Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #106
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
So question for everyone that's been to Crystal Palace for two adults would it be cheaper for lunch or breakfast there?! I don't get this 15-35.99 business especially when it's a buffet how do they decide how much they are going to charge like?!

for day 14 I've left this totally open. It will be disney day and since we can't end with our traditional Magic Kingdom ending of Wishes because there's a MVMCP on that night I figure today will be spent catching up on things we missed in the parks.
We're going to have a chat and see if maybe we might be able to get up for to see our first rope drop although I doubt it since we'll be at the Christmas party the night before but I booked Crystal palace for breakfast at 9.15 however i'll either cancel that or cancel the lunch I've already booked there when we decide whether we think we'll make rope drop!
We might possibly explore disney property a bit more and then if the water pagent is on I want to try see that as we've never seen that either.
I think the $15 is the kid's price. It's been a while, but I think we paid around $28 per adult for lunch the last time we went. I would think $35.99 would be the adult dinner price, but it could be the lunch price? I'm sure someone else here would know better than me. There is a set price for each meal.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #107
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I think the $15 is the kid's price. It's been a while, but I think we paid around $28 per adult for lunch the last time we went. I would think $35.99 would be the adult dinner price, but it could be the lunch price? I'm sure someone else here would know better than me. There is a set price for each meal.
I think the dinner is between 35.99 and 59.99 at Crystal Palace. It confuses me because it was same last year with Ohana it had 15.99-35.99 on the site and then we were charged 22 something each because I remember thinking it was alot less than I expected! Mam and I were joking about it and were wondering do they look at you when you're walking in and go you look like you'll eat alot we'll charge you 35.99. You don't look like you'll eat that much we'll charge you 15.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #108
petals

GRRRRR about ready to explode at this point. Did you ever meet someone who lies about EVERYTHING and has done all and everything no matter what the conversation. So know someone like this and they were claiming to speak another language the other day so I said oh right what does <insert random word here> mean in said language now I'm the worst in the world and rude and whatever else! My thinking is how is it rude asking someone what a word means in the language they are claiming to speak?! So so angry right now and just thinking is it time to go to disney yet? Mickey's house makes all this go away!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #109
petals

so on the schedule I have no idea how we managed it but it works out as 15 days...(although we time differences that makes 16) Day 15 will be our last day but our flight isn't until that evening. So we will prob explore POP and downtown Disney a bit more depending on what time we have to get Magical Express and it will be our first trip on Magical Express to bad it's for going back to airport though
Old 06-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #110
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The chaser!!!... Does this mean it's more rare than the others? It says Pink elephants on Parade on it's feet.
[/IMG]
That little guy is from Dumbo, I believe. I was thinking about getting some Vinylmation....still unsure.

Joining in!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #111
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
That little guy is from Dumbo, I believe. I was thinking about getting some Vinylmation....still unsure.

Joining in!
Welcome

Yup he is from Dumbo. It's from Animation Series 1 which happen to be the cutest in the Irish Disney store. Vinylmation collecting is addictive. I wasn't going to collect them. I thought they were silly and then I got those two and three weeks later I had 8. Keep looking for excuses to go back!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #112
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome
Vinylmation collecting is addictive. I wasn't going to collect them. I thought they were silly and then I got those two and three weeks later I had 8. Keep looking for excuses to go back!
haha...that is what I'm worried about!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #113
pussicat1
Earning My Ears

I am experiencing the same dilemma... Really, my family is thinking about locking me in a tower with a nasty witch to look after me
pussicat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #114
petals

Got word today that our flight to Orlando is already delayed 10 minutes... Is this an omen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
haha...that is what I'm worried about!
Between Pins and Vinylmation I'm going to be broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussicat1 View Post
I am experiencing the same dilemma... Really, my family is thinking about locking me in a tower with a nasty witch to look after me
I'm sick of fighting. Tower sounds good but minus the witch!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #115
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussicat1 View Post
I am beginning to show signs of this too! Maybe we will all be locked up together! 11 more days of summer school
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #116
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I am beginning to show signs of this too! Maybe we will all be locked up together! 11 more days of summer school
Maybe we can do better and all move into Mickey's house just until all the bad things go away!
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #117
petals

So been away for a few days! I was in South of Ireland in a place called Killarney. Was there last year as well and since we actually left the hotel last year at one point to go on horse and cart around the lakes thought I'd share some of those pics:

If those of you following along remember earlier in the thread I mentioned being involved in a musical society and doing backstage work for their show week well the weekend was for an awards weekend with them. There's a group called AIMS (Association of Irish Musical Societies) which hold the awards every year in Killarney. This year the Society I'm with was nominated for three and a half awards (I say half because one of our members was nominated but for a different show with a different society.)

Friday night was a fancy dress theme of Once upon a fairytale. I went in very much meh but that feeling soon changed to when I walked through the door and the first thing I saw was Ariel on the big screen then this:

There was a castle on the stage and the centre piece on the table to mark what society you were was this:

It had a flag attached to say what society and it may have fallen into my bag and come home with me
The big screen had a slide show which was 90% pics of disney princesses with some others thrown in. Some of my favourites:

I loved how they made Tinkerbell a pixie dust princess!
There was also a small display of things other societies made for a competition. This one was my favourite for obvious reasons and I do believe it won as well!

Saturday we had an indoor BBQ because it was raining. There was alot of games at that so it was fun. Can't share those pics with you unless you're on facebook as they don't want them all over internet. I did take pics of the view from my bedroom window though because there was two pretty horseys outside:

Saturday night then was banquet and the awards. Well again went from meh to when the intro music for awards started and it was the music from the Dream along with Mickey show. The join the party a castle party song! Loved it! Oh yeah and our society won two and a half awards lol (the guy nominated for a different show and different society won! hence the half again.)

The Sunday morning before we left I spotted this in the bathroom and thought it was to cute/funny not to take a pic of:

All in all fun weekend which i think was greatly improved for me with the added touches of disney because it really did help lift my mood alot not that I wouldn't have enjoyed it without them but the disney touches helped alot!

Last edited by petals; 06-27-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #118
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

What an AWESOME, Incredible weekend, I am so happy it lifted your spirits and those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! I am all caught up (again) and so excited to read more of your plans and past fun.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #119
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
What an AWESOME, Incredible weekend, I am so happy it lifted your spirits and those pictures are GORGEOUS!!! I am all caught up (again) and so excited to read more of your plans and past fun.
I really think all the unexpected Disney touches helped with the spirit lifting there
Old 06-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #120
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

What a fun weekend!!! It's always uplifting to come across unexpected Disney touches! That hand towel sign is so random
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: