Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #3286
Hedley
Earning My Ears

It is not a free for all. It is assigned seating, your party's name will be taped to the table. At least that's how it was when I was there in April.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #3287
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley
It is not a free for all. It is assigned seating, your party's name will be taped to the table. At least that's how it was when I was there in April.
Thanks so much!! That eases my anxiety over it! :D
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #3288
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara
I had heard that you need to be there very early, because once they open the doors it's a crazy free for all to get the best tables... So is that not true? Do they seat people at specific tables? I hope it's not a free for all, that freaks me right out lol. Hoping to go to my first dessert party this December!
It is assigned seating and each table has a card with that family's name on it. I went on July 4 and each table had a sparkly centerpiece with a personalized table card that said, "Independence Day 2012 The (family) Party. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom Park" It was a great souvenir!

Also, people were lined up outside the host podium at least :30 mins before they began seating anyone. It was not necessary but we didn't know at the time. They replenished the desserts often. They will give you a wristband so you can leave and return.

I hope you get an ADR - this was definitely money well spent as much for the view as it was for the sweets, IMO.
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 09-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #3289
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda View Post
It is assigned seating and each table has a card with that family's name on it. I went on July 4 and each table had a sparkly centerpiece with a personalized table card that said, "Independence Day 2012 The (family) Party. Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom Park" It was a great souvenir!

Also, people were lined up outside the host podium at least :30 mins before they began seating anyone. It was not necessary but we didn't know at the time. They replenished the desserts often. They will give you a wristband so you can leave and return.

I hope you get an ADR - this was definitely money well spent as much for the view as it was for the sweets, IMO.
Agreed.

Seats are assigned. People line up early but you don't need to do that. There is plenty of time and they replenish. It's definately wonderful!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #3290
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, there will be scattered reservation times. A 9pm wishes for example had times of 7:00 and 7:20, etc. The main thing is that regardless of you specific time, they will let everyone with a reservation in at the same time. Theory is however, that the earlier reservation time = a better spot. Who knows if that is true though
No it doesn't. 7:00 reservations are only for 8:00 Wishes. It's an hour before show (I think 50 minutes if you want to be technical.) I've done this several times. If Wishes is scheduled at 9:00 and you show up at 7:00, there won't be anyone there. They set up right before they open.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #3291
cyndiella
959 miles from Disney World... as the plane flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBeth2012 View Post
DH and I are going on the 3rd! So excited! It'll be our 1st time too!
We'll have to say hello when we get there! I'll be wearing my "Goofy for Disney" t-shirt ... probably...
Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #3292
mccreel
Mouseketeer

I have a question. The only time available when I checked for our party is 9:00. That night the parade is at 9 and fireworks at 10. If we want to watch the parade can we watch it then show up even though it would put us past 9? May-be go by and tell them we are here and will come back when parade is over? How would that work?
Thanks,
Melissa
Old 09-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #3293
RhettsMom
HAKUNA MATATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
No it doesn't. 7:00 reservations are only for 8:00 Wishes. It's an hour before show (I think 50 minutes if you want to be technical.) I've done this several times. If Wishes is scheduled at 9:00 and you show up at 7:00, there won't be anyone there. They set up right before they open.
OK, really not trying to get into an argument here. I am simply saying that there are in fact different reservation times. I too, have done the party multiple times, and just booked for November last night. Wishes is 8pm on my date (I typed a 9 by accident while posting from my phone - sorry.

I was just trying to reassure another poster that while she may have a later "reservation time" everyone is allowed to enter the party at the same time. Approx. an hour before the start of Wishes.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #3294
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccreel View Post
I have a question. The only time available when I checked for our party is 9:00. That night the parade is at 9 and fireworks at 10. If we want to watch the parade can we watch it then show up even though it would put us past 9? May-be go by and tell them we are here and will come back when parade is over? How would that work?
Thanks,
Melissa
You can arrive at any time from opening of the Dessert Party till it's close. They will give you wrist bands so you can go in and out of the party location.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #3295
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettsMom View Post
I am begining to wonder how quickly the website updates available number of seats. It looks like there are at least 21 people booked for 11/11, yet I can still make a reservation online for 36 people, same number as I could immediately after I made my real reservation for a party of 5. It looks like there are at least two parties of 5, one party of 7, and two other tables booked (Didnt say how many people), so how is this possible?
How can you see how many tables are booked?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #3296
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4disney View Post
Got my ressie for 5 on 28 Nov! Yippee! All my bookings done and so looking forward to our trip!
Interesting. This was over an hour after I got "no availability" for the 28th. Calling WDW-DINE now.....

Old 09-03-2012, 02:58 PM   #3297
dfin
Earning My Ears

How long after wishes do they stop serving the desserts, I was hoping to hang around to miss the mad exit from the park
Old 09-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #3298
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesota2002 View Post
Lisa,

I just checked online and there is a table for 4 available on Nov. 28. Maybe you could book now and adjust the reservation later.

Minniesota2002
I checked again this morning after I saw someone had booked an hour after me. No party of 1, no party of two, but lo and behold, party of 3! Called WDW Dine and the CM said his system showed NO PARTY on the 28th?! So I told him I was looking at a reservation available for a party of 3 at 7:20. Asked if I booked it, could he modify to party of 1. He said yes and stayed on the phone with me. AND IT'S DONE! Party of 1 for Nov 28th at 7:20! WOO HOO! Hunter at WDW Dining is MY HERO!

Last edited by LisaCat; 09-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #3299
RhettsMom
HAKUNA MATATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
How can you see how many tables are booked?
I was just taking a guess at the total number of people booked before I booked plus my table by seeing who posted here and the November group on FB that they had booked on the same day as me. It was only a guess to try and figure out how early I was in terms of booking my table. Also, the website allows you to book for up to 50 ppl, but someone stated the area actually can hold up to 160 people.

So basically, my guess may be way off!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #3300
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
I had heard that you need to be there very early, because once they open the doors it's a crazy free for all to get the best tables... So is that not true? Do they seat people at specific tables? I hope it's not a free for all, that freaks me right out lol. Hoping to go to my first dessert party this December!
the tables will have your las name on them already and they show you to your tables

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: