Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #3031
Brandilovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I may be wrong but I remember Wishes always being on the opposite nights of the MNSSHP and MVMCP. We went to both last year and the Terrace was closed for both parties I attended.

Disneyland 1983 (off property), Disneyworld 1992 (off property), Disneyworld 2003 (off property), ASMo September, 2010, POFQ November 2011, planning Disneymoon - May 2016 - Star Wars Weekends

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"
~Walt Disney~
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #3032
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcpl View Post
You have your tickets to MNNSHP or to The Wishes Dessert Party during MNSSHP?

I just called and spoke with another CM who said Wishes Dessert Party is not available during MNSSHP nights. I never knew this was the case and I know CMs aren't always accurate. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks!
You do not get tickets to the dessert; it's a pre-paid event but just a reservation.

Right now, Disney does not have any dates open for the Halloween party. They are all grayed out. Last year, they did hold the dessert party on the same nights as the Halloween party. I believe, the Halloween party dates for the dessert party were opened later. It could happen this year. It might not. I'm not sure it was every Halloween party. I just heard reports (on this thread) that it was done.

I would book something else if you want to attend, and then cancel after you book the night you'd prefer if Disney opens the dessert party for the same nights as the Halloween party.

I'm not sure I'd want to attend on the night of the Halloween party. The Halloween party is a different event, isn't cheap, and the dessert party would eat into quite a bit of that time. I'd rather enjoy the shorter rides, special parade, meet rare-ish characters, and go trick-or-treating.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #3033
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerina View Post
Unbelivable, just checked 2 quest at 10/22 but they are gone, could only enter 3...so strange, and I'm so glad I made the ressie last night.
I just got the 3 of us in on the 22nd too! Can't wait!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #3034
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk View Post
Just to clarify Spectro Magic is not running, the night time parade is the Main Street Elec parade. But you can do the parade and the dessert party. We stand over by the Plaza Ice Cream shop and watch the parade from there. Then once the parade is over we just go over to the Dessert Party.
Thanks! I guess we'll check in just before 8 and then walk out to enjoy the parade?
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 08-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #3035
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
You do not get tickets to the dessert; it's a pre-paid event but just a reservation.

Right now, Disney does not have any dates open for the Halloween party. They are all grayed out. Last year, they did hold the dessert party on the same nights as the Halloween party. I believe, the Halloween party dates for the dessert party were opened later. It could happen this year. It might not. I'm not sure it was every Halloween party. I just heard reports (on this thread) that it was done.

I would book something else if you want to attend, and then cancel after you book the night you'd prefer if Disney opens the dessert party for the same nights as the Halloween party.

I'm not sure I'd want to attend on the night of the Halloween party. The Halloween party is a different event, isn't cheap, and the dessert party would eat into quite a bit of that time. I'd rather enjoy the shorter rides, special parade, meet rare-ish characters, and go trick-or-treating.
Thanks for the clarification. I was hoping that was the case and our date didn't sell out that quickly. I know when we went to the party in 2009 we did the the Wishes Dessert Party. We have also done the party for the past two MVMCP's. So I assumed they would still have the dessert party during MNSSHP. I guess we just have to wait till they open.

There really isnt anything else that we would like to book. 10/30 is our anniversary and I am really trying to reserve Wishes that day. If we can't pull off the Wishes Party we will probably blow of the MK and do something a little more romantic.

Thanks again!
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
February 2014 - Bay Lake Towers/Hard Rock Hotel (First Universal Stay)
October 2014 - Disneyland Hotel Paris (First International Disney)
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #3036
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! Got 2 for October 15th, our anniversary! Is seating first come first serve or assigned?
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Old 08-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #3037
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
Woohoo! Got 2 for October 15th, our anniversary! Is seating first come first serve or assigned?
It is assigned. But even if you get a seat further back about 5 minutes before the show everyone walks over to the banister and stands there while Wishes is performed. So you will be good!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #3038
Pangela
Mouseketeer

We booked last night for 3 on Oct. 3. I am so excited. It was our last reservation to make and it's the perfect end to our daughter's birthday. Now just wating for the next 2 months to go by.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #3039
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea464 View Post
Fingers crossed I will see you there !!I just called the TA as she has to make the ressies as this is a Trip with DEV. Disabled . I just got off the phone with her sooooo I am really keeping fingers crossed!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #3040
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Fingers crossed I will see you there !!I just called the TA as she has to make the ressies as this is a Trip with DEV. Disabled . I just got off the phone with her sooooo I am really keeping fingers crossed!!
Rosie hope you get your tickets!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #3041
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcpl View Post
It is assigned. But even if you get a seat further back about 5 minutes before the show everyone walks over to the banister and stands there while Wishes is performed. So you will be good!
I've been to the party twice now, both times as a party of two sitting in the front. Although the CMs told everyone they could stand, nobody ever did.

Maybe I just had two odd experiences but just thought I'd share my two cents
Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #3042
PAcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
I've been to the party twice now, both times as a party of two sitting in the front. Although the CMs told everyone they could stand, nobody ever did.

Funny you say that, we are always a party of two and have always gotten the front table regardless of when I booked. But we have never been to a party where nobody got up to stand. Not a big deal, I am usually taking pictures so I am better off standing anyway.

I know back by the desserts and under where Tink lands nobody really stands. But every time we have been in the front and center people have always stood up.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #3043
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post

Same here, and we've gone three times. All three times we were in the front, and only once did anyone stand at the railing (although quite a few kids did this past time.)
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 08-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #3044
MandM22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangela View Post
We booked last night for 3 on Oct. 3. I am so excited. It was our last reservation to make and it's the perfect end to our daughter's birthday. Now just wating for the next 2 months to go by.
How did you make the reservations? I have been checking every day and no October... I just called and was told my date 10/1 was already full... How did I miss them opening up the reservations? Did you call or go online?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #3045
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
Lol right! You will be REALLY easy to pick out I will be the mom with the DD and DS.
LOL well hopefully we will all be in the front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk View Post
I got us booked for Oct the 1st. I was going to go on Oct 3rd but then decided against it. We are going to do MNSSHP on the 4th, our last night. Oct 1st is our first full day, so we do something special at the beginning of our trip and then at the end of our trip. I am getting soooo excited
See ya there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
I think they meant the dessert party spots on the night of MNSSHP, if Disney even holds the party on those nights. Last year (I believe) they open up the dessert party to be held the same night as the Halloween/Christmas parties.

I wonder, how does that effect your Halloween/Christmas party experience. Does it eat up too much time of the hard-ticketed event?
I found the dessert party during MVMCP really ate up a lot of party time and wouldn't do it again

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: