Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #2851
immortalxkiss
BOG Needed: November 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda View Post
We were there on the 4th as well. I think we were table no. 4, as the hostess was counting off when she walked us to our table. I completely agree that it was money well spent, especially on such a crowded and long day! Loved the personalized centerpieces. But the best part was being told by the hostess that we could sit there for as long as we wanted, even after last call. We stayed to watch the electrical parade and Magic, Memories and You. I would absolutely recommend the dessert party.
We left the park just as the electrical parade had started..was a super long day! We got to the park around 8:40am, so we were ready to go. The longest wait we had was the bus back to the Waldorf.. lol.. but that was no problem, was just glad we got to do all the rides we wanted and not wait hours to do them
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #2852
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I had to cancel our Aug trip because my mother in law is sick and was put on hospice. We will now be going out to visit her in Oregon to help take care of her things and allow the children to say good bye. If anyone was looking for the party on Aug 26 we had a reservation of 6 that I just canceled. So more space will now be available.
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The same thing happened to us last year.

*hugs*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #2853
immortalxkiss

Is this link viewable to my pictures?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=cd834f7a14
Old 07-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #2854
modmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalxkiss View Post

Looks like a fun trip! The Wishes dessert buffet looks reallllllly small - please tell me this was just part of it? What's your review? Was it worth the $$$?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #2855
ParkesDisney
Earning My Ears

The dessert buffet isn't huge...but don't forget that there are only 50 people at the party, all with various arrival times. My son and I were there during Canadian March Break this year and there was never a line up (and we went up multiple times).
Old 07-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #2856
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Wow, I had no idea it was a max of 50 people.....with 6 in our party I hope we can get tickets.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #2857
immortalxkiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmama View Post
Looks like a fun trip! The Wishes dessert buffet looks reallllllly small - please tell me this was just part of it? What's your review? Was it worth the $$$?

I did not take pictures of it all ..just some random things around the area that looked good. They also had an ice cream station set up, with toppings and such but yeah, it's not massive ..but definitely enough desserts to satisfy.

The view alone was worth the money. It was amazing!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #2858
rcroke
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Love your St. Augustine pictures! I used to live there, right near the Presbyterian Church that you took photos of! I miss that place!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #2859
immortalxkiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcroke View Post
Love your St. Augustine pictures! I used to live there, right near the Presbyterian Church that you took photos of! I miss that place!
I actually live in Jacksonville ..and St. Augustine is one of my favorite places!! I love that church; it's beautiful :D
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #2860
rcroke
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalxkiss

I actually live in Jacksonville ..and St. Augustine is one of my favorite places!! I love that church; it's beautiful :D
My husband and I hope to move back one day. He'd love to transfer to Jacksonville.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #2861
nobellybutton
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say called this morning & O know there was still space available for August 4 for wishes dessert party. I'm so excited cuz we got a reservation 1st time I called & it's only 2wks away!!! Woooohooo! Good luck
Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #2862
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The view alone was worth the money. It was amazing!
This was our reason for booking it over and above the desserts. We loved the view and the fact that we could breathe and not be plastered against strangers.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #2863
maganda
Mrs. Mike Wazowski

We loved the dessert party and highly recommend it primarily for the intimate setting. I can't tell you how nice it was to sit at a reserved table and watch the fireworks away from the crowds. The desserts were fine - bite size portions so you can sample a few things, but they weren't the main draw for us. There were around 15 different sweets plus fresh fruit and ice cream with sundae toppings, and the food was replenished often.
Almost everyone stood at the railing so I don't know if this blocks the view for those who opt to stay at their table. And from what I remember larger parties were seated near the back. Our party of four had a table in the front next to parties of 2, 3 and 4.
There was a photopass photog there and we took pics during daylight and after sunset.
Star Wars Weekend
Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland (19.3)
2014 adventures:
Marathon Weekend (26.2)
Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour day
Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #2864
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maganda View Post
We loved the dessert party and highly recommend it primarily for the intimate setting. I can't tell you how nice it was to sit at a reserved table and watch the fireworks away from the crowds. The desserts were fine - bite size portions so you can sample a few things, but they weren't the main draw for us. There were around 15 different sweets plus fresh fruit and ice cream with sundae toppings, and the food was replenished often.
Almost everyone stood at the railing so I don't know if this blocks the view for those who opt to stay at their table. And from what I remember larger parties were seated near the back. Our party of four had a table in the front next to parties of 2, 3 and 4.
There was a photopass photog there and we took pics during daylight and after sunset.
We had virtually the same experience. We did opt to stay at out table in the front. No one really bothered going in front of us, because my dd had turned her chair around and was sitting there. It was fantastic.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #2865
immortalxkiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
We had virtually the same experience. We did opt to stay at out table in the front. No one really bothered going in front of us, because my dd had turned her chair around and was sitting there. It was fantastic.
We did move to the railing as we wanted to take pictures and video ..but I'm sure almost anyone sitting would have seen just fine. It's an amazing view :D So thankful we found out about this; it was an awesome celebration for the 4th!
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: