Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #3661
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

I got up around 2:30 this morning (in hospital, difficult to sleep) and checked the thread and was shocked to see December was open. Thank goodness I had my wife leave my debit card with me. I was able to book Christmas Day . Thank you DIS!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #3662
ericar
Mouseketeer

Can't stop

I got the reservation I wanted yesterday but can't stop watching this thread.
I think it might take days to get out of the habit of checking this thread every 5 minutes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #3663
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

I am not going in December but I just went through and randomly checked different dates, including December 25, and they only date that appeared to be full was December 8th. Even Christmas was still showing a 9:00pm reservation time.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #3664
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I made 2 reservations. I will be canceling one and will include it in canceled ADR December thread. We wanted the 12/30 wishes party but apparently there isn't one. So I had to think fast when choosing a different day. I made 1 reservation for 12/28 @ 9:00pm and 1 for 12/25 @ 9:00pm. So excited. We have never done the dessert party before. I am thinking maybe I should have picked 12/24 as that is my husband's birthday. We are eating at 4:00pm at Fulton's Crab House and we have a rental car so that might be a better idea! Ahhh I always rethink my reservations! Now I have to call back lol!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #3665
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
okay so everyone can enter at the same time? what time would that be? fireworks are at 10 and my reservation is at 9 so how early can I arrive? Also, is it too much food to go to dinner before the wishes party? I have a res. for 430 at via napoli...is that too much food?
This week, fireworks were at 9 and they let everyone in at about 7:50. The last time we went, fireworks were at 10 and they let everyone in at 8:30. I think some of it though was this week it was pouring down rain and they had to readjust the tables and clean the tables, chairs and floors.

I will say, within 15 minutes (I went up individually with my ASD son, then for my 2 year old and finally for myself), many things were gone. I do not recommend showing up late (although that does not mean you have to sit in line for an hour prior to opening) if you truly want the best selection. The entire dessert bar, minus ice cream and some gross red drink thing were completely gone this week before the fireworks even started. There was still plenty of selection when I went in May throughout the show last May. You just never know; it depends on who booked your night.

We at at 4:30 PM and it worked out fine. We did eat light, and ate counter service to make sure we could eat light.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #3666
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
This week, fireworks were at 9 and they let everyone in at about 7:50. The last time we went, fireworks were at 10 and they let everyone in at 8:30. I think some of it though was this week it was pouring down rain and they had to readjust the tables and clean the tables, chairs and floors.

I will say, within 15 minutes (I went up individually with my ASD son, then for my 2 year old and finally for myself), many things were gone. I do not recommend showing up late (although that does not mean you have to sit in line for an hour prior to opening) if you truly want the best selection. The entire dessert bar, minus ice cream and some gross red drink thing were completely gone this week before the fireworks even started. There was still plenty of selection when I went in May throughout the show last May. You just never know; it depends on who booked your nightl
We at at 4:30 PM and it worked out fine. We did eat light, and ate counter service to make sure we could eat light.

Thanks for the info! I made reservations for 12/24, 12/25, and 12/28. We wanted 12/30 but apparently there is no wishes party that day. So before the reservations were gone, I chose those 3 days and once I discuss it with my husband, I will cancel 2 out of 3 of them. I promise I will do this ASAP as I am not an ADR hogger. I will post when I canceL.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #3667
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericar View Post
I think it might take days to get out of the habit of checking this thread every 5 minutes.
Oh, I know! I am enjoying seeing each post that says they got what they wanted too! I keep checking just to read all the victory posts and the helpful hints posted by others.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #3668
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
It's guesstimated that the earlier reservation time you have, the better seating you may get.
I just want to be very clear on one thing, even my earlier post sounded a bit confusing.

It is NOT what time your reservation is for (7:00, 7:10, 7:45, etc) that determines your table assignment. The size of your party has ZILCH to do with it either; at our party this week it was almost all large parties (4-10) in the front rows. Many, many 6+ (including us).

What determines your table assignment is the day and time you do the booking of your reservation, no matter what your "seating time" is for, in comparison to when other reservations for your party day are made. And, who knows? Maybe cancellations can bump you up. Cancelling a reservation made previously for a later seating time in favor for an earlier seating time for later-made reservation can put your party back further, not up closer. DO NOT do that!

I've managed to make (by dumb luck the first time) reservations the day they opened. First time, party of 2 in the front row for a late seating time. Second time, party of 6 in the front row for an early-ish seating time (15 minutes in). Each time we were let in as soon as the party opened.

Last edited by rt2dz; 10-04-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #3669
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet View Post
Oh, I know! I am enjoying seeing each post that says they got what they wanted too! I keep checking just to read all the victory posts and the helpful hints posted by others.
LOL! I keep watching it for a friend, and I don't want to lose it for our next trip! Plus, it's nice when you can help someone out with a little information.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #3670
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz
I will say, within 15 minutes (I went up individually with my ASD son, then for my 2 year old and finally for myself), many things were gone. I do not recommend showing up late (although that does not mean you have to sit in line for an hour prior to opening) if you truly want the best selection. The entire dessert bar, minus ice cream and some gross red drink thing were completely gone this week before the fireworks even started. There was still plenty of selection when I went in May throughout the show last May. You just never know; it depends on who booked your night.
This fit with our experience last April. I keep seeing people talk about how the desserts are refilled during the party, and this was not what we had. Probably half the desserts were gone 10-15 minutes in, and then one of the sneeze guards collapsed in a shower of broken glass and what was underneath was thrown away and not replaced. Within 25 minutes there were only two or three items left, and those were half gone. I would hesitate to show up any later than the first seating time, regardless of what you reserved. (Note: This was apparently a very, very bad night for the party, as the collapsed dessert table wasn't the only problem we had, including people moving their tables and chairs to the railing. I resolved to never do it again, but since the really bad experiences seemed in the minority, we did end up booking again this trip, just to give it one last chance.)

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-12 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #3671
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericar View Post
Ha I hear you. I have been tempted a couple of times to check the reservations, but I dont need too. This was the last big thing I have to plan. ...now what??!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #3672
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
I just want to be very clear on one thing, even my earlier post sounded a bit confusing.

It is NOT what time your reservation is for (7:00, 7:10, 7:45, etc) that determines your table assignment. The size of your party has ZILCH to do with it either; at our party this week it was almost all large parties (4-10) in the front rows. Many, many 6+ (including us).

What determines your table assignment is the day and time you do the booking of your reservation, no matter what your "seating time" is for, in comparison to when other reservations for your party day are made. And, who knows? Maybe cancellations can bump you up. Cancelling a reservation made previously for a later seating time in favor for an earlier seating time for later-made reservation can put your party back further, not up closer. DO NOT do that!

I've managed to make (by dumb luck the first time) reservations the day they opened. First time, party of 2 in the front row for a late seating time. Second time, party of 6 in the front row for an early-ish seating time (15 minutes in). Each time we were let in as soon as the party opened.
Thank you for the clarification of this point. I had been stating what was told to me through the boards. I'm appreciative of your input! If you don't mind, i'll post this information on the other Dessert Party Thread that's in my signature.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3673
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieFire View Post
This fit with our experience last April. I keep seeing people talk about how the desserts are refilled during the party, and this was not what we had. Probably half the desserts were gone 10-15 minutes in, and then one of the sneeze guards collapsed in a shower of broken glass and what was underneath was thrown away and not replaced. Within 25 minutes there were only two or three items left, and those were half gone. I would hesitate to show up any later than the first seating time, regardless of what you reserved. (Note: This was apparently a very, very bad night for the party, as the collapsed dessert table wasn't the only problem we had, including people moving their tables and chairs to the railing. I resolved to never do it again, but since the really bad experiences seemed in the minority, we did end up booking again this trip, just to give it one last chance.)
I was told in the past that they don't replenish the desserts...once they're gone, they're gone. Is there anyone going soon that can clarify this point?

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #3674
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

Well I called for December 5 and they told me December 5 and 6 were blacked out? I don't understand why those particular dates would be unavailable?

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012

Last edited by DisneyClown; 10-04-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #3675
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
I was told in the past that they don't replenish the desserts...once they're gone, they're gone. Is there anyone going soon that can clarify this point?
I went on June 17th and when I went up for seconds (hence the 5 lbs I gained while I was at Disney ), they were replenishing the desserts. I can't confirm that's how they do it every night but that's what they were doing the night we went.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: