Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #2311
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Good lord... talk about anticlimactic if that happens!

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #2312
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Lou View Post
Speaking of CM's giving different answers, I just got told by one that they probably aren't having the dessert party anymore and that's why it isn't open yet! What is up with these people and their different WRoNG answers?
I have recently starred to think this might be the case for August through Dec as they are gearing up for free dining and a busy season they may need to open that area up for dining?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #2313
junebug21981
Earning My Ears

I decided to take it easy.... thank goodness our trip is 7/29- 8/5.... I was waiting for 8/4, our last night... but, I decided to make our reservation 7/30 since there was still an opening....I don't like to gamble!!!

~ Off Property '00 ~ Carribean '01 ~ Timeshare Property '09 ~ Timeshare Property '12 ~ AKL/WL '14~
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #2314
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug21981 View Post
I decided to take it easy.... thank goodness our trip is 7/29- 8/5.... I was waiting for 8/4, our last night... but, I decided to make our reservation 7/30 since there was still an opening....I don't like to gamble!!!
You can always cancel & rebook when August opens up

Think positive everyone! August is going to open up this week

They just increased the ticket prices this weekend so I'm "wishing" now that they got that situated, perhaps they'll now set up the dessert party reservations for August

Think positive thoughts

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #2315
CJJenkins
I say Captain, do you hear something?

Just a headsup to all the 8/26 people... SOMEONE started a thread to plan our little minimeet that night. Jump in so we can know who is coming!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2935939

Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #2316
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Nothing as of yet! As for it being only a seasonal offering, the first half of August is still a busy time for Disney. IMO, there's no way they wouldn't offer it during August. It's still busy, very busy, especially the beginning to mid August.

AND CMs are wrong all the time, never consistent. I have never gotten the same answer from 2 different CMs with just about anything I've ever asked.

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
Old 06-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #2317
dbraccio
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
Nothing as of yet! As for it being only a seasonal offering, the first half of August is still a busy time for Disney. IMO, there's no way they wouldn't offer it during August. It's still busy, very busy, especially the beginning to mid August.

AND CMs are wrong all the time, never consistent. I have never gotten the same answer from 2 different CMs with just about anything I've ever asked.
I'm with you Stacy! I always get diff answers! I feel they would be crazy not to have it! Can't wait!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #2318
Tink-N-Buzz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbraccio View Post
I'm with you Stacy! I always get diff answers! I feel they would be crazy not to have it! Can't wait!
I ditto that! Never consistent! Still think Aug will open sometime this week.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #2319
chellewashere
DIS Veteran

I actually think its too popular to remove. Disney makes quite a bit of money on this so Im guessing they will look at the bottom dollar and realize they make quite a bit of money doing this so they will keep it going.

That said I seriously hope they DONT close it cause this is my anniversary gift to myself in Sept. Had so much fun doing it last year!!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #2320
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
It would be nice though if disney could make some kind of announcement so I could make some alternate plans, like maybe a wishes or illuminations cruise..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Do you happen to know which months over the last couple years haven't had the dessert party? For some reason I thought it had been offered every month over the last few years. I could be wrong, as I haven't tried to book the party every month....I wish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjo68 View Post
I can imagine it is possible it won't be offered at times. It would make sense for them to use that space for buffet meals during free dining, since they need as many places to eat as possible then. And free dining begins at the end of August. The day we leave, actually. So perhaps they are still finalizing plans for that.

Or, there is the possibilty that they will be rehabbing the space for whatever reason.

It would not make sense to just suddenly stop offering the dessert party for no reason. They most likely make a huge amount of money on it, and they already have the location, which is the reason it is so popular.

And finally, if it is true that they will stop offering it, it will shock me if it was the dining reservation CM that knew this information correctly first.

In 2010 they only offered the DP through August 14 and free dining began on August 15. It wasn't until July 17 (ish) that they then opened the DP past August 14 and people speculated that it was related to bookings/reservations.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ty+2010&page=9

That was two years ago, though, and they did end up extending it, but it wasn't 60 days out like other months.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 06-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #2321
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
In 2010 they only offered the DP through August 14 and free dining began on August 15. It wasn't until July 17 (ish) that they then opened the DP past August 14 and people speculated that it was related to bookings/reservations.

That was two years ago, though, and they did end up extending it, but it wasn't 60 days out like other months.
so, when does free dining start in August?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #2322
CJJenkins
I say Captain, do you hear something?

August 25...

Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #2323
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJenkins View Post
August 25...
oh joy, becasue that's the night I want (it's the non-emh night sandwiched between the 24 and the 26th. )
Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #2324
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

I remember the first year they offered the dessert party, in 2009. We went in August then, too, and since it was free dining, they had the Tommowland Terrace open for dinner during the same periodc that we were there- but maybe not the same nights.

Anyway, it was extrememly difficult and complicated booking the dessert party, which had to be done on the phone. The CMs on the dining line were so confused about what the dessert party even was, and were accidentally booking people into the dinner buffet instead. That is what happened to me, but luckily I realized it and called back. After lots of complicated discussion, checking of the computer, and insistence from me, they finally changed my reservation to the Dessert Party.

Of course it's been several years, so not only do CM's know what the dessert party is, but we can make ADR's online and avoid the whole discussion now. But it would not surprise me if the possibility of opening the Tomorrowland Terrace for dinner is what is holding up the opening of Dessert party dates. Hopefully, they will get organized enough to open the dessert party dates soon.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR

Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #2325
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!

Dates are showing on the calendar in November now, but both days I tried had no availablilty. Are they already sold out (180 day was just Friday)?

Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: