Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Anna_Marie
Mouseketeer

ACE weight loss pills?

Has anyone heard of this? My friend on facebook is taking them, and in one month she has lost 24lbs! I sent her a message asking what was in it, and this is what she responded:

Here is a little bit more info about ACE.ACE is an all natural appetite control energy supplement that you take once a day. It also is a metabolism booster, which is why the weight just literally falls off. no jitters, no sleepless nights, no in between meal snacking, no binge eating, no over eating.. I take one a day first thing in the morning, and then go about my day. I h...ave more energy and generally feel better than i have in years!! I dont even work out!!! I will be honest.. I havent spent the first minute exercising or working out!! LOL

The best part is.. it cost $1 a day.. 30 bucks for a 30 day supply 60 bucks for a 60 day supply and so on.. Its amazing!!!. I love it.. The main ingredients in it are vitamin b, cocoa powder, and green tea..

It has a natural source of caffeine derived from the cocoa powder. It works by decreasing your caloric intake, boosting your metabolism, and increased energy means your up and moving more, which results in you burning FAT.. I love it..

Saba is the company that makes it. Every product that we have is all about a better more healthier, more energized you!!

Here are a list of the ingredients.. Vitamin b6 Cocoa powder chromium spirulina green tea extract geranium flower natural sourced caffeine............

So I was wondering, have any of you heard of this? Anyone tried it? I'm so tempted.....
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Creativebeth
DIS Veteran

Sounds like advertising........One thing I know for sure, there is NO magic pill for weight loss. If it sounds too good to be true, don't trust it! Weight loss involves alot more than taking a pill.....I wouldn't do it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
WDWisTheBest
This is better than plan one
I hope the clean up efforts are swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativebeth View Post
Sounds like advertising........One thing I know for sure, there is NO magic pill for weight loss. If it sounds too good to be true, don't trust it! Weight loss involves alot more than taking a pill.....I wouldn't do it.
Good point.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
katesorad
I stand up in them and BAM I'm on the floor

Do you know this Facebook friend personally?

It looks very much like a scam.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
JMD
DIS Veteran

If your friend is just taking this pill and not exercising and watching what she eats, what do you think will happen when she stops taking the pill?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

There is no magic pill to lose weight. It comes to diet and exercise, simple as that. Take in less calories then your body needs and you will lose weight, take in more, you will gain. Exercise helps you burn more calories, additionally it tones your body so it works more efficiently and helps you maintain other aspects of your diet.

I'm so sick of the "miracle" drugs to lose weight, it's called get off your bum and workout and stop eating 2,500 + calories a day!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Tantor
Ventured over to the dark side
Solemnly vows NEVER to toggle her tag again!
Now one of the bad girls!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
There is no magic pill to lose weight. It comes to diet and exercise, simple as that. Take in less calories then your body needs and you will lose weight, take in more, you will gain. Exercise helps you burn more calories, additionally it tones your body so it works more efficiently and helps you maintain other aspects of your diet.

I'm so sick of the "miracle" drugs to lose weight, it's called get off your bum and workout and stop eating 2,500 + calories a day!
me too!
And then what do you do after you finish losing all the weight....what have you learned about healthy eating and excercising.........
Old 04-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
RockAndRollBallerina
Mouseketeer

Don't flame me, but losing 24 pounds in the course of one month is not healthy. I can guarantee you no medical professional will ever advise anyone to lose that much in a month.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAndRollBallerina View Post
Don't flame me, but losing 24 pounds in the course of one month is not healthy. I can guarantee you no medical professional will ever advise anyone to lose that much in a month.
Didn't even think about this component. Its not uncommon to lose significant weight in the first few weeks of introducing a calorie reduction and exercise routine into your life, however, 24 still seems like too much. I would guess approximately 15 pounds would be about the cap for a good first start in a month, beyond that, you really should seek a doctor to ensure you're not harming your body.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
RockAndRollBallerina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
Didn't even think about this component. Its not uncommon to lose significant weight in the first few weeks of introducing a calorie reduction and exercise routine into your life, however, 24 still seems like too much. I would guess approximately 15 pounds would be about the cap for a good first start in a month, beyond that, you really should seek a doctor to ensure you're not harming your body.
Right, someone in my life was diagnosed with diabetes back in January and needed to drastically change their diet and lifestyle as a result. So they had to check in with their doctor and nutritionist once a week to make sure they were not losing too much too fast as there is a certain point where too much too fast does harm to ones body.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAndRollBallerina View Post
Absolutely true. The more you have to lose, the faster you will, especially in the beginning. Last year I was hospitalized due to losing too fast, and trust me, there is NO fun in that. Especially when they want to start down, and move up, NOT MISSING anything. It was absolutely brutal testing.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
disneyismyname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a scam. I don't trust diet pills anyway....too many horror stories.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
Magic Mom
EVERYONE has the God given right to a vacation here
I did have to go there
And the end reward is my in laws

I have several friends who take the same thing under a different brand name. They swear by it. One of them is taking it monitored by her doctor. She has lost a good amount of weight, probably around 3 pounds a week give or take. I haven't taken it, but I have done a little reseach. They say it's all natural, but really if you look at how the ingreidients are processed, it's not that "natural." Also, please be aware that you should not take this if you are taking anti depression medication.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
tiffanyb
Earning My Ears

I take ACE and I love it. I have been fat as long as I can remember and tried every diet there is only to get frustrated when I can't lose weight. I have now lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks.
It works because it curbs the appetite. I don't "diet" but I eat less than half of what I used to eat because I no longer crave sweets or stay hungry all the time. It will help you lose without exercise, however I have found that exercise will speed the weight loss.
As much as I love it, I have to agree with the above poster that says in order to lose you have to take in less calories than you are using. If you continue to eat enormous amounts of food when you are not hungry then there is nothing that will work, but ACE is an excellent way to jump start a new lifestyle change and help keep you motivated because you actually see results.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

acediet pills????

This is advertising as she gave it away she stated "everything WE sell is natural"
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: