Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #151
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Last night in my house saw an explosion in words of epic proportions! Not a happy bunny today at all!

On the plus side I've booked my ticket to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the midnight showing on the 14th

Last edited by petals; 07-03-2011 at 07:15 PM.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #152
Drumteacher
Earning My Ears

Subbing due to title -- you sound like my wife! Will catch up with thread later.
Drumteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #153
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Last night in my house saw an explosion in words of epic proportions! Not a happy bunny today at all!

On the plus side I've booked my ticket to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for the midnight showing on the 14th
Happy for the HP movie ticket but for the dueling words! Hang in there!!!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #154
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumteacher View Post
Subbing due to title -- you sound like my wife! Will catch up with thread later.
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Happy for the HP movie ticket but for the dueling words! Hang in there!!!
Thanks. Sometimes it's really really hard to hang in there!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #155
petals

Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I've been thinking about disers alot today and would like to thank you all for being here! None of you have any idea how much dis means to me. It's a much needed disney fix every day for me which I would go insane without!

So war of words blew up again today and my trip is now a solo one!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #156
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

for the hard days, from your PM it seems I can't send enough. It IS hard to hang in there...but I know you are strong and have overcome some tough obstacles...so just know your DIS friends are rooting for you! A solo trip will be better than the strife and worry, that is certain and it will be BEAUTIFUL that time of year..who knows what kind of Disney magic might flow your way! Thinking only the best thoughts for you!
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #157
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

sending lots of hugs your way! Hope things look up soon!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #158
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:

So sorry about the explosion of words... But ds and I also have tickets for midnight showing can't wait
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #159
petals

I was very sick the other night as in vomiting for seven hours every half hour. I'm ok now and war of words has calmed down again and I'm going to get very mini disney therapy this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
for the hard days, from your PM it seems I can't send enough. It IS hard to hang in there...but I know you are strong and have overcome some tough obstacles...so just know your DIS friends are rooting for you! A solo trip will be better than the strife and worry, that is certain and it will be BEAUTIFUL that time of year..who knows what kind of Disney magic might flow your way! Thinking only the best thoughts for you!
Thanks. I don't mind going solo. I'll just adjust the schedule a little to have more disney days and less shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
sending lots of hugs your way! Hope things look up soon!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
So sorry about the explosion of words... But ds and I also have tickets for midnight showing can't wait
Thanks.
I can't wait to see Harry Potter. I wanted to re-read it before but won't have time with work and that! Anyways if I read it again I'll sit in the movie going wrong wrong wrong NO THAT'S NOT MEANT TO HAPPEN THERE!! so I might be better not reading it again
Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #160
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Going back to read.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #161
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Subbing! Going back to read.
Welcome Are our trips over-lapping?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #162
petals

So at the weekend I was away for a few days. Went off to Manchester to see my nieces who I haven't seen for two years and to get some disney therapy in

I had a rant about the low fares airline because it's a load of rubbish. You go online to book and it says flight is like 1.99 or whatever but then by the time they finish with taxes and charges your 1.99 flight ends up being like 80 and then if you want to bring a suitcase with you that's another 40 and then to pay with credit card is another 20 and then you have to check in online now and to do that is another 10. Then they say one piece of hand luggage per person and you ahve to try stuff hand bag into carry on and I kept getting emails saying if you buy duty free it has to be able to fit into the carry on as well. I wondered were they going to monitor how many breaths we took while on board and charge for them as well rant over!

Anyways we went off to airport at 1 am on friday as we had early morning flight to Manchester. Of course the trip mascot Angel came along as he can't be left at home and we did some more plane spotting to amuse ourselves in the airport:

When we got to Manchester we got train into city and then attempted to get a taxi to our hotel but the taxi driver dropped us at the wrong hotel so we had a little bit of a walk to find our proper hotel and of course got a little lost along the way but we did find China town on our wanderings and I felt it necessary to take a pic of the arch (it looks like the one in Epcot )

We eventually found the hotel and were getting a tad tired and grumpy by the time we did but we couldn't check in before 12 so we left the bags at the hotel. The hotel didn't have somewhere to store the bags which we didn't think was a very good thing. They said leave them at the side of reception and there would always be someone at reception but they had nowhere to store them. There was other bags there as well so we took a chance and just brought everything important with us. We then went off in search of the Trafford Centre which is of course a shopping centre with a disney store
Once we found it first stop was to food court:

Food Court was really cool because it looked like a ship. Photos aren't great but sure:

Then it was time to go to Disney Best sight ever!

Of course all thoughts of tiredness and grumpiness went away at this point lol and to make it even better they had a 50-70% sale
So I got Minnie T-shirt:

Eeyore towel:

Stitch Mug:

Two pins, those hair bobbles they have in the parks for 3.95 I got two for 2.20 or something of the sort. I also had a debate about whether or not to buy the white rabbit plushie or mad hatter as they were on sale but ended up not getting either of them. I also asked about Vinylmations as I had seen pictures of a UK exclusive but the CM I asked didn't even know what Vinylmations were never mind why they didn't have any The CM's at the tills were very excited about everything Disney and my momma told them we had our own Disney store in Dublin now and they were very excited about that and asking about the exclusive Dublin merchandise. My momma told them there was none lol! I quickly corrected her and told them all about the fab 5 Irish plushies, the Dublin t-shirts and stationary and Vinylmation. Momma was wondering how she missed it all but the CM's were very excited about it. One of them said she makes a point of finding a disney store everywhere she goes and said she can't wait to visit the Dublin store. I totally forgot I had some pics of the Dublin Exclusive merchandise on my ipod that I could have shown her oh well!!!
Anyways after that we went back to hotel room for to check in and for a snooze as we were going to visit my sister and nieces that evening.

Last edited by petals; 07-12-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #163
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
I can't wait to see Harry Potter. I wanted to re-read it before but won't have time with work and that! Anyways if I read it again I'll sit in the movie going wrong wrong wrong NO THAT'S NOT MEANT TO HAPPEN THERE!! so I might be better not reading it again
From what I understand the reason why Deathly Hollows is in 2 parts is because JK wanted to the movie to be TRUE to the book. So I am crossing my fingers that it will continue..I thought part 1 did a pretty good job!

I just finished reading Book 1 to Goo this past weekend, and we rewatched the movie. I had forgotten how close movie 1 and book 1 were!

We are having a HP fest at my house this week. We are watching all the movies over again along with special treats and dinners to celebrate!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #164
petals

Splitting it as computer trying to die here!

Anyways Saturday we got up and headed shopping again to the second Disney store in Manchester this one was in the Arndale centre but first went into a shop called Primark where I found more cheap disney clothes so got jumper with head mouse on it:

then went for breakfast where we saw these really cute cupcakes. We didn't buy any but I felt I needed a picture to share as they looked cute and yummy:

Then we went to Disney again :

They were advertising cars alot:

and again I bought loads
Again I asked about Vinylmation and this time got a slightly better answer she knew what they were but said they hadn't had them since they first came out and thinks only some store in UK sell them now so no UK exclusive Vinylmation for me today.
I did get a little bit of pixie dust although I don't think I was meant to. Went up to pay for everything I'd got which included another pin. Jumper:

T-shirt... front material is different from the back but kinda cool:

Winnie the Pooh mug it's cute and was only 1.49 but has a little crack in the top that I only noticed when I got home. Hopefully if it breaks I can glue it back together:

I also found the Simba doll from the braodway show there for 4 pounds on sale so had to get him since I wanted him last year in New York but wouldn't pay 30 dollars for him:

Then I had this Eeyore who was also on sale and this is where the pixie dust comes in although it wasn't meant to be I'm sure.. first pics of Eeyore:

I thought I saw the CM scanning him and he was only 4 pounds on the sale anyway and so soft and cuddly he had to come home but then when I left the shop and checked the recipt. Eeyore was in the bag but hadn't come up on the receipt. I don't know if he just didn't scan or if she forgot or something but I'm nearly sure I saw her scanning him so i reckon their tills just decided i needed some pixie dust. Maybe we should have gone back and said something but I'm always afraid to do that in case they say we tried to rob or something. oh well i'll take it as pixie dust from Mickey gods looking down on me
We also went to Build a bear because trip mascot is a build a bear and I noticed really cute Rapunzal dress for build a bear now as well. If you read my last trip report you'll prob guess i like anything sparkly and I got myself Sketchers twinkle toes while in U.S. last year and then I also got light up ones on ebay when I came back well in Build a bear they had twinkle toes for the bears and the twinkle toes they had matched my light up ones except the bears ones didn't light up but I felt that Angel (trip mascot) needed a pair of shoes that matched mine :

Random Manchester pic. Ferris wheel was outside the shopping centre:

Last edited by petals; 07-12-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #165
petals

Shopping done we headed out to see my nieces and sister again. We went into a town near them for my sister to pic up a few things and myself and DN10 found these cute gingerbread cookies:

(sorry he's missing his body DN10 had eaten most of it before I took the pic)
We had food and then went to one of their local supermarkets for to check out clothes section there for DN13. Going in DN10 and DN13 were kind of bickering and I was like hush now stop fighting and look for Mickey so we all burst out laughing when we went around the corner and found a row of Disney t-shirts. I was like yeah I'm so in tune with Mickey Mouse I can sense when any disney stuff is near I also had to buy another disney t-shirt as it was true for me:

We spent the evening with the girlies before heading back to our hotel. Then we had an early morning flight again this morning so this time Angel (trip mascot) showed new Eeyore some of the planes:

Going with the rant of low fares airlines. We got to the airport 15 minutes early and there was nobody in our line for to check in our bags so we went up to weigh the case. With the airline you can pay 40 euro for 15kg or 60 euro for 20 kg. We had paid 40 euro but we went to cheap bodycare shop where all shampoos and deodourants etc are half the price that they are at home so had got loads of those and when I weighed the case it was now 16.2kg (it was 10kg coming over with hardly anything in the case) so while we were waiting we took clothes out of case until it got down to 15kg and put them in the hand luggage so by the time we had to check in the suitcase it was exactly 15kg. I was using every KG I paid for and didn't have to pay over-weight luggage charge
Security went fast that time of the morning as well and the flight was on time everything well and we got home by 9.30:

and went straight to bed when we got in
It was a fun weekend and great to see my girlies again although I am still wondering where my baby nieces went to DN13 is taller than me but otherwise a semi clone of me same attitude, same likes, same temper and even wants to move to Florida like me She wants to be a marine biologist! I'm luvin it she can work with Shamu and I'll work in Walt Disney world and we can move over there together! DN10 is nearly the same height as me and totally mad in the best way possible!

Last edited by petals; 07-12-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: