Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
dawsons
Mouseketeer

Has anyone stayed at International Palms Resort?

I am needing honest opinions of International Palms Resort. I like the pirate ship themed water play area for kids and the fact that it is on the beach. We are arriving 4 days prior to our cruise and would like to stay on the beach. I am contemplating between The Cove at Ormond Beach or this place @ Cocoa Beach. THanks for any help
dawsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

I would stay elsewhere. I ended up at International Palms due to a mistake on my part when bidding on Priceline. I accidently lowered my bid to 2 stars instead of staying with 2.5 or higher. The reviews on Tripadvisor are horrible and sadly pretty accurate.

We stayed one night before our 3/27 cruise. We arrived late Sat evening and left early Sun morning, so I put up with it.

The pool area did look nice although we didn't use it. And although its 'on the beach' it is not a private beach. You are right next to a big parking lot for public beach access. We arrived after sundown so we didn't go check it out and didn't take time the next morning either, so I can't comment more on the beach.

Now the rooms. They seemed clean enough, but the towels and linens were pretty thin. The mattress was lumpy as if it were quite old. The furniture desparately needs a facelift. They are updating some of the rooms, all the pool/courtyard facing rooms in our wing, so maybe they'll get better. But the reviews I read stated that the renovating has been going on so long that people are beginning to think that they just have tarps and tape just to give the illusion that renovations are being done.

When we first arrived, we just dropped off our bags and used the bathroom, then headed out to dinner. When we got back, there was a message stating that the room below us had water leaking through the ceiling and the front desk gave us instructions on how to take a shower and properly use the shower curtain. I immediately called them and explained that we had not been in the room and had not used the shower.

My son mentioned that he noticed a puddle of water after he used the restroom, but was confident that the toilet had not stopped up. Upon further inspection, turns out that when you sat on the toilet, it pulled it from the wall and the tank would leak.

Since it was a Priceline room and we hadn't run up any charges, I used express checkout. A few days later I found out that International Palms had charged me for 1 night anyway. After much explaining, they finally reversed the charges.

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at either hotel but we stayed at the Doubletree last month and it was very nice. We've also stayed at the Hampton Inn many times and it's nice as well. Doubletree is more expensive because it has direct beach views. Hampton is as close a walk to the beach but the full view is blocked by a condo. RonJons is also walking distance to the beach with a tram that will take you down. The pool there is really a lot of fun.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
ajsfamdisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsons View Post
I am needing honest opinions of International Palms Resort. I like the pirate ship themed water play area for kids and the fact that it is on the beach. We are arriving 4 days prior to our cruise and would like to stay on the beach. I am contemplating between The Cove at Ormond Beach or this place @ Cocoa Beach. THanks for any help
We stayed at this hotel last Dec 2010 for just one night (prior to our cruise). I would NOT recommend it for anything longer than 1 night. I would probably only rate it 2 stars. The only reason I booked was because I got for like $20/night and all we really needed was just a place to sleep before embarkation day
ajsfamdisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: