Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #136
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran
 
FairyGodmotherJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,161

Bryan will be making his Mickey head Rice Krispie treats. I'll also make sure that we bring some chips and dip, and probably some fruit (at least that way I know my kids will eat something other than chips....)

The kids are excited about going to another "Disney party!" Can't wait to see/meet everyone on Saturday!
__________________
me (Jen) dh: dd ds ds

October 2012 Trip report


FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #137
Dizney_Mike
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 37

Hi
I replied to this thread way back on the first page and I am not listed as attending. I wanted to let you know I will be making a pineapple chicken dish like I did last year. It will be home made. Althought the chicken comes from Sam's club. LOL.

I will also bring my camera and take pictures like I did last year.

I do pin trading but I am so amateurish at it its not even funny. I will donate the new Star Tours pins I picked up at the re-opening of StarTours back in May. I just have five so you can do what you want with them.

It will just be me coming. I don't live that far from 4-H grounds and the hotel is less than two miles away from me. The good news is if you like McDonalds, they just opened up a 24-hour McDonalds near the hotel back in July.
__________________
Dizney_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #138
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizney_Mike View Post
Hi
I replied to this thread way back on the first page and I am not listed as attending. I wanted to let you know I will be making a pineapple chicken dish like I did last year. It will be home made. Althought the chicken comes from Sam's club. LOL.

I will also bring my camera and take pictures like I did last year.

I do pin trading but I am so amateurish at it its not even funny. I will donate the new Star Tours pins I picked up at the re-opening of StarTours back in May. I just have five so you can do what you want with them.

It will just be me coming. I don't live that far from 4-H grounds and the hotel is less than two miles away from me. The good news is if you like McDonalds, they just opened up a 24-hour McDonalds near the hotel back in July.
Hi Mike,
Sorry about that. You can kick me when you see me at the meet for not listing you.

That chicken dish sounds delish! I'm not sure I tried it last year, but I'll be sure to look for it this year.

As for the pin trading I'm sure there will be others with small amounts of pins to trade. I know my Daughter Anna will be bringing her pins to trade.

Thanks for the Star Tours pins. I'm anxious to see them since they were bought when the attraction reopened.

Looking forward to seeing you Saturday. Thanks!
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #139
jennz
DIS Veteran
 
jennz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 3,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigs3 View Post
Please add the Quigley family to the list if attendees: DD Shelby (15), DS Bret (17), and myself Carolyn (age is just a number). We'll be driving over that morning from Champaign, IL so will need to bring food that doesn't need to be heated. Hope everyone likes pasta salad. Will also bring brownies and a snack mix. This is our first DIS meet, and we are so excited to meet everyone!
__________________
Jennifer
jennz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #140
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Hi Everyone,

I'll be at the meet venue around 8:00AM to start setting things up. We could always use additional help setting up if anyone wants to come out early. I promise not to overwork you.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #141
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran
 
Luckymomoftwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hobart, Indiana
Posts: 4,389

If we lived closer I would come early to help out, but we are up in NW Indiana, and we are driving down in the morning to get there by 1:00. hopefully you'll get some help from other DISers!
__________________
ME DH DS(14) DD(10)
šoš My family and friends all think I'm crazy because I live, eat, and breathe Disney. I just can't seem to get them to join in on my passion of all things Disney. šoš

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #142
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
If we lived closer I would come early to help out, but we are up in NW Indiana, and we are driving down in the morning to get there by 1:00. hopefully you'll get some help from other DISers!
Oh...It will be no problem. I always like to throw this out there so folks who are here early know we are at the venue and can stop by. Watching the venue transform into our meet is pretty cool.

Travel safely!
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #143
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran
 
FairyGodmotherJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
If we lived closer I would come early to help out, but we are up in NW Indiana, and we are driving down in the morning to get there by 1:00. hopefully you'll get some help from other DISers!
Hey - we'll be heading up your direction after the meet! We usually head to NW IN to my in-law's after the meet. We hit the Blueberry Festival on Sunday.
__________________
me (Jen) dh: dd ds ds

October 2012 Trip report


FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #144
DerBlaine
been a disneyphile since 68 but new here
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 20

Looks Like we can make it.

We were not going to be in the state originally but now that we are we will make it down from Lafayette. Myself,DW, DS(9), andf DD(7). Not sure what to bring right now but will look for something in our Disney cookbook tonight. Pin trading sounds fun the kids like doing it while we are at the parks. We are DVC members and will be happy to share the experience with anyone intersted in hearing about it. ( try and stop us from talking abouit it). see you tomorrow.
DerBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #145
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerBlaine View Post
We were not going to be in the state originally but now that we are we will make it down from Lafayette. Myself,DW, DS(9), andf DD(7). Not sure what to bring right now but will look for something in our Disney cookbook tonight. Pin trading sounds fun the kids like doing it while we are at the parks. We are DVC members and will be happy to share the experience with anyone intersted in hearing about it. ( try and stop us from talking abouit it). see you tomorrow.
Great! See you tomorrow.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #146
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Okay - Last chance to spread the word about tomorrow's meet.

There's usually a few family's who don't hear about our meet until it's too late. Spread the word.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #147
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran
 
Luckymomoftwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hobart, Indiana
Posts: 4,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Hey - we'll be heading up your direction after the meet! We usually head to NW IN to my in-law's after the meet. We hit the Blueberry Festival on Sunday.
We went to the Blueberry Festival ONCE. The bees were SO BAD I about had a panic attack. I'm not allergic but I'm terrified of them. One of my co-workers will be at the Blueberry Festival this weekend...not sure if she's going tomorrow or Sunday...she just said she was going this weekend. LOL

Well...I gotta go get started on my dish. See everyone tomorrow!! Safe travels to everyone!
__________________
ME DH DS(14) DD(10)
šoš My family and friends all think I'm crazy because I live, eat, and breathe Disney. I just can't seem to get them to join in on my passion of all things Disney. šoš

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #148
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 77,753

See you tomorrow, Aaron. Hope to leave Chicago area, north near O'Hare, around 8 AM. Should be in Indy area by about 11 or so. Check into hotel by Keystone and then head up to the meet.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #149
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
See you tomorrow, Aaron. Hope to leave Chicago area, north near O'Hare, around 8 AM. Should be in Indy area by about 11 or so. Check into hotel by Keystone and then head up to the meet.
See you then Dan! Safe travels!
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #150
Brandy714
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3

Unfortunately I wasn't able to switch shifts and get the day off. But I should be off by 4 (crossing fingers!) so I'll be sure to stop by after! Hopefully most people are planning on staying most of the day! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Brandy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.