Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

Anyone ever rent Bonnet Creek from Ebay from this seller?

renting-resorts

He has given me a great deal on a 3 bedroom but I am really reluctant to send money to someone I have NO clue about. I found this person on TUG.

TIA!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
DisneyFan72
Earning My Ears

I used renting_resorts for a Bonnet Creek rental in October of 2010. Everything went very well. I had no problems at all. I would check thier feedback on eBay. If they have done a lot of rentals and have good feedback I think you should be safe to use them.
DisneyFan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel72 View Post
renting-resorts

He has given me a great deal on a 3 bedroom but I am really reluctant to send money to someone I have NO clue about. I found this person on TUG.

TIA!
They could be the biggest time-share renter on ebay. Check out their history and feedback.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #4
Goofy Mouse
Earning My Ears

Hmm, I would also like to know if anyone has used renting-resorts (with a dash). I just bought from them a week and a half ago and I have hardly heard anything from them since. I got one reply saying "Thanks for your patience. It will be set up in a few days." And that was several days after I purchased from them as well as messaged them twice. But after that I have heard nothing back regarding our reservations. The shipping time states 4-13 business days, and it has been 9 or 10 business days since I purchased it, with no info on the order process whatsoever. The good news is, so far there has been no negative feedback regarding never completing an order so I am not going to panic yet. It's just that this is the first time that I have ever purchased accommodations via e-bay and it is a little nerve wracking. I'm just curious if communication has ever been slow for other buyers from them, and how your experience went.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

I had messaged this person on TUG and he seems really nice. You might want to login there and contact him through there. He actually lives not too far from me here in Toronto. I think it will be fine!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #6
Goofy Mouse
Earning My Ears

Thanks snowangel. This will be our first trip staying offsite in over 15 trips to Disney. As our DDs have grown so has the need for larger accommodations. Unfortunately Disney has managed to out price our ability to feed our addiction.

I'm new to the timeshare rental option so I'm a bit antsy as our trip is coming right up in May. I found renting-resorts during a search on ebay and the reviews looked good so I went ahead and did the unthinkable. I rented a room off-site! Actually everyone's excited now cuz Bonnet Creek looks beautiful, nicer than anything we've ever stayed in on-site.

How did you find him on TUG? Did you just search the name "renting-resorts?"
Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

He actually contacted me. But if you do a search he will come up. He sounds totally legit. I PM'd him a couple of times on there. I am almost positive he has a FT job and I am not sure if it's shifts or not, so maybe you will hear from him on his day's off, whenever those are.

You will LOVE BC! We were there in March and literally fell in love so much that we booked again for August. It's THAT awesome. My kids are pool kids so it's just perfect for us. OH and we love the grills. DH loves to BBQ so that is a huge perk for us too. Apparently the Publix ribeyes are awesome. Def. try them out!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
tjlamphere
Mouseketeer

BC info

Snowangel - Who did you rent from last month and what was your rate???
tjlamphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
KAA1972
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangel72 View Post
renting-resorts

TIA!
I used this seller from ebay for a trip in January of this year and had no problems. Everything went very smooth. I had tons of paperwork sent to me immediately upon payment. We did opt to purchase the travel insurance from them in case of any type of unexpected cancellation on our part. If you have questions, please feel free to PM me.

KAA1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
snowangel72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlamphere View Post
Snowangel - Who did you rent from last month and what was your rate???
I rented from Ken and Denise and got a great rate, why?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Goofy Mouse
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA1972 View Post
I used this seller from ebay for a trip in January of this year and had no problems. Everything went very smooth. I had tons of paperwork sent to me immediately upon payment. We did opt to purchase the travel insurance from them in case of any type of unexpected cancellation on our part.
Well we finally got our reservation confirmation! Yahoo! We're going to Disney World! It was just somewhat stressful with the lack of communication from the seller, but in the end it all seems to have come out just fine. Interesting how two separate purchases from the same seller can be so different. We didn't receive any paperwork at all and I paid immediately upon purchase. Nor was any travel insurance ever offered.

Everything seems to be all set now and we can't wait to try out Bonnet Creek. It looks beautiful from all the pics I've seen.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:12 AM   #12
Belle5
DIS Veteran

I am encouraged by this feedback of renting-resorts on ebay. I purchased a 4 bedroom presidential through this seller recently. Responses from him have come very quickly, but they are very brief and to the point. I do have the impression someone is, perhaps, at work and unable to give more elaborate responses. I am sure all will go well...

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #13
chuchujew
Earning My Ears

Can you share which seller ( from ebay?) you rent from?
chuchujew is offline   Reply With Quote