Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
dcayz
Earning My Ears

GKTW Meet: Delaware, March 31, 2012 - CANCELED

CANCELED !

Date: Saturday March 24, 2012
Time : Noon – 4:00 PM
Location : Klondike Kate’s 158 Main St. Newark DE 19711 – the entire upstairs area!

Details:

There will be a silent and live auction to support GKTW. There will be over 50 items (mostly Disney) for auction. All the money from the auctions will go to GKTW.

Non-alcoholic drinks and light snacks will be provided. A full bar and restaurant menu will be available to anyone who wishes to order from that, at your own cost.

A box will be provided to collect additional items for GKTW. Check out their list at http://www.gktw.com/help/wishlist.asp?m=help

There will be a cost to participants (auction paddle charge). Not sure how much right now but somewhere around $5, just to partially offset the room / beverage / food costs (any extra will be given to GKTW). Fee will be collected at the door.

Children are permitted & welcome, but there will be limited room to have kid-friendly activities set up.

When signing up to attend this event, please provide each name of your family along with ages for children.

I will need some volunteers to help with activities, so let me know if you wish to help.

My husband (cayz) will be setting up a web site for this event. It will have description of the items for auction, places to stay and things to do in the area.

If anyone wants to donate anything for the auction, please let me know.

Hope to see you in March. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Denise & James

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 03-08-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Cancel
dcayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Newark is less than 5 hours from here, so I'm going to keep this in mind to see if I can make it. I will keep watching the thread, and if I can come, I will certainly let you know. I hope you have as much fun as we just did at the Va. Dis meet last Saturday.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

I lived in Delaware for 15 years before I moved to San Francisco. I have fond memories of Klondike Kate's! Wish I could be there for the event!

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)

Upcoming trips: DIS ABD Backstage Magic (July 6-11, 2014), DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

This is so exciting! I live in Dover and go to Newark all the time. In fact, I had my rehearsal dinner for my wedding at the upstairs room at Klondike Kate's in 1985!

When it gets closer to the New Year, I will let you know if I can volunteer (sometimes I get called in on weekends).

I will check for the website.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
dcayz
Earning My Ears

missytara - PM me. We work in Dover ,Camden and live in Smyrna. Maybe we can get together sometimes.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
AmberLuvsWDW
Mouseketeer

I'm in Easton, MD so that's not too far away. Hopefully we will be able to make it!

AmberLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
collins316
Mouseketeer

Hi Denise
I am in Newark, and I would love to help! I may even have something for the auction. I'll PM you my number.
So excited to have an event in Delaware!!!
Bernie
Old 11-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
twob4him
DIS Veteran

I'm in NJ but I may try to make it to this meet! I may have some gently worn Disney custom dresses to include in the auction. I would love if Kathy and Teresa could make it too!!!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
twob4him
DIS Veteran

I am getting a little more organized. My sewing peeps are also going to contribute to this auction. My one friend has allowed me to sell some of her patterns and donate the proceeds to Power of 10. My other friend who sews also offered to make some Disney customs for the auction. Here is a link to my sewing blog where I am showcasing some of the dresses I have made. If people don't mind gently worn (only once or twice) dresses, I could also donate these to the auction. Please pm me if you are interested! I look forward to meeting fellow dissers for such a great cause!!!!

Click here to see the dresses

This is really exciting!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Unfortunately (or, fortunately), we will be on the Maiden Fantasy ... so we cannot attend. I will see what I can find for a donation ... have some vintage / authentic Disney press photo's.

I was going to being a few things with me to DISapalooza (December 2011) ... but might just send those items to you. Please PM me with a shipping address for any auction donations.

Would LOVE to see a list of donations ... might be interested in providing bids prior to our departure.

DCL MAGIC: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise ('99), 7 night Eastern Caribbean ('01), 7 night Western Caribbean ('06), 15 night EB Panama Canal - Inaugural to Aruba & Cartagena (Aug-Sep '08), Eastern Caribbean / Inaugural Tortola (April-May '09), Eastern Caribbean / St. Croix (Ooops - Tortola, again) (Dec '09), 14 night EB TransAtlantic, Florida to Barcelona (April '10), 12 night EB TransAtlantic, Galveston to Barcelona (May '13), 7 night Southern Caribbean, R/T San Juan (Sept/Oct '14), 15 night EB TransAtlantic (Florida to Copenhagen) (May '15)
DCL WONDER: 4 night Bahamas practice cruise (April '08), LA - Vancouver REPO (Apr/May '11), -B2B- Inaugural Alaska (May '11)
DCL FANTASY: 7 night Maiden Voyage: Western Caribbean (March '12), 7 night podCast 4.0 Western Caribbean (Dec '12), 7 night San Juan/Western Caribbean (Apr '15)
DISapalooza: WWOHP / Universal (Dec '12)
DISNEY ON BROADWAY: Mary Poppins @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2012, Spiderman (Marvel) @ Foxwoods Theatre - 2012, The Lion King @ Minskoff Theatre - 2013, Aladdin @ New Amsterdam Theatre - 2014
NON-DCL: RCCL Freedom FROM the Seas, Western Caribbean, Jan 2014; Celebrity Horizon, 7 night Philadelphia - Bermuda; HAL Noordam, 10 night NYC - Caribbean; Princess, 7 night FL-Caribbean; Carnival (don't waste my time)
sdlong329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
disneyesk
Earning My Ears

GKTW fundraiser

Hi, Denise! I just heard about your fundraiser tonight on the podcast. I am SOOOOOooooo excited. Count me in. I want to help! I have been dying to find other Dis-ers in our area and a GKTW fundraiser is a great way to meet people while raising money for an awesome group!

I am actually with Delaware Valley Golden Retriever Rescue and we do a Gala and several other auctions every year, so I am VERY familiar with the whole auction thing. Please let me know how I can jump in. I’ve never posted on the boards before and I don’t know how to handle getting my contact info to you, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance (since I'm a new poster, I get an error message when I try to send a PM).

I look forward to working with you!
Kris

Last edited by disneyesk; 11-30-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: wouldn't let me PM
disneyesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
dcayz
Earning My Ears

Change of Date for the meet

Due to a scheduling problem on my end the date for the event has been moved to Sat. March 24 2012. Same place and time just a different date. Sorry!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #13
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

Well we won't be there sadly. We will just be leaving WDW on saturday morning.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #14
disneyesk
Earning My Ears

change of date

Oh, well that's a bummer. I have call from 8-5 that day. I was really looking forward to it... I'm still happy to help out though. Please let me know what I can do.
disneyesk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delaware, event, gktw, march 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: