
MN Disneyfan
Mouseketeer

I'm here and excited to hear more.
2012-Beach Club
2011-Boardwalk
2010-Beach Club
2009-Beach Club
2008-Carribean Beach
2006-Offsite
2002-Yacht Club
1991-Offsite

Love them, hug them and take them to Disney!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Loving it! Get crackin I need more to read! LOL Ive never seen OKW so Im looking fwd to more pics and info!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 04-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
dresden_smith
Earning My Ears

I'm so glad you're doing another TR! I've been following your other one, and I really enjoy what I've read so far. Thank you for giving me something to read at night!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

I'm excited to join along for another trip, you are so lucky to be able to take such frequent trips!

I like how you write! you can really feel the Disney magic in your descriptions, and loads of details which I love!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to read all about your vacation

Are you guys DVC members by any chance? I was just wondering when you called OKW home

I can't wait to hear more
Old 04-15-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Great start!! We have never stayed at OKW, so I can't wait to hear all about it. We have decided that our next trip we will stay at OKW, it is so much closer to the kennel. AKV is just to far away! We were there for Feb. vacation, and it so was nice to see the sun.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
wdw_fanatic06
Always Let your conscience be your guide :)

following both of your trip reports! Let me just say that I LOVE them!
cannot wait for more

and I'm doing the disney college program in the fall

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: