Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #2101
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
Second check of the day for August - STILL NOTHING! Thankfully I work at home, lol!
Me too!!! I check more than I should!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #2102
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #2103
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

Still nothing for August! It should be any day I would think!

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2104
dbraccio
Earning My Ears

Come on August!!!

Waiting over here too!!! Love reading all of the August folks posts...esp Stacymarie. At least we can laugh at this!!! Now hopefully they'll open August soon!!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #2105
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

This will be our first time doing the dessert party? Have any of you done it before? It looks awesome and I can't wait for them to open up the reservations already!

Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #2106
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day!
Do tell, where was your table located

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #2107
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Do tell, where was your table located
I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #2108
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view!
Well I booked a couple of weeks before the party and I was way in the back. Theory proven again!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #2109
immortalxkiss
BOG Needed: November 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
Did you get it? Also, how quick do they usually book up.. Am I going to have to be up the moment they come live to make sure I get the time/date I want haha
Yes!! We are going July 4th; super excited :D!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2110
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #2111
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."
There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #2112
buffettgirl

Quote:
There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!
that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #2113
brios86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.
We went to the railing. Honestly, we could barely see from our table. The view was very limited. I don't think we could see all of the castle. We were basically in the very back and there is the hanging ceiling. A CM told us we could go up once the fireworks started and there was a lot of room as someone else said. The tables were many feet away form The front. It's not like we were elbow to elbow with the people at the front table. No one seemed to have an issue with us and we were careful not to block anyone else.

We booked do late bc we booked the trip on a whim. Just about 2-3 weeks before we left.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #2114
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We just went to the dessert party a few days ago. It was amazing. And, not to get everyone's hopes up, but we didn't have a reservation. We just happened to walk up at 9pm and ask if they had any cancelations or room for our party of 6. I was fully expecting her to say no because I had checked online for months before, but she said "Sure!" and let us right in. It was AWESOME. We loved it.
I did want to say to the above quote, that when checking in...she actually told us to leave the table and stand by the railing to watch the fireworks. Now I don't know if that was because we had for little kids with us, or if it was because our table was in the back, or if they say it to everyone. But she did say that and we did stand up there. Honestly, I thought everyone was standing up there?! We stood and watched the parade before too. Anyway, just thought I would let you know that. And I didn't hear anyone complain that they couldn't see. I had so much fun there and I hope to do it again soon. Good luck getting your reservations everyone!!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
Old 05-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #2115
buffettgirl

that's good to know!! Honestly, the other post scared me because I just thought how much fun would that be if I had people with their butts hanging in my table LOL.
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: