Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #3631
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
Does anyone know how many people the Dessert Party can seat? How quickly does it normally fill? I know, lots of varibles, but I can't sit at my computer all day Wednesday just hitting the refresh button, so if I miss the opening, how long do you think I'll have?
Did the party this week (here now). I was really trying hard to see if I could count the chairs, but it was too difficult, but it was well over 50! I gave up counting at around 75 and I barely even got through one section of the seating area.

How quickly it fills just depends. There is no set timing to it, but most sell out within a week. But that can also depend on party size. The sooner you book, the better your seats. BUT, that could be front row sells out in an hour or a week later. Just depends on who is booking the date.

ALSO:

We discussed this several pages back about if larger parties are ever in the front row. Well, we were a party of 6 in the front row. The two tables to our right were also parties of 6. To our left was a party of 8 and a party of 10 in the front row. As a matter of fact, almost all the front row was parties of 4+. Just a few tables of 2 and 3.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #3632
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Just got one my third choice...better than nothing

It's amazing how fast this got so popular. Two years ago hardly anyone knew about it. We went Christmas 2010 and they were actually still selling tickets to the 2 we went to that night at the check-in podium in front of the dessert party area. Now...I call a couple hours after they open up December dates and 2 of the 3 days I had targeted were already filled. Amazing!

Best of luck to everyone.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #3633
Lauraswi
Earning My Ears

Talking finally!

after weeks of calling 3 times a day and checking numerous times on line i finally booked Dec 17th for 2!!!!!! I was so excited I ran into the kitchen to get my credit card and I was running back so fast that my arm hit the wall and my beautiful bracelet broke open and all the pieces went flying all over the hallway!!! Add another 50$ for the bracelet onto the price...oh well im too relieved to care. I really hope this will be worth all the effort!

I have only tried to see the fireworks once in MK and a guy with a double stroller and heavy kids on main street ran over my foot and I thought my toe was broke so we had to leave....i really did not like the crowd...and he was really mean!

Is 9:00 an okay time? Will all the deserts be gone by then? Can you arrive early? YAY! I think
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #3634
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi
after weeks of calling 3 times a day and checking numerous times on line i finally booked Dec 17th for 2!!!!!! I was so excited I ran into the kitchen to get my credit card and I was running back so fast that my arm hit the wall and my beautiful bracelet broke open and all the pieces went flying all over the hallway!!! Add another 50$ for the bracelet onto the price...oh well im too relieved to care. I really hope this will be worth all the effort!

I have only tried to see the fireworks once in MK and a guy with a double stroller and heavy kids on main street ran over my foot and I thought my toe was broke so we had to leave....i really did not like the crowd...and he was really mean!

Is 9:00 an okay time? Will all the deserts be gone by then? Can you arrive early? YAY! I think
They better not be!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #3635
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

I called within 10 minutes of it opening and got 720 on a night with an 8 pm fireworks. Got to thinking this was odd so just went online and changed for 7 pm on same night. I thought from reading here that the earlier the better so I am happy to get 7 pm!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #3636
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet
I called within 10 minutes of it opening and got 720 on a night with an 8 pm fireworks. Got to thinking this was odd so just went online and changed for 7 pm on same night. I thought from reading here that the earlier the better so I am happy to get 7 pm!
That makes me happier, our night wishes is at 10 and our resize is 9

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #3637
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Note:

It's the early you book the better your table. The actual time has NOTHING to do with anything. No matter what time slot you have, everyone is allowed to enter at the same time. Your table will be pre-assigned based on when you book (not the time you book for). DO NOT cancel an later time reservation to get an earlier time slot. You will be working in reverse.

How big your party size is has nothing to do with it either!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #3638
hollydolly08
Mouseketeer

Thank you Disney & Dessert lovers!

I've been stalking this thread waiting for Dec. to open so I could reserve the 19th Got it reserved for my party of 5

DLR - 2006
DLR - 2007
CBR - Feb. 2009
CBR - March 2010
PORFQ - Dec. 2010
CBR - Dec. 2011
AOA CarsFS -Dec. 2012
Old 10-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #3639
Lauraswi
Earning My Ears

okay so everyone can enter at the same time? what time would that be? fireworks are at 10 and my reservation is at 9 so how early can I arrive? Also, is it too much food to go to dinner before the wishes party? I have a res. for 430 at via napoli...is that too much food?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #3640
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I got tickets for Dec 17!

Thought I about had a heart attack first! I booked my trips thru Dreams Unlimited, so my travel agent knew I wanted the tickets. Disney just ran the card number I had on file, which is my debit card. I have been throwing just about everything into savings, so the purchase would have put me into the negative. Luckily the bank was closed so it only showed on my account as a pending transaction (gotta love on-line banking!). I was able to transfer money back to my checking account to cover the purchase, with no harm done!

Geeze. I thought they would do what they normally do and have me tell them my credit card info. I didn't think they would just use the numbers I gave them when I purchased my MvmcP tickets! Lesson learned!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #3641
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
okay so everyone can enter at the same time? what time would that be? fireworks are at 10 and my reservation is at 9 so how early can I arrive? Also, is it too much food to go to dinner before the wishes party? I have a res. for 430 at via napoli...is that too much food?
When I went in the past, they let us in about an hour before Wishes. If you go much earlier you will just be lined up with everyone else. Tables are assigned with your family's last name on the table. I would recommend eating an early dinner or a kid's sized meal. There is a lot to eat there and usually my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #3642
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Wow! I said yesterday we weren't going to book the DP and you guys made me change my mind.

I booked Dec 12th for 7pm not more than an hour ago....so just for fun I tried to see if I could book the same night for a different time....and it looks like the 12th is sold out.

I guess that means our table will be in the very back corner, next to the kitchen.......hey.....wait a minute. That wouldn't be so bad
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #3643
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
I would recommend eating a late lunch. When we went in June we ate a very late lunch (approx. 2pm), at Peco's Bills. It was perfect. We were hungry by the time we got to the DP.
1986 - Off-Site; 1997 - Thanksgiving - Polynesian; 2001 - Christmas - All Star Sports; 2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 2014 - Christmas - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #3644
roxannensteve
DIS Veteran

Yay! Dec. 1

Was able to get Dec. 1 for 4!!!

Dec '07 PTR/TRDec '08 TR
May '09 TR

November 2012 PTR
numerous other times, no PTR/TR

Been there, Done that, Going again
Old 10-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #3645
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Booked the December 8th. for 3. Wishes is at 10pm. The 9pm reservation came up so it should be a good table.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: