Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #2716
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
We were there at the end of May. We got in line (was already starting to get long and we finished everything else we wanted to do) at 8:20 PM. Official seating was at 9 PM with fireworks starting at 10 PM. They started seating at about 8:30 PM--30 minutes "early." I had read elsewhere (not on the Dis) that seating would probably start 15-30 minutes early, depending on line size.
Were the desserts out and available that early? That part would be nice

But then, if you arrived for the "official" starting time at 9pm, were they replinishing the desserts or were they out of some things by then
That part wouldn't be so great if you arrived at 9pm.

TIA

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 06-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #2717
rt2dz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Were the desserts out and available that early? That part would be nice

But then, if you arrived for the "official" starting time at 9pm, were they replinishing the desserts or were they out of some things by then
That part wouldn't be so great if you arrived at 9pm.

TIA
Yes. All the desserts were out and ready.

At our party, they probably started running out of some of the desserts at about 9:00-9:15. No doubt about it. BUT, 75% of the people were there by then.

One thing to remember is, when they run out of one dessert, they replace it with something completely different. So, if you don't grab something right away to try it, you might miss it--there is p-l-e-n-t-y of everything though. But if you fill up and grab everything you want on the first trip, you might be unable (full/sugared up) to try something equally or more appealing later. We were victims of the latter. When we go in October (hopefully), I'll know to pace myself.

They never ran out of desserts, not even at the end, but the choices did go down towards the end. At our party (and it will vary by who is at which party), there was always plenty of fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. Lots of cookies too. The ice cream never ran out, but the toppings dwindled at the end--much to the disappointment of my son. The drinks remained constant and full--they ran out of nothing there.

Personally, I plan on being early again. I liked being able to get great pictures in front of the castle before there was a line (or anyone in the background). I liked seeing what all the choices were, but I'll go slower (and I know what I don't like now too). I like being completely done before the show so that we truly get to enjoy the show. It's not like waiting in crowds to see the parades/fireworks. It's relaxed and enjoyable. It's quality time enjoying your family--very nice down time. No one is pushing. You aren't "guarding" your spot. You aren't basically doing nothing. No one is trying to get you to buy over-priced junk for your kids. And the snacks are already paid for.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #2718
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt2dz View Post
Yes. All the desserts were out and ready.

At our party, they probably started running out of some of the desserts at about 9:00-9:15. No doubt about it. BUT, 75% of the people were there by then.

One thing to remember is, when they run out of one dessert, they replace it with something completely different. So, if you don't grab something right away to try it, you might miss it--there is p-l-e-n-t-y of everything though. But if you fill up and grab everything you want on the first trip, you might be unable (full/sugared up) to try something equally or more appealing later. We were victims of the latter. When we go in October (hopefully), I'll know to pace myself.

They never ran out of desserts, not even at the end, but the choices did go down towards the end. At our party (and it will vary by who is at which party), there was always plenty of fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. Lots of cookies too. The ice cream never ran out, but the toppings dwindled at the end--much to the disappointment of my son. The drinks remained constant and full--they ran out of nothing there.

Personally, I plan on being early again. I liked being able to get great pictures in front of the castle before there was a line (or anyone in the background). I liked seeing what all the choices were, but I'll go slower (and I know what I don't like now too). I like being completely done before the show so that we truly get to enjoy the show. It's not like waiting in crowds to see the parades/fireworks. It's relaxed and enjoyable. It's quality time enjoying your family--very nice down time. No one is pushing. You aren't "guarding" your spot. You aren't basically doing nothing. No one is trying to get you to buy over-priced junk for your kids. And the snacks are already paid for.
Thanks for all the tips I'm soooo excited for our first dessert party in August

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #2719
PrincessKimmy
Mouseketeer

Coooommmmme On SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

I am starting to get into check every few hours mode.

Anyone got any predictions for when it will open. I figure it could open anytime between now and like the middle of the month.... boo

97/DL, 98/DL, 00/AKL, 12/ASmu

Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #2720
tambam500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKimmy View Post
Coooommmmme On SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

I am starting to get into check every few hours mode.

Anyone got any predictions for when it will open. I figure it could open anytime between now and like the middle of the month.... boo
If you look at the first post it has the historic dates. Sept. 2011.. Wed 7/13 except for Sunday dates which were released at later date

I'll be waiting for a while since i'm looking for Nov.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #2721
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

I spoke to a CM yesterday that told me there is no such thing as a Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party (the official name on WDW's website) nor a Wishes Dessert Party. He said Tomorrowland Terrace is just a seasonal restaurant. What have we all been thinking, we are quite a creative group to make up a dining event lol.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #2722
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
I spoke to a CM yesterday that told me there is no such thing as a Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party (the official name on WDW's website) nor a Wishes Dessert Party. He said Tomorrowland Terrace is just a seasonal restaurant. What have we all been thinking, we are quite a creative group to make up a dining event lol.
You have to admire the rigorous training CMs at CRO are put through to have such knowledge.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 06-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #2723
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, they have always been clueless about this party. The first year, they actually booked me for the wrong thing-luckily the Dis straightened me out so I could call back and fix it.

I feel for the poor folks who call up asking for this and are turned down because the CM's don't have the information. THis is why I book online now.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Old 06-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #2724
PrincessKimmy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I cant believe we made it all up! I am so dissapointed!

Sounds like there is some good training going on over there.

97/DL, 98/DL, 00/AKL, 12/ASmu

Old 06-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #2725
MickeyP
DIS Veteran

Boy, what other awesome event can we conjure up? The Fireworks/Dessert Party was brilliant!!!!

How does the Wine and Chocolate Party at Chef's de France sound? You get to sample wine and a piece of chocolate from each country in EPCOT!!! Remy would be the interactive entertainment and everyone gets a free souvenier wine glass to KEEP!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #2726
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyP View Post
Boy, what other awesome event can we conjure up? The Fireworks/Dessert Party was brilliant!!!!

How does the Wine and Chocolate Party at Chef's de France sound? You get to sample wine and a piece of chocolate from each country in EPCOT!!! Remy would be the interactive entertainment and everyone gets a free souvenier wine glass to KEEP!
You forgot to mention the free bottle of wine that's included!!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2727
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyP View Post

Let me know when October opens up for booking
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #2728
appplel
Earning My Ears

Joining in the wait for September....
Old 06-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #2729
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Let me know when October opens up for booking
I am guessing that since we made this event up, all future bookings will be available the second Tuesday of next week lol.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #2730
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This made me giggle. If there's no such thing, then WHO TOOK MY MONEY... Got to love well-trained CMs.

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: