Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #2821
fatdaddy68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
What you are saying is correct, it is an easy way to keep a head count. Many have been trying to see how full their night is so, a list simplfies things. Apparently some people get offended if you use "their" thread for anything other than what they would use it for.
Amen....If I was deciding between 2 nights and I saw one night had 40 people already signed up and the other night had 6 people signed up then thats a no brainer to me. I understand not everyone going is on the disboards but its a help no less.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #2822
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy68

Amen....If I was deciding between 2 nights and I saw one night had 40 people already signed up and the other night had 6 people signed up then thats a no brainer to me. I understand not everyone going is on the disboards but its a help no less.
The Dessert Party is very limited seating and does sell out for most nights very quickly. Even a full Tomorrowland Terrace is better than fighting the crowds in front of the castle or holding your spot for an hour or more only to have someone push in front of you. I can see the point of wanting to go on a less crowded night but more than likely your party night will end up being sold out even if you do switch early on to a less popular night

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #2823
fatdaddy68
Mouseketeer

yes but from what I read the earlier you book the better seat you get so if you can book a less crowded day to start the better your seats might be. Unless I am totally wrong about the seat process???
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #2824
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

I'm looking forward to attending in October. And no, I'm not crabby. I can understand where sjs is coming from.

Come on October!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #2825
Tink313
Mouseketeer

Just booked for Sept 2
Party of 5
Thank You Guys so much
The last time I check was Tuesday morning. Disney is so sneaky

How do you guys figure out how many seats are left
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #2826
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy68 View Post
yes but from what I read the earlier you book the better seat you get so if you can book a less crowded day to start the better your seats might be. Unless I am totally wrong about the seat process???
I have to wonder though how important seating place is since most get up to stand along the rail which means to see well you can not stay seated anyway

Being a party of 2 from what I have read those tables are nearest the railing and personally I would rather have a table near the buffet if it means when the Fireworks start I am going to have people come stand in front of me.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #2827
fatdaddy68
Mouseketeer

We have seen the fireworks plenty of times for me its more about the experience and the desserts lol I made the reservation for the 16th because a friend of mine from facebook is doing it that night so its more about socializing thn the fireworks. I just didn't want to be trapped all the way in the back.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #2828
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You aren't. At least not according to what the CM told me last time, when I asked how we got lucky enough to be at the railing. He said we must have booked very early. FYI, we were not a party of 2.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #2829
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Email confirmation?

I still haven't received an email confirmation for my reservation on 9/15. I just called and was told if you make dining reservations over the phone you don't get an email. That was for online dining reservations only. She told me she had no way to send me one. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #2830
fatdaddy68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
I still haven't received an email confirmation for my reservation on 9/15. I just called and was told if you make dining reservations over the phone you don't get an email. That was for online dining reservations only. She told me she had no way to send me one. Has anyone else had this happen?
I made my reservations over the phone I never got an email either, but when I go onto disney's website and go under parks and travel I can sign in and see all my reservations and the wishes dessert came up on there.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #2831
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Based on the three times we've gone, and numerous posts on here, the time/date you book does have an affect on where your table will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I have to wonder though how important seating place is since most get up to stand along the rail which means to see well you can not stay seated anyway

Being a party of 2 from what I have read those tables are nearest the railing and personally I would rather have a table near the buffet if it means when the Fireworks start I am going to have people come stand in front of me.
Our table was for 4 and we were near the railing. There were also 2 tables to our right that were for 6, so your party size doesn't seem to matter. We have gone when people stood in front of us, and you can still see perfectly from your table (if you're in the front.) We, personally, liked that we could sit and continue to gradually enjoy the buffet and watch the fireworks instead of feeling rushed so we could go stake out our spot at the railing and then have to stand to watch.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #2832
tambam500
Mouseketeer

I had a party of 7 last year and we were in the front by the railing right were tinkerbell flies over. We were so close to the railing that no one could come in front of us and watch. I did book very early. Now come on Nov!!! I prob still have two months to wait but i'll be one of the first since i stalk this thread!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #2833
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I see October dates on the calendar (online booking) but it says no times found. Does that mean that the October dates are open and already full?

Old 07-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #2834
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I see October dates on the calendar (online booking) but it says no times found. Does that mean that the October dates are open and already full?
NO. That means those are the dates they will book when it opens. It just says no times found because the slots haven't opened for booking. Just go to thread tools and click subscribe for this thread. When it opens, someone will post. Keep checking throughout the day--seems to load in the afternoons--to see if you are the one who will book first and let everyone else know it is open.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #2835
tambam500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
No you are ok. Oct hasnt opened up yet. Keep an eye out here you u will know when they become available.

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: