Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #151
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy714 View Post
Unfortunately I wasn't able to switch shifts and get the day off. But I should be off by 4 (crossing fingers!) so I'll be sure to stop by after! Hopefully most people are planning on staying most of the day! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hey Brandy - That's okay. The food will be out all afternoon and we'll be drawing for prizes at the top of each hour until 6:00PM so do stop by when you can.

See you tomorrow.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #152
getfed
Earning My Ears

Room for a wish kid?

Is there still room at the meet tomorrow for a few more? I would be coming with 5 kids, and one of them wished to go to GKTW. Her trip is in 6 weeks, and I am trying to help keep her excitement levels under control as she waits.

Chris
getfed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #153
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfed View Post
Is there still room at the meet tomorrow for a few more? I would be coming with 5 kids, and one of them wished to go to GKTW. Her trip is in 6 weeks, and I am trying to help keep her excitement levels under control as she waits.

Chris
Certainly Chris! Please bring them along. It will be a pleasure meeting you. See you tomorrow!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #154
ADP

We're heading out to the meet venue! See everyone there!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #155
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Ooops!! I forgot. I am Central Zone, you are Eastern. I will be an hour later than whatever I was going to be, LOL.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #156
disrailfan
DIS Veteran

I will be bringing all of my bags of Disney pins to show and trade if anyone else is bringing theirs.
disrailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #157
NicholeLyles
Earning My Ears

Unable to make it

Hey everyone,

I am totally bummed here, but my whole family has come down with a nasty chest cold and we haven't been able to shake it in time. I hope everyone has fun... wish we could be there!

-Nichole
Old 09-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #158
ADP

Getting ready to start!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:22 AM   #159
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning, preparation and presentation all outdid themselves again, for the 4th year. Great food and plenty of it!!! The auction, the price drawings, face painting, kids' activities, music, decorations, everything....top notch. And Dole whips were back again, coutesy of Susan and Jason.

Thanks for a great meet from a Chicago visitor. And great to see your folks and family again, Aaron, a very enjoyable day, and then early evening at the coffee house.

Off to the races for me now, hope to be back next year for Indy 5!!!

Thanks again, everybody!!!

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #160
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

We had a great time at the DISmeet, too! Met up with our wonderful friends, Shawn & Milford (Mousefan64 & Disrailfan). Had great food....everything was DELICIOUS! Enjoyed meeting new people (SMJJ, FairyGodmotherGen, and the Winters family - not sure of their DISname). Saw some familiar faces from the DISmeet we attended two years ago (Aaron & Dan Murphy - although we didn't get the chance to talk to them as much as I would have liked to...maybe next year)

Thank you so much to Aaron and everyone else who put this together. What an incredibly wonderful way to do a DISmeet....turn it into a fundraiser for GKTW!!! As we like to say on our cruisemeet thread: THAT'S AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! (meaning...perfect in every way)

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #161
disrailfan
DIS Veteran

Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning the meet we greatly appreciate it and we had a wonderful time. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Had fun showing off my Disney Pins and even got to trade some pins with some others.

I am sure GKTW will be thrilled as will theDIS team with the donation that we all helped generate for them yesterday. Personally I am getting ready to ship another box of office and computer supplies down to them when we get back from our cruise in a few weeks. For those of you not familiar with GKTW they also accept donations of supplies for the resort. I usually send them towers of CD-R / CD-R/W when I can find them on sale at places.

At any rate it was great seeing everyone and hope that we can do it again next year.
disrailfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #162
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholeLyles View Post
Hey everyone,

I am totally bummed here, but my whole family has come down with a nasty chest cold and we haven't been able to shake it in time. I hope everyone has fun... wish we could be there!
-Nichole
I hate when that happens. I hope you all get well soon. It was a great time. Hope to see you next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning, preparation and presentation all outdid themselves again, for the 4th year. Great food and plenty of it!!! The auction, the price drawings, face painting, kids' activities, music, decorations, everything....top notch. And Dole whips were back again, coutesy of Susan and Jason.

Thanks for a great meet from a Chicago visitor. And great to see your folks and family again, Aaron, a very enjoyable day, and then early evening at the coffee house.

Off to the races for me now, hope to be back next year for Indy 5!!!
Thanks again, everybody!!!
Thanks so much for coming and your generosity Dan. It's always a pleasure seeing and talking with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
We had a great time at the DISmeet, too! Met up with our wonderful friends, Shawn & Milford (Mousefan64 & Disrailfan). Had great food....everything was DELICIOUS! Enjoyed meeting new people (SMJJ, FairyGodmotherGen, and the Winters family - not sure of their DISname). Saw some familiar faces from the DISmeet we attended two years ago (Aaron & Dan Murphy - although we didn't get the chance to talk to them as much as I would have liked to...maybe next year)

Thank you so much to Aaron and everyone else who put this together. What an incredibly wonderful way to do a DISmeet....turn it into a fundraiser for GKTW!!! As we like to say on our cruisemeet thread: THAT'S AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! (meaning...perfect in every way)
I hope you guys have a great cruise! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disrailfan View Post
Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning the meet we greatly appreciate it and we had a wonderful time. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Had fun showing off my Disney Pins and even got to trade some pins with some others.

I am sure GKTW will be thrilled as will theDIS team with the donation that we all helped generate for them yesterday. Personally I am getting ready to ship another box of office and computer supplies down to them when we get back from our cruise in a few weeks. For those of you not familiar with GKTW they also accept donations of supplies for the resort. I usually send them towers of CD-R / CD-R/W when I can find them on sale at places.

At any rate it was great seeing everyone and hope that we can do it again next year.
Milford - Thanks for coming to the meet. Your generosity was deeply appreciated. We really can't thank you enough for what you did.

Hope to see you again soon.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #163
ADP

Kim, Anna, and I are so appreciative of everyone who came to the meet and supported Give Kids the World.

The meet has always been about getting together with Disney fans at least one time each year. It's kind of funny, but we talk on the boards several times a month, but when it comes to seeing and talking to each other face-to-face it rarely happens. When we plan family vacations to Disney parks we rarely see each other because our vacations don't match up. This is our chance to see each other, talk about what we have in common, and have a great time sharing our Disney passion.

Although we try and raise as much money for Give Kids the World as we can I don't want to overemphasize fundraising because it can sometimes take away from the fun we want to enjoy during the meet. This is why we don't charge anything for admission or for Dole Whip, etc. I hope you all feel we struck a good balance between fundraising and meet enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone (and I mean everyone) because without your support the meet wouldn't be what it is. It takes people to show up, bring their food, reach out to other people in the venue, and show their generosity. We all share in making the meet enjoyable. I personally saw a lot of generosity yesterday at the meet; the 50/50 raffle winner donated the money back to GKTW, guests who walked up to me or Kim and handed us a donation (including a family who will be visiting GKTW this October), the WDW Mom's Panel who graciously donated free handouts, and those guests who donated to other GKTW fundraising efforts. Thanks to those who helped run the face-painting, kids tattoo, and Indy Meet ornament table. We even had a special person who could write in Japanese volunteer to write names in Japanese on the back of the ornaments and Duffy Bears. I don't know about everyone else, but I ate so much Dole Whip yesterday I started turning yellow as the meet progressed. Again...We can't thank you enough for supporting the meet the way you did. It was very heart-warming.

Here are the totals from the meet.

- Attended - 108
- Money raised for GKTW - $3,100. Some of this money was donated before the meet and for other GKTW fundraising efforts like the Muddy Buddy Challenge and Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon.
- 25 Indy Meet ornaments built
- 30 Duffy Bears created
- 192 Dole Whips consumed
- Approximately 55 Mickey Rice Krispy treats enjoyed.
- Several character photo ops

If anyone who couldn't attend the meet would still like to make a donation to Give Kids the World please feel free to do so through our First Giving page.
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...undraisingpage

Again - THANK YOU for attending the meet. We hope for those of you who haven't been to the parks in a while, or have been to the parks several times found the meet a nice way to get your Disney fix in Central Indiana.

See you next year!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #164
ADP

Hi Everyone,

Please feel free to post any pictures you have from the meet. We'd love to see them. You can post them here or on our official Facebook page.

Thanks again for coming out this year! We had a great time and made a diffeerence in children's lives.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #165
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Sounds like this was an awesome event!! I am from Chicago so maybe next year I can make this event!
I have already donated and will be attending the event at AKV on 10/3!!! Cant wait! And for such a wonderful, important cause as well!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: