DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Tink3148
Earning My Ears

Dvc rental and owner's maintenance fees

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered. I'm new here and any help you could provide would be much appreciated. I rented a vacation from a dvc owner who has now disappeared (same owner as all of the others who have posted to these boards.) My trip is booked (per disneyworld.com) and other renters have been successful with their trips since the owner's disappearance. My concern is this - if the guy has really disappeared, perhaps he hasn't paid his dues? Disney tells me that there is a grace period until 4/15. If dues are not paid by then all future ressies will be cancelled. They will not tell me if he has or has not paid obviously. For all of you Dvc people and other conosseirues, I have some questions (in the event the "worst case scenario" comes true):

1 - I can do online check in before April 15. If I check in before then, even if the owner hasn't paid, will Disney cancel my ressie?

2 - has anyone else ever heard of this "canceling after 4/15" thing? The reason I asked is, after one rep relayed this to me I did online chat with another rep who had no idea what I was talking about. She said maintenance fees are due at all different times depending upon when the owner purchases.

Thanks for your time everyone. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Tink3148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

You would probably get the correct answer here:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Tink3148
Earning My Ears

Thanks for ur help!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

I'll move this over to the DVC - Mousecellaneous board. Check out this thread there; other renters who've dealt with this owner are discussing the situation.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2683575
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Tink3148
Earning My Ears

Repost - dvc maintenance dues and renting

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered. I'm new here and any help you could provide would be much appreciated. I rented a vacation from a dvc owner who has now disappeared (same owner as all of the others who have posted to these boards.) My trip is booked (per disneyworld.com) and other renters have been successful with their trips since the owner's disappearance. My concern is this - if the guy has really disappeared, perhaps he hasn't paid his dues? Disney tells me that there is a grace period until 4/15. If dues are not paid by then all future ressies will be cancelled. They will not tell me if he has or has not paid obviously. For all of you Dvc people and other conosseirues, I have some questions (in the event the "worst case scenario" comes true):

1 - I can do online check in before April 15. If I check in before then, even if the owner hasn't paid, will Disney cancel my ressie?

2 - has anyone else ever heard of this "canceling after 4/15" thing? The reason I asked is, after one rep relayed this to me I did online chat with another rep who had no idea what I was talking about. She said maintenance fees are due at all different times depending upon when the owner purchases.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
Tink3148
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your help Lynne!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #7
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink3148 View Post

I am pretty sure Disney will cancel for non-payment of dues... have not heard of #2
Disneypubgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

I am surprised a rep from MS would even talk with you. They are only supposed to talk with owners. Dues are due in Jan with a grace period to Feb 15th if you are not on automatic withdrawal I believe.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
Tink3148
Earning My Ears

Well I didn't ask anything about the member or his account when I talked to MS. Only a general question re: what happens if fees aren't paid. They would never give me any info specific to the member or his account (I wouldn't think) but she was able to answer just a general "what is dvc's policy on this" type of question
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

There would be no way for any of us to know whether this member is up to date on his dues or not. Or to know if there is a grace period.

But yes if the member is deliquent in the payment of dues, they can cancel all reservations that person has made and online check in would not prevent that. Sorry.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #11
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

I have merged these duplicate threads into one. We will need to keep this on one thread, please. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #12
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Unfortunately online check in won't help you a bit.

If paid yearly, dues are late if not paid by February 15th. On April 15th DVC begins to process the accounts for non payment and cancels the reservations.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
drusba

DIS Veteran

For non-payment pf dues, they can cancel despite any on-line check-in; they can cancel up to the day you check-in. Dues are paid one of two ways. Member can pay for current calendar year by no later than February 15. Alternatively, member can pay in monthly increments throughout the calendar year by setting up automatic withdrawal with Disney from his bank account. If your member paid annual dues by Feb 15, you have no issue. If member has monthly automatic withdrawal, that may actually be continuing to occur as long as there are funds in the account. Problem is Member Services' accounting, as a rule, will not provide the member's standing as to dues to you, a stranger to the member's account, and is actually legally prohibited from doing so.

Tags
dues, dvc, maintenance dues, scottys_travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: