Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #1366
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings
 
csmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I know from booking online in the past, when the dates for any particular month opens up for booking and the date is put in a time 1 hour before the scheduled start of Wishes will pop up as available,(regardless of what you may imput, ie anytime,or one of the times listed) also there is usually a time 10 mins and sometimes 20 mins after the first time slot. ie.....If Wishes is scheduled for 8pm times of 7:00, 7:10 or 7:20 might show as being available (the ADRs are staggered, I guess so everyone does not show up at the same time and create a long line to gain entrance?)when the system searches for openings for the day imputed(only one of the times will show up for you to book)

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Thank you. So no matter what time the "reservation" is, the dessert party starts 1 hour before Wishes so we should show up 15-20 minutes before that?
__________________

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #1367
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
Thank you. So no matter what time the "reservation" is, the dessert party starts 1 hour before Wishes so we should show up 15-20 minutes before that?
That is what is reccmmended I believe so that you can line up in the check-in line. Tables are pre-assigned with name cards so it is not a situation where the first in line is going to get an up front seat.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #1368
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings
 
csmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 1,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
That is what is reccmmended I believe so that you can line up in the check-in line. Tables are pre-assigned with name cards so it is not a situation where the first in line is going to get an up front seat.

Great, now I understand it much better. Thank you!

Now if the May ADR's would just open up................
__________________

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
csmommy is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #1369
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
Thank you. So no matter what time the "reservation" is, the dessert party starts 1 hour before Wishes so we should show up 15-20 minutes before that?
If Wishes is at 8, they generally start letting people in around 7:10 PM. The line will wind around the Terrace and a CM will be working the line checking you in. The sooner you get in, the quicker you can attack the buffet, but it's not necessary to be there RIGHT away or early.

Hope that helps!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #1370
tofubeast
DIS Veteran
 
tofubeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S. Florida - 3 hr hop to the World!
Posts: 4,089

I am just subbing so I can remember all this come the fall of this year for our December trip.

But I do have a question!!

Do people sit in their seats during the fireworks or do they all stand up and go against the rail? If they sit, I am more apt to want to do the party because otherwise standing defeats the perk of the party. (i.e. not have a tall person i front of you or being squished etc.)

TIA!
__________________

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"

Last edited by tofubeast; 01-10-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typos
tofubeast is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #1371
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
I am just subbing so I can remember all this come the fall of this year for our December trip.

But I do have a question!!

Do people sit in their seats during the fireworks or do they all stand up and go again the rain? If they sit, I am more apt to want to do the party because otherwise standing defeats the perk of the party. (i.e. not have a tall person i front of you or being squished etc.)

TIA!
In both my experiences people stood at the railing; however it wasn't squished and pretty much everyone had a rail spot.
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #1372
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer
 
tiggergalttfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I know from booking online in the past, when the dates for any particular month opens up for booking and the date is put in a time 1 hour before the scheduled start of Wishes will pop up as available,(regardless of what you may imput, ie anytime,or one of the times listed) also there is usually a time 10 mins and sometimes 20 mins after the first time slot. ie.....If Wishes is scheduled for 8pm times of 7:00, 7:10 or 7:20 might show as being available (the ADRs are staggered, I guess so everyone does not show up at the same time and create a long line to gain entrance?)when the system searches for openings for the day imputed(only one of the times will show up for you to book)

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Thank you that is helpful! I some how thought it was already filled for March so glad to have found this thread and know that it isn't yet. Jumping on band wagon/wait wagon
__________________
mother of 2 great kids and wife to wonderful husband -
Michelle - DH - DS is 7 DD is 5
1st Disney trip March 2012 at All Star Movies and we fell in

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #1373
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,045

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
In both my experiences people stood at the railing; however it wasn't squished and pretty much everyone had a rail spot.
I have read that it is also possible for guests to remain seated and even with the people at the railing had a decent view, I am hopeing our table is positioned that it will be possible to remain seated as standing for any length of time is a problem for both DH and Myself.

__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #1374
lovespekes
Earning My Ears
 
lovespekes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: southeast Texas
Posts: 56

I would think that even if your assigned table didn't have the best view there would be plenty of families that would be willing to let you have their table during the show since they would be at the rail. Or maybe you could move your chairs to a better area for viewing.
__________________
lovespekes is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #1375
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer
 
andersonfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 268

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespekes View Post
I would think that even if your assigned table didn't have the best view there would be plenty of families that would be willing to let you have their table during the show since they would be at the rail. Or maybe you could move your chairs to a better area for viewing.
Just to add on, we had a great table last year, but not such a great view once everyone lined up in front of us. I was able to move my chair around to see. I had to stay sitting since our youngest daughter passed out exactly two minutes before the fire works started.
__________________
2011 Dream 4 Day Cruise
2012 Dream 5 Day Cruise
2013 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5





andersonfamily is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #1376
msdroz
Mouseketeer
 
msdroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 496

I'm starting to reconsider the dessert party... For all of that money, it just seems like a good table/view is circumstantial and I think I'd be pretty disappointed if we spent all that money to have an obstructed view Can anyone tell me the advantage to the dessert party (besides the food) over just getting a seat or stand in the park? ps, we're going in May so I don't know if that changes things..
Thanks!
__________________
Previous Trips:
January 2009- Contemporary
May 2012- Yacht Club
msdroz is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #1377
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,081

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but can you no longer book the dessert party online? I just went to the reservations section of the WDW website, and no longer see it listed. TIA!
CJK is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #1378
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,754

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Can anyone tell me the advantage to the dessert party (besides the food) over just getting a seat or stand in the park? ps, we're going in May so I don't know if that changes things..
Thanks!
You have a great viewing spot of the show and you don't have to get there early for it, and don't have to worry about someone taking your spot.
__________________
LSUfan4444 is online now  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #1379
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
I'm starting to reconsider the dessert party... For all of that money, it just seems like a good table/view is circumstantial and I think I'd be pretty disappointed if we spent all that money to have an obstructed view Can anyone tell me the advantage to the dessert party (besides the food) over just getting a seat or stand in the park? ps, we're going in May so I don't know if that changes things..
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
You have a great viewing spot of the show and you don't have to get there early for it, and don't have to worry about someone taking your spot.

And you get to sit down, you have room to breathe, and it's just plain fun!
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #1380
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer
 
Muddypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 346

My DH really could care less about the fireworks. He is just there for the dessert. The fireworks are for the kids and I. So everybody is happy!
__________________
POR February 2011 POR February 2012 POR February 2013 POR February 2014
Muddypaws is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: