Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #31
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

aww so excited for your mother son trip. cant wait to hear more!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #32
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Yeah, no kidding! I feel like everyone I know and work with was down there! Four teachers from my school! At least I had some trips to help plan, which is fun, but not as fun as going myself!

BTW, how's your PTA pres duties going? We must get together for lunch again once the weather gets warmer....
I wish you had been down there, too- Someday I hope we ARE there together!!

I REALLY like being the PTA president! I'm having a great time- everyone has been extremely supportive, and extremely nice to me- and I get a thank-you from someone fairly often, so I am glad I took the job. It's very busy this week, though, with budget presentations, a PTA meeting tonight, etc- tomorrow morning I'm hosting the council here, so I have alot of work to do today. No updates until tomorrow or Wednesday, too many other reports to write! Let me know when we can have lunch- I would LOVE to see you!! Have you been to the Lion King? I haven't and REALLY want to go- DVC is still getting discounted tickets, and it makes me NUTS I haven't been!!! Did you hear EOS is opening in Times Sq? We should go THERE for lunch!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
Great to see another TR!! Can't wait to see more pictures
I'm so happy you think so!! I promise LOADS of photos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Thanks, will have a look for one
I hope they have them over there for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Checking in! Now going back to read - looking forward to seeing how you like our home resort! We love Grandstand!

P.S. Okay, now I'm caught up! It is so cool that the coach made sure Tyler got to go! What a guy! Your room looks familiar! I think the SSR rooms are just so restful. Just looking at the pics makes me want to take a nap! Yummo on the sammies! We like EOS too I have been wondering - do you have to have a ME ressie? or can you just show up and ask for a ride? We had an issue with Jim's CC not being activated when we rented a car, and I used my debit card. The clerk was adamant that if my card didn't go through, he couldn't rent us a car. Of course it was fine, but I remember saying, "That's okay, we'll just take the Disney bus!" But I wondered if that were really doable
Looking forward to more!
I found out yesterday that they had NO PRACTICE last week...NONE. Can you imagine what a lunatic I would be if I had left him home for NOTHING!!!!???!!!! Soooo glad he came with us!

I'm not sure about that- I'm sure you could, at the very least, call MS and tell them and then they could add the DME at that point so it would be in the system for the bus- not sure how much control those CMs have at the DME desk, or how much access they have to the ressies- the DME is really Mears, isn't it?

You must be getting SOOO excited for your trip!! I wish I could have booked that cruise- love the sea days, LOVE San Fran, and would LOVE to see Vancouver!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM   #33
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Stopping by to say HI. I can NOT believe how big your boys are getting Will you put a brick or two on their heads for me please
I am soooo excited you are here!!! How are the kids?? How are YOU??? I would be very happy to put bricks on the boys' heads, if you think it would help! It all is going by at lightening speed right now- Tyler is going to HIGH SCHOOL in the fall- OY! ANd worst of all, Sean is turning 18 next year- that means guardianship, etc....plus the huge realization that his schooling will end 3 years after that- NOT GOOD. He freeks out when he is home for a week- what happens if there is no program to fill his day?? I'm sure there will be something....just not sure how MUCH something there will be. Very, very frightening.

Really, I am so glad you posted- are you planning another WISH trip?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #34
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
SSR looks really nice to me! That's one of the few Disney hotels us non-DVC folks can snag consistently and at a reasonable oop cost. Not that we have yet, mind you. I totally need you to have a few words with Ron next month. Nothing at Disney impresses him anymore- (except.. and I quote "MAYBE, maybe AKL with Savannah view..MAYBE"). Yes, he is very sick in the head. Sigh. We are struggling to decide where we will stay in July but will probably just leave it up to Capt. Kirk and Priceline to decide for us again, however...
Sorry, El, don't mean to hijack your thread BUT.....

Jen, when we lived in Jacksonville, we would head down for weekend stays and ALL BUT ONCE we got upgraded. We booked AKL el cheapo room for $199 one weekend, and got bumped up to a savannah view..... once we even booked ASMo and got upgraded to CSR!!! Then at CSR we got upgraded to a preferred location. Talk about a TOTAL upgrade!

Also, we booked some stays on expedia - imagine Contemporary for $179/night! I think because we were only there one or two nights, WDW figured it was cheaper to upgrade us than someone who would be there for a week. Same with the expedia rates.......

OK, now back to Ellens TR.....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #35
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I have been wondering - do you have to have a ME ressie? or can you just show up and ask for a ride? We had an issue with Jim's CC not being activated when we rented a car, and I used my debit card. The clerk was adamant that if my card didn't go through, he couldn't rent us a car. Of course it was fine, but I remember saying, "That's okay, we'll just take the Disney bus!" But I wondered if that were really doable
I know the answer to that: ME is not allowed to take walk-up customers. When Disney first established ME it was allowed, but the other transportation providers were really upset and there was some lengthy discussion between all parties which ended with MCO still letting ME operate from their building but with the restriction that only guests with reservation are allowed to take it.

Of course, I don't know how a CM might react if you find yourself stranded at the airport. Or possibly you could call CRO or MS from your mobile and add ME to your reservation before walking over to the ME check-in desk.

I guess, it might never hurt to just get a ME reservation for your arrival date just to have it as an option, there isn't a penalty for no-shows.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #36
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR (actually saw that you had one on Dawn's Dining report and went looking for it) and I am looking forward to hearing more about your trip! So glad you were able to take both boys, that must have been fun for you to have some mother/son time.

We are staying at SSR in May so I was glad to see your pics of the resort. We have a 2BR and my Dad has a studio. I really hope to be able to get to The Earl when we are there. We do have ressies at Fulton's for one night, I saw Fulton's in the background of your pics when you were there, is the boat dock right near there?

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #37
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

I REALLY like being the PTA president! I'm having a great time- everyone has been extremely supportive, and extremely nice to me- and I get a thank-you from someone fairly often, so I am glad I took the job. It's very busy this week, though, with budget presentations, a PTA meeting tonight, etc- tomorrow morning I'm hosting the council here, so I have alot of work to do today. No updates until tomorrow or Wednesday, too many other reports to write! Let me know when we can have lunch- I would LOVE to see you!! Have you been to the Lion King? I haven't and REALLY want to go- DVC is still getting discounted tickets, and it makes me NUTS I haven't been!!! Did you hear EOS is opening in Times Sq? We should go THERE for lunch!!

[/COLOR]
Uhhhh.....HELL YEAH! That sounds like a perfect lunch date! Disney theater and a DTD restaurant? Perfection! When is it supposed to open? By summer, ya think? I haven't seen the Lion King either but I think Tom would divorce me if I even thought of seeing it without him. We'll see though.....we'll definitely plan something soon!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #38
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Yum! I love EOS. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #39
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am soooo excited you are here!!! How are the kids?? How are YOU??? I would be very happy to put bricks on the boys' heads, if you think it would help! It all is going by at lightening speed right now- Tyler is going to HIGH SCHOOL in the fall- OY! ANd worst of all, Sean is turning 18 next year- that means guardianship, etc....plus the huge realization that his schooling will end 3 years after that- NOT GOOD. He freeks out when he is home for a week- what happens if there is no program to fill his day?? I'm sure there will be something....just not sure how MUCH something there will be. Very, very frightening.

Really, I am so glad you posted- are you planning another WISH trip?
I can't believe how big they look. I think time is speeding up.
I am already starting to panic a little about Jason. He will be going to highschool too. We are already trying to figure out what we are going to do when he hit 18 and we have 5 yrs to go yet.
Avy is doing Okay her vision is going so we are learning braille here. It is a whole new world for us. She is so excited about going on her wish trip.
I think I have this trip planned out way better then Jason's so it should be wonderful. Plus Ella is really in to all the princesses so hopefully she doesn't spend the whole trip crying like she did last time
We are so excited to be going back to Give Kids the World. The kids are talking about that more then Disney
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #40
hanna22
Earning My Ears

Sounds like a great tip!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #41
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Joining in... I love your TRs and want to hear it all!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp,
14-BCV/OKW, 14-CBR
Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 AM   #42
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so happy you think so!! I promise LOADS of photos!!!

I hope they have them over there for you!

I found out yesterday that they had NO PRACTICE last week...NONE. Can you imagine what a lunatic I would be if I had left him home for NOTHING!!!!???!!!! Soooo glad he came with us!

I'm not sure about that- I'm sure you could, at the very least, call MS and tell them and then they could add the DME at that point so it would be in the system for the bus- not sure how much control those CMs have at the DME desk, or how much access they have to the ressies- the DME is really Mears, isn't it?

You must be getting SOOO excited for your trip!! I wish I could have booked that cruise- love the sea days, LOVE San Fran, and would LOVE to see Vancouver!!
NO PRACTICE? Good thing you took Tyler
I wish you were on this one, Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I know the answer to that: ME is not allowed to take walk-up customers. When Disney first established ME it was allowed, but the other transportation providers were really upset and there was some lengthy discussion between all parties which ended with MCO still letting ME operate from their building but with the restriction that only guests with reservation are allowed to take it.

Of course, I don't know how a CM might react if you find yourself stranded at the airport. Or possibly you could call CRO or MS from your mobile and add ME to your reservation before walking over to the ME check-in desk

I guess, it might never hurt to just get a ME reservation for your arrival date just to have it as an option, there isn't a penalty for no-shows.
Thanks, having a ressiee just in case is a good idea
Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #43
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
How fun! I love that you got to surprise your one son! We loved EOS when we went in Dec- my husband fully intended to get the holiday sammie when we went back to DTD, but it didn't end up happening. Can't wait to read more about your trip with your boys!
Thanks! I had originally wanted to surprise them both, but that didn't work out. Maybe another time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookTrout View Post
Great TR so far and I'm looking forward to reading more. SSR looks lovely. We've never been there but, it definitely looks like a resort to try in my book.
Sharon
Hi Sharon! SSR is a nice resort- it gets knocked alot, which is a shame, but to each their own, I guess. Thanks for following my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I'm here Ellen!!!! And waiting for the video of Tyler.....
I'll post that next- I had a very busy PTA couple of days-and of COURSE I am SO GLAD you are here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizneyDreams View Post
Joining in!
Your pictures look fantastic! Loving the TR so far!!
Hi and thank-you! I only used my Canon water camera- only took 15 pics with my DSLR this time- I just wanted to focus on my kids and not carry around the big camera- so I'm glad the pics are ok! But I DID take alot with my smaller camera, so there's LOTS more to come!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I just saw that you had started a new TR.

Hoppiing on board for the ride!
AWESOME!! Thanks for coming along!

Quote:
I am here and very much looking forward to your TR! What a great start.
Hi Katherina! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i can imagine the surprise on his face....it will be the teenage "uhhhhh Thanks?"...Look. Can't wait to see the photos to get me more pumped for May. Good luck to everyone in your house this last week before TAX deadline. I drove by my old office yesterday and saw all the CPAs working. ugh
Yea- this is not a fun week for Pods OR us...but he got SOOOO much done in the past two days, he was able to take last night off and watch the Yankee game. The end is almost here....I can see the light at the end of the tunnel......
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #44
podsnel

That's IT?????

As promised, here is ALL the excitement of Tyler's Disney surprise...not exactly that magical of a moment, but what can we expect from a 13 year old boy??

CLICK TO PLAY

Last edited by podsnel; 04-14-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I'm in! We love EOS! I feel like it is a hidden gem at Disney. I have had the turkey and stuffing one before and it is really good, but my favorite is the Original.
Hi Pinkpixie! I would love to try ALL those sammies on that EOS board, but I always have that Original one- just LOVE it!! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Here I am Ellen...all ready to hear all about your little trip with the boys!

SSR looks really nice to me! That's one of the few Disney hotels us non-DVC folks can snag consistently and at a reasonable oop cost. Not that we have yet, mind you. I totally need you to have a few words with Ron next month. Nothing at Disney impresses him anymore- (except.. and I quote "MAYBE, maybe AKL with Savannah view..MAYBE"). Yes, he is very sick in the head. Sigh. We are struggling to decide where we will stay in July but will probably just leave it up to Capt. Kirk and Priceline to decide for us again, however...

You are killing me with the Bailey's shake and the EOS pics. To paraphrase Sarah: "Look! Ice cream in a drink! It's for me. Can I?"

lovelovelove EOS! Original Roast Beef for us too. Or more accurately we each get an Italian and then we split an Original. Oink. But for real we get out of that place cheaper than Mickey D's. Crazy.

Was it hot enough for ya this week? I'm pretty sure some records were set. Whew!
I can't believe you never stay on property! It's SOOO much fun- and it makes the whole Disney experience complete- although I know there is a TON of competition out there off property, and some great places can be had. It's just....when you stay at a Disney resort, you are completely submerged in the whole Disney thing. Did you see Kara's response to you? She in the Queen of Upgrades, it's crazy!

We only had one hot day- the day we left. It was cooler the other three days- definitely needed a jacket at night. But what a switch on Thursday!!!

Can't wait to see you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl81 View Post
I'm enjoying reading your tr, I thought most of the Jersey schools were off the week before or after Easter but I guess I was wrong. My older ds is autistic as well he also goes to a school out of district and has the same week as us this year. We are you going in Nov during the teachers convention is that when you are going? We hav'nt gone at that time since 2004. Looking forward to reading more! Linda
Hi there! Usually, they are- either the week before or after- but this year, with Passover & Easter so late, everything kind of scattered. Breaks are all over the place. My DS16 goes to TCI in Verona, they are off next week. And yes, we are going NJ week, that's when we always go- this year we arrive Nov 9 and leave Nov 14- staying at BCV. Where/when are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
aww so excited for your mother son trip. cant wait to hear more!
Hey Drea!!! Thanks for coming along!!!

Quote:

Of course, I don't know how a CM might react if you find yourself stranded at the airport. Or possibly you could call CRO or MS from your mobile and add ME to your reservation before walking over to the ME check-in desk.

That's a good idea- to book it just in case. You ALWAYS have great advice, Katherina!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: