Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #136
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
All the story tellers look amazing from pics I've seen
They do look incredible! Disney pays so much attention to detail in costuming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I wonder how long the story tellers will be telling after Christmas...that sounds so neat!
Last year we missed the story tellers, but we did get to see Mr. and Mrs. Claus.

Quote:
152 days. This trip really can't get here quick enough right now. Having a hard time lately and falling apart again!
152 days will be here before you know it! I'm so sorry you have hit a rough patch. I hope things get better quickly. Sending pixie dust and prayers over the pond!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #137
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
152 days. This trip really can't get here quick enough right now. Having a hard time lately and falling apart again!
Sending some hugs your way!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #138
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

I am so sorry to read this!!! coming your way!!!!
Quote:
Sending some hugs your way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
152 days will be here before you know it! I'm so sorry you have hit a rough patch. I hope things get better quickly. Sending pixie dust and prayers over the pond!
Thanks. Had a couple of bad days today was slightly better though. Will have a very small bit of Disney Therapy soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Disney is fantastic therapy, I hope things get better for you soon. You will like Pop, it is fun, colorful, and the CM's are great. We have stayed there several times and will be there Dec. 6th - 14th.
Wish I could move to Disney! Cannot wait to stay in POP. It looks fab and so much Disney! We're there the same time as you. We move to Pop on 6th.

Quote:
They do look incredible! Disney pays so much attention to detail in costuming.

Last year we missed the story tellers, but we did get to see Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
I can't wait to see them. Giving Epcot two full days because we've never explored it properly so will have to do all the usual stuff first and there's so much extra at Christmas we'll need loads of time for Epcot
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #139
petals

In slightly better news during the week was my Mommy's birthday so I set up a little party for her:

She loved all the disney t-shirts I got for her and started wearing them already! It was very small but fun!

Last edited by petals; 06-27-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #140
petals

so another random question for all my American peeps!
Regarding Kids clothes sizes as I will no doubt want to buy for the little people in my life (my nieces and nephews that is)

UK/Ireland sizes are a little bit different from U.S. sizes so approx with this 1T 2T and what not sizes, what sizes would you generally buy for a 13, 10, 7 and 1 year old?
Old 06-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #141
momabaarjo

Quote:
Regarding Kids clothes sizes as I will no doubt want to buy for the little people in my life (my nieces and nephews that is)

UK/Ireland sizes are a little bit different from U.S. sizes so approx with this 1T 2T and what not sizes, what sizes would you generally buy for a 13, 10, 7 and 1 year old?
T-shirts????
Depending on 13 year olds size...adult small
10 year old...youth large
7 year old...youth medium
1 year old...12-18 months
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #142
petals

Quote:
T-shirts????
Depending on 13 year olds size...adult small
10 year old...youth large
7 year old...youth medium
1 year old...12-18 months
Excellent thanks. I was thinking the 13 year old would be adult small anyway as she's quite tall for her age. It was the others more so I was confused about.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #143
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The size depends on their weight too. My youngest is 7, but a bit chubby. A kids medium (8-10) fits him perfectly, but a kids large (10-12) gives him room to grow.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #144
petals

Quote:
The size depends on their weight too. My youngest is 7, but a bit chubby. A kids medium (8-10) fits him perfectly, but a kids large (10-12) gives him room to grow.
The 10 year old is Skinny but she's in 10-11 age over here and 7 year old will be 7-8 UK.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #145
petals

So today while in the charity shop looking for toys for my doggies (they like to eat teddies or anything else that can fit in their mouths) I found this dude:

And for only 1.40 ish dollars so of course he came home and is currently washed and staring out our kitchen window
Old 06-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #146
momabaarjo

Quote:
The 10 year old is Skinny but she's in 10-11 age over here and 7 year old will be 7-8 UK.
Youth large should fit great,with a little room to grow for the 10 year old ...and the 7 year old a youth medium should work if they are on the thinner side too with some room to grow. US sizes run with age too for the most part if they are average height and weight for age.

Love the sully!
Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #147
petals

Quote:
Youth large should fit great,with a little room to grow for the 10 year old ...and the 7 year old a youth medium should work if they are on the thinner side too with some room to grow. US sizes run with age too for the most part if they are average height and weight for age.

Love the sully!
Thanks for info.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #148
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:

i need to go back and catch up, but both Boden and Next have us sites; you should be able to compare the height and weight on those sites to get a good idea ahead of time.

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #149
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
i need to go back and catch up, but both Boden and Next have us sites; you should be able to compare the height and weight on those sites to get a good idea ahead of time.
Thanks for tip. Will look it up
Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #150
petals

Rarr Rarr Rabbit! Bad day with work and home! Well not bad bad but just lots of little things happened that were annoying! Is it time to go to disney yet?

I do have some very good news not disney related but I can't share it yet but hopefully in the next week I will be able to tell everyone!

In the meantime I loaded these pictures a while ago and forgot to put them on here. When I was ickle my sister used to work as a CM in Disneyland Paris and these are some pics of hers that she gave me for a geography project I did at one stage:

Small World:

Haunted Mansion:

Tomorrowland:

Luv this one:

Beauty and the Beast show:

and actually the stage they are on is the same stage we did one of our Irish dancing performances on in Paris when we went with the dance school

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: