Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #121
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by don604 View Post
Received our "Disney's Magical Express" docs today Just curious...Has anyone received cruise documents yet?
No Docs for us as we are still GTY, but hey we just have to drive over to the port, so not much really needed.

I did get a DCL doc today, but it was a planner for booked cruise in Feb.

ScottakaMickey
ScottakaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #122
jasepb1120
Earning My Ears

Greetings

I am booked on the Disney Dream for November 11. I am married and have a son who is turning 3 November 19...We will be celebrating his birthday on the Dream...First time cruiser here...
jasepb1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #123
don604
Official Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottakaMickey View Post
No Docs for us as we are still GTY, but hey we just have to drive over to the port, so not much really needed.

I did get a DCL doc today, but it was a planner for booked cruise in Feb.
Nice! Another cruise to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasepb1120 View Post
I am booked on the Disney Dream for November 11. I am married and have a son who is turning 3 November 19...We will be celebrating his birthday on the Dream...First time cruiser here...
jasepb1120!! Glad to have you all aboard the cruise!!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #124
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by don604 View Post
Nice! Another cruise to look forward to!
Best piece of DCL advice I've gotten is to, if you can, book your next cruise while on your current cruise. The 10% discount is great, plus the OBC. Even if you don't know when you'll go, book a 3 day sometime in the future, it's cheapest and requires the least amount of deposit, and then move it when you finally make a decision. Once you move it you get the 10% and the OBC for that cruise. Just a thought.

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #125
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27° 5' 59.199" Longitude -82° 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Quote:
No Docs for us as we are still GTY
Did you get your room assignment yet? Just saw that ours was added, and we are GTY as well.
realityland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #126
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland View Post
Did you get your room assignment yet? Just saw that ours was added, and we are GTY as well.
No, still GTY.

What cabin/category did you get?

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #127
realityland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What cabin/category did you get?
Cat 04D - which was our GTY
Cabin 8098
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #128
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Cat 04D - which was our GTY
Cabin 8098
You'll love the category. We had that on our Fantasy cruise and loved the extra room. I had it reserved for this cruise, but we waffled and had to let it go, then when we decided to go it was gone, so we are in a 5A GTY, we'll see what happens.

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #129
realityland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You'll love the category. We had that on our Fantasy cruise and loved the extra room. I had it reserved for this cruise, but we waffled and had to let it go, then when we decided to go it was gone, so we are in a 5A GTY, we'll see what happens.
We are really looking forward to the extra space, particularly with the Pack n' Play, stroller, etc.

I knew at the prices being offered that the rates would go quickly. I watched them disappear, reappear, disappear. I locked it in right before they disappeared for the final time. I waffled, too - and got lucky and hit it.

Still a chance you could get the bump up ...
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #130
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are really looking forward to the extra space, particularly with the Pack n' Play, stroller, etc.

I knew at the prices being offered that the rates would go quickly. I watched them disappear, reappear, disappear. I locked it in right before they disappeared for the final time. I waffled, too - and got lucky and hit it.

Still a chance you could get the bump up ...
If I were to be a betting man, I would predict that it will be the bathtub that you'll love. It's perfect for bathing a little one!!!!

So, what your saying is that your the one who took our 4D. LOL Just Kidding!

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #131
realityland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If I were to be a betting man, I would predict that it will be the bathtub that you'll love. It's perfect for bathing a little one!!!!

So, what your saying is that your the one who took our 4D. LOL Just Kidding!
YES! We keep hearing great things about the tub for bathing the little ones. We were a little nervous about trying to tackle a trip like this with a 10 month-old. But decided to take the plunge.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #132
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YES! We keep hearing great things about the tub for bathing the little ones. We were a little nervous about trying to tackle a trip like this with a 10 month-old. But decided to take the plunge.
You'll love it. The kids area is great around the pool. The nursery is also excellent. If you're comfortable with it, schedule some time there and go enjoy a dinner at Palo. It's a vacation for all and the Disney staff does an excellent job with the kids.

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #133
realityland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You'll love it. The kids area is great around the pool. The nursery is also excellent. If you're comfortable with it, schedule some time there and go enjoy a dinner at Palo. It's a vacation for all and the Disney staff does an excellent job with the kids.
Once we saw all of the options available for children (and the options that in turn open up for the parents) - cruising with Disney was the only choice.

We have already scheduled some nursery time, and had dinner scheduled at Palo. When we saw the Remy brunch open up, we decided to go with it instead. With Remy brunch, we can have a nice adults-only meal, play dress-up, enjoy the view AND we won't have to split the family during dinner. It's a win-win. It will cost a few bucks more for Remy vs. Palo ... but when you're in this deep money-wise, what's another 50 spot??

Thoughts on Remy vs. Palo?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #134
ScottakaMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Once we saw all of the options available for children (and the options that in turn open up for the parents) - cruising with Disney was the only choice.

We have already scheduled some nursery time, and had dinner scheduled at Palo. When we saw the Remy brunch open up, we decided to go with it instead. With Remy brunch, we can have a nice adults-only meal, play dress-up, enjoy the view AND we won't have to split the family during dinner. It's a win-win. It will cost a few bucks more for Remy vs. Palo ... but when you're in this deep money-wise, what's another 50 spot??

Thoughts on Remy vs. Palo?
Well, I also put Royal Caribbean in the same league as Disney, especially now that they are rolling out the Nursery that they introduced on the Oasis and Allure, our favorite ships, for child programs and care. It is actually our preferred cruise line, but we don't like the class of ships that does the short sailings. So, that leaves 7 Day cruises which from a cost and time off perspective is harder to do, and as you know the FL Resident rates on these cruises is just excellent with nobody coming close, so right now Disney is getting our cruise business for these last minute ones.

We haven't done Remy, so can't specifically comment. We have done Palo Brunch and absolutely loved it. It's a hard choice between brunch and dinner, but we seem to lean toward dinner each time.

ScottakaMickey
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #135
adventureducks
Earning My Ears

Talking can't wait

Ward and Amy
Bella(13)
Clara(7)

GTY will update
adventureducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread