Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #3511
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

Looks like not happening today. Don't they close soon on the east coast?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #3512
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
November opened on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend at 6pm EST. It can be any time.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #3513
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest

That means we have another two hours or so to wait. We shall see.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #3514
jasontovey
Earned My Ears @ Traditions :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
Don't call; do it online. It's faster.*

*Unless anybody knows a good reason it's better to call.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #3515
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontovey View Post
Don't call; do it online. It's faster.*

*Unless anybody knows a good reason it's better to call.
Love the disclaimer.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3516
jasontovey
Earned My Ears @ Traditions :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Love the disclaimer.
If there's one thing I don't need, it's Disney Moms being mad at me.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #3517
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

well, it looks like it could be days away yet....last Dec (according to the chart on the first page of this thread) didn't open until Oct 4, and several times this year it has been a few days (and up to a couple weeks!!!) in the 60 day window!

UUUGGGGHHHH...I sure hope that's not the case this time!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #3518
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic

Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #3519
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.
We're looking for a party of 8... We had 6 last time with no issues but it was a MVMCP night.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #3520
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #3521
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up.
HA! You should have asked if he planned on paying for your airfare and room charge for that night in November.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #3522
EeyoreJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
That is too funny!! at least you know if you want to change your entire vacation around there's availability in November lol
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #3523
MSaboCLBR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
I did a party with 30 people last December, so 6 should not be a problem
Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #3524
Lauraswi
Earning My Ears

I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #3525
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?
My experiences after calling 6 times in the last three days: I've been given some conflicting information too but mostly about whether or not I can book online once December is available. One said no, five others have said yes. I heard November is not even open yet from one CM, but no one else has mentioned it (I had not even asked about November).

One thing I have been consistently told is that December has not opened yet. And consistently, no one will even predict which day it will, let alone what time of day. I'm home now and have taken to looking only once per hour, it sure is hard waiting!

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: