Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #2101
mmtwinmama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
Second check of the day for August - STILL NOTHING! Thankfully I work at home, lol!
Me too!!! I check more than I should!
mmtwinmama is online now  
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #2102
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,999

I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day!
CJK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #2103
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
StacyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 1,212

Still nothing for August! It should be any day I would think!
__________________



Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #2104
dbraccio
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 23

Come on August!!!

Waiting over here too!!! Love reading all of the August folks posts...esp Stacymarie. At least we can laugh at this!!! Now hopefully they'll open August soon!!!!
dbraccio is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM   #2105
jamnich314
Mouseketeer
 
jamnich314's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Posts: 233

This will be our first time doing the dessert party? Have any of you done it before? It looks awesome and I can't wait for them to open up the reservations already!
__________________
James

jamnich314 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #2106
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!
 
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Buckeye State
Posts: 1,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I remember when I booked the party last August, I was only checking for availability at the beginning of every day. When August finally opened up, it was actually mid afternoon! So.........it's probably a good idea that we're all still checking multiple times a day!
Do tell, where was your table located
__________________
When You Wish Upon A Star Makes No Difference Who You Are



POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #2107
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
Do tell, where was your table located
I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view!
CJK is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #2108
brios86
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view!
Well I booked a couple of weeks before the party and I was way in the back. Theory proven again!
brios86 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #2109
immortalxkiss
BOG Needed: November 2!
 
immortalxkiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU25 View Post
Did you get it? Also, how quick do they usually book up.. Am I going to have to be up the moment they come live to make sure I get the time/date I want haha
Yes!! We are going July 4th; super excited :D!
immortalxkiss is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #2110
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
I booked it within a couple hours of August opening. We were a table of 9 and we were in the very front and had a great view!
I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."
buffettgirl is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #2111
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
I'm concerned because on another thread people indicated that those in the back simply walk up and stand in front of the tables in the front because "the railing belongs to everyone."
There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!
CJK is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #2112
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
There was a single layer of people who did go stand by the railing. However, our table was a few feet back and we had no trouble seeing over their heads since the fireworks are so high. A couple of the kids at our table decided to go stand by the railing too, but decided they could see just as well from our table so they came back. The view of Tinkerbell is absolutely amazing! On our night, the railing never got too busy and people didn't even stay there for the whole show. The other adults in our party just sat at our table grinning ear to ear exclaiming how civilized it was to enjoy fireworks in such a relaxing, crowd-free manner. Have fun!
that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.
buffettgirl is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #2113
brios86
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.
We went to the railing. Honestly, we could barely see from our table. The view was very limited. I don't think we could see all of the castle. We were basically in the very back and there is the hanging ceiling. A CM told us we could go up once the fireworks started and there was a lot of room as someone else said. The tables were many feet away form The front. It's not like we were elbow to elbow with the people at the front table. No one seemed to have an issue with us and we were careful not to block anyone else.

We booked do late bc we booked the trip on a whim. Just about 2-3 weeks before we left.
brios86 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #2114
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
that's what I'm hoping for! And that's why I'm doing it. But from this other thread this woman made it sound like every man for himself. Someone asked her to sit down because she was blocking their view, and she refused saying the railing was free for everyone, etc etc, etc. Typical disney 'entitlement mentality.
We just went to the dessert party a few days ago. It was amazing. And, not to get everyone's hopes up, but we didn't have a reservation. We just happened to walk up at 9pm and ask if they had any cancelations or room for our party of 6. I was fully expecting her to say no because I had checked online for months before, but she said "Sure!" and let us right in. It was AWESOME. We loved it.
I did want to say to the above quote, that when checking in...she actually told us to leave the table and stand by the railing to watch the fireworks. Now I don't know if that was because we had for little kids with us, or if it was because our table was in the back, or if they say it to everyone. But she did say that and we did stand up there. Honestly, I thought everyone was standing up there?! We stood and watched the parade before too. Anyway, just thought I would let you know that. And I didn't hear anyone complain that they couldn't see. I had so much fun there and I hope to do it again soon. Good luck getting your reservations everyone!!!
__________________

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #2115
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,123

that's good to know!! Honestly, the other post scared me because I just thought how much fun would that be if I had people with their butts hanging in my table LOL.
buffettgirl is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
adr, dessert, party, tomorrowland, wishes



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: