Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #121
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
What a fun weekend!!! It's always uplifting to come across unexpected Disney touches! That hand towel sign is so random
I know! I was kind of of two minds about the whole weekend for various reasons and when I saw Ariel and the Castle I immediately went
The hand towel sign amused me especially as it was the last thing I expected to find in a 4 star hotel
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #122
petals

155 days til disney today! We're getting there

Some of the narrators were announced for Candlelight Processional today as well...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-processional/
For date I was planning we'll have Michael W. Smith Never heard of him but then only one I've heard of on that list is Whoopi Goldberg. I don't think it really makes a difference to us anyway though. Except in my head I want Candlelight processional read by a male rather than a female. I don't know why
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #123
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Lovin the trip report. I too have had a crappy year and have three therapy trips coming!

Aug. 17-20 D23 in Anaheim with hubby
Sept. 29-Oct. 3 WDW 40/MNSSHP/F&W
Nov. 9-14 MVMCP/Epilepsy awareness month (15 years as an Epileptic)

Looove the towel! On my travels(travel writer) I have seen Disney touches before. I came across a set of glasses in a shop in Eureka Springs with the mouse ears on the state of Missouri. (State specific)

Gabbie
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #124
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
155 days til disney today! We're getting there

Some of the narrators were announced for Candlelight Processional today as well...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-processional/
For date I was planning we'll have Michael W. Smith Never heard of him but then only one I've heard of on that list is Whoopi Goldberg. I don't think it really makes a difference to us anyway though. Except in my head I want Candlelight processional read by a male rather than a female. I don't know why
Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen that yet. We have been thinking about whether or not we want to do CP when we go, but I really don't care to see Whoopi, and I do know who Michael W. Smith is, but I'm not going to be too upset if we don't go. Now if Neil Patrick Harris or Trace Adkins were narrating while we were there, I think I'd just about have to see CP.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #125
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen that yet. We have been thinking about whether or not we want to do CP when we go, but I really don't care to see Whoopi, and I do know who Michael W. Smith is, but I'm not going to be too upset if we don't go. Now if Neil Patrick Harris or Trace Adkins were narrating while we were there, I think I'd just about have to see CP.
No problem!
I think with CP we'll see it once then possibly never again mainly because we might never be in Florida at this time of year again who knows!
I saw last year they had Steven Curtis Chapman as one of the narrators.. would have loved that. Found his story through you tube with the death of his baby and it's so so sad but I love Cinderella and some of his other stuff mostly Cinderella though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
Lovin the trip report. I too have had a crappy year and have three therapy trips coming!

Aug. 17-20 D23 in Anaheim with hubby
Sept. 29-Oct. 3 WDW 40/MNSSHP/F&W
Nov. 9-14 MVMCP/Epilepsy awareness month (15 years as an Epileptic)

Looove the towel! On my travels(travel writer) I have seen Disney touches before. I came across a set of glasses in a shop in Eureka Springs with the mouse ears on the state of Missouri. (State specific)

Gabbie
Therapy trips are the best. I couldn't believe how much good stuff happened the week before the disney trip last year that's why the minute things started to go crazy this year I went to the travel agents
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #126
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The Killarney pics are beautiful! Looks like you had a great weekend!!

Michael W. Smith is a Christian song artist. I love his music!! I have been wanting to see him narrate the last few years, but I have missed him every time. Hopefully this year I will get a chance to see him narrate.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #127
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The Killarney pics are beautiful! Looks like you had a great weekend!!

Michael W. Smith is a Christian song artist. I love his music!! I have been wanting to see him narrate the last few years, but I have missed him every time. Hopefully this year I will get a chance to see him narrate.
Yeah weekend was good fun!

I'm happy to have a male narrator even if I don't know who it is.. I will look him up to learn more about him though
Old 06-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #128
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Micheal W Smith is awesome! One of my favorite Christian artists! I honestly don't think I could sit and listen to Whoopi narrate it after all her and Joy's antiChristian remarks and foul language. I so would have loved to hear Trace Atkins...we get Marlee Martin or should I say Jack narrating! Don't get me wrong I love her as an actress and she was awesome on Celebrity Apprentice...I just don't care for her being the narrator. I am hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised because CP is high on my list of things to do!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:26 AM   #129
petals

All the Xmas stuff is on my list of stuff to see and do I want to see all the Santa's in Epcot as well
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #130
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
All the Xmas stuff is on my list of stuff to see and do I want to see all the Santa's in Epcot as well
Christmas around the world is very cool at Epcot! It was very confusing to my son about Papa Noel, St. Nicholas, and Santa Clause. The stories are interesting at each country, but they may feel a little long-winded for small children. The story tellers pose for pictures after the stories.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #131
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Christmas around the world is very cool at Epcot! It was very confusing to my son about Papa Noel, St. Nicholas, and Santa Clause. The stories are interesting at each country, but they may feel a little long-winded for small children. The story tellers pose for pictures after the stories.
All the story tellers look amazing from pics I've seen
Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #132
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I wonder how long the story tellers will be telling after Christmas...that sounds so neat!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #133
petals

152 days. This trip really can't get here quick enough right now. Having a hard time lately and falling apart again!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 AM   #134
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
152 days. This trip really can't get here quick enough right now. Having a hard time lately and falling apart again!

I am so sorry to read this!!! coming your way!!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #135
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
We've never stayed onsite at WDW before so I'm really excited to stay at POP for a few days. Definately going to get tie dye cheesecake and have to take lots of pics of the giant figures!
Disney is fantastic therapy, I hope things get better for you soon. You will like Pop, it is fun, colorful, and the CM's are great. We have stayed there several times and will be there Dec. 6th - 14th.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: