Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #1
sssteele
DIS Veteran
 
sssteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,207

Free Cruise for booking??

I remember seeing mentioned that someone received a free cruise from Disney for booking ABD with them? Was I dreaming? Is this still possible, or am I better to go with Costco?

We've booked some post ABD travel and we're anxious to get the rest of the trip scheduled.
__________________
Sam & Joan
sssteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
I remember seeing mentioned that someone received a free cruise from Disney for booking ABD with them? Was I dreaming? Is this still possible, or am I better to go with Costco?

We've booked some post ABD travel and we're anxious to get the rest of the trip scheduled.
That was last year. It was the 3-day Caribbean cruise. I haven't seen a free cruise offered this year. They did have a Visa gift card offer earlier this year, but it has expired. If you book through Costco you get the Costco Cash Card plus whatever incentive ABD is giving. ABD is having a webcast next Tuesday and if you attend you are eligible for a "special offer". If you planning to book soon, you might want to sign up for the webcast and see what the offer is.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
sssteele
DIS Veteran
 
sssteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
That was last year. It was the 3-day Caribbean cruise. I haven't seen a free cruise offered this year. They did have a Visa gift card offer earlier this year, but it has expired. If you book through Costco you get the Costco Cash Card plus whatever incentive ABD is giving. ABD is having a webcast next Tuesday and if you attend you are eligible for a "special offer". If you planning to book soon, you might want to sign up for the webcast and see what the offer is.
Thanks for your reply. I saw the thread last evening regarding the webcast, and I plan to check it out. I saw the Costco offer, that has now expired, for the Visa gift card. We would have jumped on the offer, but it was not for the date we wanted. Viva Italia, adults, and our friends selected the date.
__________________
Sam & Joan
sssteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Thanks for your reply. I saw the thread last evening regarding the webcast, and I plan to check it out. I saw the Costco offer, that has now expired, for the Visa gift card. We would have jumped on the offer, but it was not for the date we wanted. Viva Italia, adults, and our friends selected the date.
Just to clarify, the Costco Cash Card is independent of any offers by ABD and it doesn't expire. It was only the ABD Visa gift card that expired. Maybe ABD will offer another gift card on the webcast, or maybe a free cruise again.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,290
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Thanks for your reply. I saw the thread last evening regarding the webcast, and I plan to check it out. I saw the Costco offer, that has now expired, for the Visa gift card. We would have jumped on the offer, but it was not for the date we wanted. Viva Italia, adults, and our friends selected the date.
Just remember, any incentives are for new bookings only, so you'd want to wait until *after* the webcast if you're interested in whatever the "special offer" may be.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
sssteele
DIS Veteran
 
sssteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,207

Thanks to both for your clarifications.

I called to check on "our" trip today, and was told now booked at 34%. Plan to hold off until we hear what's said and make our decision from there. Will jump on it right away if there is a great new incentive.

Thanks again! These boards hold a wealth of information at our fingertips!

Joanie
__________________
Sam & Joan
sssteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
queenmother
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 63

Joanie I was able to take advantage of the free cruise offer and actually just returned from a 3 night Disney Dream cruise, even the tips were included which was awesome! I booked the Southwest Splendors trip which we completed in August 2010, and I booked through Costco end of December 2009 ; got an 800 dollar Costco gift card as well as the 3 night cruise from Disney so was pretty happy with that deal. My husband bought a flat screen TV with the gift card. My kids loved the Dream, we loved Remy. Yumm. Yes that was great deal.
__________________
Mother of a princess, Queen of her castle
queenmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
runskyhy
It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!
 
runskyhy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmother View Post
Joanie I was able to take advantage of the free cruise offer and actually just returned from a 3 night Disney Dream cruise, even the tips were included which was awesome!
We did this, too. BSM in 1/2010 and the Dream in 3/2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmother View Post
Yes that was great deal.
Absolutely! Both trips were awesome!
__________________
Runskyhy

RC Oasis, Western Caribbean 03/2014
Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean 05/2012, 10/2013
Disney Dream, Bahamas 03/2011, 07/2011 , 07/2013
Disney Wonder, Bahamas 03/2006, 03/2009, 10/2009, 02/2013
Caribbean Princess, NE & Canada 10/2012

Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 10/2011
Coral Princess, Southbound Inside Passage 06/2010
Carnival Ecstasy, Key West & Cozumel 03/1995
WDW, FL 05/1992, 02/2010, 09/2010, 02/2013
West CA 01/2010, NV 4/2012, AZ 3/2013
runskyhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,139

We took advantage of the deal also and cruised on the Dream in Feb. We requested a vacation week and first denied. They said it was a black out date and I said "give it to someone else". Disney called a little while later and said we got our date. It was really an all inclusive paid cruise
like said before even the tips. Hooray!!!
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.