Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #3511
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest
 
rapunzel21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 79

Looks like not happening today. Don't they close soon on the east coast?
__________________
]
rapunzel21 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #3512
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
Looks like not happening today. Don't they close soon on the east coast?
November opened on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend at 6pm EST. It can be any time.
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR


Valgoof is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #3513
rapunzel21
Nothing of interest
 
rapunzel21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 79

That means we have another two hours or so to wait. We shall see.
__________________
]
rapunzel21 is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #3514
jasontovey
Earned My Ears @ Traditions :D
 
jasontovey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel21 View Post
Looks like not happening today. Don't they close soon on the east coast?
Don't call; do it online. It's faster.*


*Unless anybody knows a good reason it's better to call.
jasontovey is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #3515
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontovey View Post
Don't call; do it online. It's faster.*


*Unless anybody knows a good reason it's better to call.
Love the disclaimer.
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR


Valgoof is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #3516
jasontovey
Earned My Ears @ Traditions :D
 
jasontovey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Love the disclaimer.
If there's one thing I don't need, it's Disney Moms being mad at me.
jasontovey is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #3517
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic
 
jlundeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 111

well, it looks like it could be days away yet....last Dec (according to the chart on the first page of this thread) didn't open until Oct 4, and several times this year it has been a few days (and up to a couple weeks!!!) in the 60 day window!

UUUGGGGHHHH...I sure hope that's not the case this time!
__________________
jlundeen is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #3518
jlundeen
Mickey Fanatic
 
jlundeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 111

Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.
__________________
jlundeen is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #3519
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran
 
BubMunkeyBles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wasilla, AK
Posts: 1,055

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.
We're looking for a party of 8... We had 6 last time with no issues but it was a MVMCP night.
__________________
Stephanie (28) Ovarian Cancer SurvivorDH (35) DD (5) DS (3)

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #3520
Valgoof
DIS Veteran
 
Valgoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 2,082

I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up.
__________________
Me DH

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR


Valgoof is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #3521
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyDreamerMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up.
HA! You should have asked if he planned on paying for your airfare and room charge for that night in November.
__________________
~Jamie

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
DisneyDreamerMN is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #3522
EeyoreJen
Mouseketeer
 
EeyoreJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof
I called on my way home from work. The CM said no for December and then says, let me check on November. Ummm...a) I know November is open and b) how does that help me?? So he comes back with a date in November with an opening. I said ok thanks and hung up.
That is too funny!! at least you know if you want to change your entire vacation around there's availability in November lol
__________________
EeyoreJen is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #3523
MSaboCLBR
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlundeen View Post
Has anyone been successful in the past getting reservations for a larger sized party? We are 6 adults - so I'm hoping that won't mess me up when it does finally open up.
I did a party with 30 people last December, so 6 should not be a problem
MSaboCLBR is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #3524
Lauraswi
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14

I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?
Lauraswi is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #3525
MarineVet
Mouseketeer
 
MarineVet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraswi View Post
I seem to get a different answer from each person I talk to. I was told recently that November wasn't open yet but a week earlier I was told by someone else that November 16 already had 8 people booked and another date in November had 20 people booked. About a week ago, I was told that December 15th was completely booked. I told her I really couldn't believe that because I had called everyday and they had been telling me that December hadn't even opened yet. She was very sure that it was booked. She told me to keep trying for that day because you never know...someone may cancel. The person I talked to today said that nothing in December has been booked. One day someone told me that they may not even be open in December at all. Another day I was told that it will only be open on weekends in December. Tonight after I told the person the date I wanted in December, she asked for my name, address and phone number and how many in party so I got really excited thinking I had a res. since they had never asked for all that info before...but nothing. What is the deal with all the inconsistencies?
My experiences after calling 6 times in the last three days: I've been given some conflicting information too but mostly about whether or not I can book online once December is available. One said no, five others have said yes. I heard November is not even open yet from one CM, but no one else has mentioned it (I had not even asked about November).

One thing I have been consistently told is that December has not opened yet. And consistently, no one will even predict which day it will, let alone what time of day. I'm home now and have taken to looking only once per hour, it sure is hard waiting!
__________________
Me 53 DH 53 DS 27 (in the Navy) DD 23
MarineVet is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: