Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #91
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The horses are gone?! Where did they go? We have annual passes for Busch Gardens and Sea World too. I never noticed the horses are gone.
Dunno when they left but they were gone last time we were there in September. They had new gardens there and there was a meet and greet with some Penguin instead of the horses
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #92
petals

So Day 12 will be Universal day. Either one or both parks again depends on their timetable of Xmas events

I forgot to post the retro Universal pics the last day I mentioned it.
These are from 2005:
Scooby Doo randomly walking around

I also got Mickey Mail yesterday.. well kind of I'd ordered t-shirts from etsy and there was a little bit of pixie dust thrown in. I ordered these two:

Snow White for moi and Tinkerbell for mommy

But an extra one came with those two in the form of:

I'm guessing it's because there was a delay in the seller sending them out. It's a size to big for me as well but I'll wear it as a night dress lol!

Last edited by petals; 06-08-2011 at 06:09 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #95
petals

Day 13 we're moving to POP I booked Chef Mickey's for brekkie at 10:45am and then we have MVMCP that evening so I figure we'll either explore POP for a bit or head to Downtown disney for a while.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #96
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Day 13 we're moving to POP I booked Chef Mickey's for brekkie at 10:45am and then we have MVMCP that evening so I figure we'll either explore POP for a bit or head to Downtown disney for a while.
My kids really wanted to stay at POP, but we would need 2 rooms...no guarantee of adjoining rooms (even if requested) and 2 rooms cost more than BWV.

I understand they have a great food cart with the best Mickey Waffles (put there they are POP waffles)...also the tie dye cheesecake looks great!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #97
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
My kids really wanted to stay at POP, but we would need 2 rooms...no guarantee of adjoining rooms (even if requested) and 2 rooms cost more than BWV.

I understand they have a great food cart with the best Mickey Waffles (put there they are POP waffles)...also the tie dye cheesecake looks great!
We've never stayed onsite at WDW before so I'm really excited to stay at POP for a few days. Definately going to get tie dye cheesecake and have to take lots of pics of the giant figures!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #98
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You could always visit Pop! Stop by the food court to get a snack of cheesecake, yum! Do it at 6pm and you and/or the kids could be part of the hustle! Or get there at 8am for Mickey waffles and do the twist!

2 rooms cost more than BWV? We paid $77 a night last stay (May) and in Dec got a bounce back rate of $68.25 for December. Are you getting a studio at BWV? There's definately alot more room space at BWV, not to mention the convenience of walking to Epcot and DHS!!

Quote:
We've never stayed onsite at WDW before so I'm really excited to stay at POP for a few days. Definately going to get tie dye cheesecake and have to take lots of pics of the giant figures!
Wonder if after staying onsite, you will ever be able to go back to off property?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #99
petals

Quote:
You could always visit Pop! Stop by the food court to get a snack of cheesecake, yum! Do it at 6pm and you and/or the kids could be part of the hustle! Or get there at 8am for Mickey waffles and do the twist!
We never seem to find time to visit the resorts... that said it was only when I joined disney forums that I realised how big disney property is outside of the parks as well. I think we'll get the "twist" in one morning but maybe not the hustle! Also there are no kids in our party... I am the kid

Quote:
Wonder if after staying onsite, you will ever be able to go back to off property?
If I was going solo I would be on property alot longer. Originally I was planning as a solo trip I was going to spend 5 days on international drive and the rest on property.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #100
petals

oh random disneyish funny story from this evening. Was out with a friend and was talking about the disney clothes i've been gathering for the hols in particular the Disney Tye dye and she came back to my house to see this tye dye for herself. I may be a slight collector of well anything disney really but have a large number or pins and plushies in particular and well my friend decided after seeing my bedroom that she doesn't need to take her kids to disney she'll just take them to my bedroom
Old 06-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #101
momabaarjo

Quote:

2 rooms cost more than BWV? We paid $77 a night last stay (May) and in Dec got a bounce back rate of $68.25 for December. Are you getting a studio at BWV? There's definately alot more room space at BWV, not to mention the convenience of walking to Epcot and DHS!!
Found a great DVC member to rent from...1 bedroom villa for the 5 of us and it came out cheaper...I was too but very because I wanted to stay in the boardwalk area!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #102
momabaarjo

Quote:
You could always visit Pop! Stop by the food court to get a snack of cheesecake, yum! Do it at 6pm and you and/or the kids could be part of the hustle!
Thought about doing just this...but with my LONG list of things I want to eat I may have to be rolled home!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #103
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh random disneyish funny story from this evening. Was out with a friend and was talking about the disney clothes i've been gathering for the hols in particular the Disney Tye dye and she came back to my house to see this tye dye for herself. I may be a slight collector of well anything disney really but have a large number or pins and plushies in particular and well my friend decided after seeing my bedroom that she doesn't need to take her kids to disney she'll just take them to my bedroom
That's great! You don't need to be a kid to do the hustle or the twist!! Being a kid at heart always helps though!!

Quote:
Found a great DVC member to rent from...1 bedroom villa for the 5 of us and it came out cheaper...I was too but very because I wanted to stay in the boardwalk area!
That is amazing! Way to go!! We stayed at BWV the year they were built and loved, loved, loved them!! The clown on the slide is a bit freaky, but besides that the resort is beautiful, fun and relaxing! Be sure to check out the magic show. The knife swallower guy is amazing, but I can't watch..that part. The guy on the bike is great too!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #104
petals

Quote:
That's great! You don't need to be a kid to do the hustle or the twist!! Being a kid at heart always helps though!!
Some day if I've time I'll get all the plushies together for a picture there are hundreds of them lol! Big kid at heart totally covers me!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #105
petals

So question for everyone that's been to Crystal Palace for two adults would it be cheaper for lunch or breakfast there?! I don't get this 15-35.99 business especially when it's a buffet how do they decide how much they are going to charge like?!

for day 14 I've left this totally open. It will be disney day and since we can't end with our traditional Magic Kingdom ending of Wishes because there's a MVMCP on that night I figure today will be spent catching up on things we missed in the parks.
We're going to have a chat and see if maybe we might be able to get up for to see our first rope drop although I doubt it since we'll be at the Christmas party the night before but I booked Crystal palace for breakfast at 9.15 however i'll either cancel that or cancel the lunch I've already booked there when we decide whether we think we'll make rope drop!
We might possibly explore disney property a bit more and then if the water pagent is on I want to try see that as we've never seen that either.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: