Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #76
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Today one of my friends wanted to go to Dublin to a dentist and asked if I would go with of course I said yes so long as I get to Disney shop

So went along and found this little fella:

It's an Irish Vinylmation

Had a much better CM experience in the Disney store today as well. The first time I was there the CM's just didn't seem to be as over-excited about Disney as I was the one today was diffinately as excited if not more than me. Was great. She told me to bring in pins to trade the next day I came up

Then while waiting for her in the dentist I was looking at bag from disney shop which is a load of squares of what looks like different disney comics. I noticed this one in particular as it looks like Mickey Mouse is now condoning shop lifting!

Last edited by petals; 06-20-2011 at 09:26 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #77
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #78
petals

Yeah I thought that one was funny alright. Naughty Mickey Mouse.

I also forgot to say yesterday. As we were shopping I hit a mini Jackpot and found a load of new cheap disney t-shirts. I had bought t-shirt transfer paper and I was going to make a few but tested it last week and it doesn't really work very well and when I test washed it most of the picture came off so I decided to just buy over there
But then saw these yesterday so got me some. I have loads already but hey you can never have enough disney t-shirts right?
Piccies

Also in the disney shop I got a new friend again really shouldn't have because I've tonnes of plushies already but she was to cute to leave behind

I said as well I would take a pic of my dad's hat. Well trip mascot wanted to model it... (For those of you who didn't see my last trip report Trip Mascot is called Angel and he comes on 99% of trips with me don't know why but he just does: )

Last edited by petals; 06-20-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #79
petals

wanted to add in more of the possible trip schedule mainly because it's helping me remember what day I need to book the next ADR
So Day 6 is going to be Hollywood Studios. I didn't book any ADR's for this day because I want to try Pizza Planet. H.S. is another place we have alot to catch up on. Of course we want to see Osbourne Lights and new Pixar Pals parade. I also want to find Mike and Sully and Lightening McQueen and Mater. Then will prob do the stunt shows and backlot tour for somthing new
What is sounds dangerous? We haven't done that yet either. Also totally missed Muppets last year so they'll be first this year and One man's dream was closed when we were there last time so will prob do it this year as well.

Retro pics:
From 1995:

From 2005:

That was the last time we were there before they changed the name to Hollywood Studios but it will always be called MGM to me

We never seem to be able to make WTP character lines in this park

Day 7 will be rest/shopping day. We might take a little adventure to Florida Mall.

Last edited by petals; 06-20-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #80
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
As far as Soarin' goes... my mom hates anything that leaves the ground, but she loves Soarin' I know a lot of people who don't like heights or fast moving rides that have done Soarin and loved it. Hopefully she'll be willing to give it a shot and at least try it once.
My wife is afraid of heights, but I convinced her to try Soarin. She loved it. We went on it a second time another day. I would recommend getting Fast Passes for it so you aren't waiting in line, it is a very popular ride.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:27 PM   #81
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
So day 5 of our trip is going to be Epcot. (I know I skipped Day 4 that's prob going to be shopping/mass day)
I booked for Garden Grill today and I rang the dining number as it gives the impression on the WDW site that Candlelight processional can be booked now. It can't and they don't have a date for when that will happen. They said it will just happen one day! But they did say I can just add Candlelight dinner package to my existing reservation when the time comes. I might try get earlier booking though when I can do Candlelight package because I was only able to get Garden Grill for 5.55 and would like it earlier.
If my memory is correct last year the CP ressies were available around August. Seemed kinda late to me.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #82
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
My wife is afraid of heights, but I convinced her to try Soarin. She loved it. We went on it a second time another day. I would recommend getting Fast Passes for it so you aren't waiting in line, it is a very popular ride.
I'd say it'll be one of thsoe things we'll decide on the day. Will get fast passes for it and Peter Pan. Peter Pan is always sooooooooooooo long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
If my memory is correct last year the CP ressies were available around August. Seemed kinda late to me.
The CM on the phone said they don't nkow when people can book it'll just happen one day!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #83
petals

on the possible schedule. Day 8 is at the moment open until Universal release their Christmas details. So depending what time their christmas stuff is it'll either be one of Universal parks or if I think we can do all Universal stuff we want including Xmas stuff in one day we'll use this day to finish Epcot/ introduce oursleves to Boardwalk as we've never been and I don't expect to get Epcot done in one day when we've never seen it properly.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #84
petals

Day 9 is going to be Discovery Cove Went there in 2005 (retro pics in last trip report/ptr) it was amazing and since I heard they're opening a new section to the park thought it was time to go back
Old 06-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #85
petals

Day 10 on the schedule is Seaworld. According to their website they are open until 11 that night.. Should be enough time to soak in their Xmas stuff

I do have retro pics of this park:
in 1995
they had these things to pose by

The had horseys! Last time I was disappointed to find the horses were gone

and I fell in love with Shamu:

in 2005 I only have two quick pics I could find:

I love the dolphins although I don't like the new Dolphin show as much as the old one they had!
and Manatees.

It's kind of tradition for me to get my pic taken beside Manatee statue every time we go there

Last edited by petals; 06-27-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #86
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Day 9 is going to be Discovery Cove Went there in 2005 (retro pics in last trip report/ptr) it was amazing and since I heard they're opening a new section to the park thought it was time to go back
Discovery Cove is going to be day 4 for us. My sister and her family went a few years ago, and LOVED IT! I am so excited, going to do the dolphin experience!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #87
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
on the possible schedule. Day 8 is at the moment open until Universal release their Christmas details. So depending what time their christmas stuff is it'll either be one of Universal parks or if I think we can do all Universal stuff we want including Xmas stuff in one day we'll use this day to finish Epcot/ introduce oursleves to Boardwalk as we've never been and I don't expect to get Epcot done in one day when we've never seen it properly.
Universal Hours last year were (week after Christmas):

IOA 8 am to midnight
USO 9 am to 10 pm
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #88
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Discovery Cove is going to be day 4 for us. My sister and her family went a few years ago, and LOVED IT! I am so excited, going to do the dolphin experience!
Discovery Cove is like a little paradise. So quiet and relaxed compared to all the other parks. I can't wait to see the new section and try out the Hammocks they have now

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Universal Hours last year were (week after Christmas):

IOA 8 am to midnight
USO 9 am to 10 pm
Thanks I want to know when the Christmas stuff starts though. I think last year it started on the 4th of December. There doesn't seem to be any sign of dates for the start of the Christmas things there yet. They haven't released their Halloweens dates yet so I can see this wait being a long one
Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #89
petals

Day 11 will be rest day/shopping in whatever outlet we haven't been to yet/possibly mass as well as it's Sunday. I think I'm down to 170 days today btw

Last edited by petals; 06-28-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #90
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The horses are gone?! Where did they go? We have annual passes for Busch Gardens and Sea World too. I never noticed the horses are gone.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: