Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #136
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydevil View Post
Cool, we'll be there at the same time. It's just Jared & I, we're going to the Destination D event. Should be fun. We are staying at Pop.
Hannah has been good on the break. We went into the city, shopping at Ikea. Nothing to exciting. They don't have school on Monday, they start again on Tuesday. We are thinking of going to the dinner dance, we only went once a long time ago. Sounds like fun!

Terri
I saw that the D23 event was that weekend- but didn't really look into it because I knew we already had so much other stuff planned. Which TCI dinner did you go to? I ran the one that was the wine dinner. Was it that one? Oh and thanks for reminding me he goes back to school on Tuesday and not Monday!!! DUH....I win Mom of the Year yet AGAIN!!!!

Last edited by podsnel; 04-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #137
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR, only finished page 1 so far! I did a mom/son trip last year, along with my cousin and her daughter, it was fun! SSR is our home resort, we have stayed there past few trips, mainly because nothing else was available but we still enjoy it. Your pics are making me HOMEsick!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #138
podsnel

A Night hangin at SSR

Back at SSR, we got off at the Springs and crossed the street to get a basketball from Horseing Around- they don't charge you anything for the ball, they just hold onto your room key. The boys took off, and I made a quick stop at the front desk for my package before joining them at the court.

There were some families (dads and sons) shooting hoops, and my kids joined in.

I gave Pods a call at home to let him know how our day was going, then took some pics walking around. Sorry I didn't have my DSLR with me, or my tripod- these would have been much better if I had! Some were taken with my iphone.

Robin Hood was playing at the pool-

I went back to the room, and soon was joined by Tyler- Timmy was still playing. After I bit Tyler's head off for deserting his little brother, we went back to the court. Timmy was just about done, being that he was the last hoopster standing, so he returned the ball, and went to the arcade. Followed by Tyler using a weight in the gym to do his strengthening exercises for his elbow-

They just can't get enough!!

The arcade closed at 10, and we left to go back to our room.

The biggest downside of a studio??? Only one TV...guess who wins that one....

It's ok- I was enjoying a glass of wine, so it's not like I had NOTHING to do!! We had enjoyed a very full day, and it was time to rest up for more- in the morning, we were going to spend the day at MK, visit friends at the BLT pool, lose some lanyards once or twice...we really needed to rest up!!

Old 04-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #139
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Oh all knowing expert !

Last fall I was in Epcot and purchased a wine passport. It has 6 wines from 3 countries. I only used 2 of the wines from one of the countries. I am headed back in 3 weeks. I have still 4 wines yet to try. I felt so bad not using them. I hope to use it. Would the passport still be valid? It doesn't have any information on an expiration date or use only in one visit kind of writting. Thoughts??

Hmm the cake? That is a tough one because I believe most of the park restuarants are picky about the cakes they serve. The beach might be a great place to have it or even DTD by the water near the sea racers.
Although I am having a REALLY tough time trying to wrap my head around having un-punched wine on the card....my best guess (and it is a guess, because I don't know if it would EVER be possible for me to have unpunched wine on the passport- darn kids of yours in Epcot!! ) would be that yes, they will honor it. Thanks for reminding me to buy a new one in 19 days!! Hope you had a happy Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
Enjoying your TR, only finished page 1 so far! I did a mom/son trip last year, along with my cousin and her daughter, it was fun! SSR is our home resort, we have stayed there past few trips, mainly because nothing else was available but we still enjoy it. Your pics are making me HOMEsick!
Glad you like it- I really loved being away with my sons, and having this alone time with them. Sounds like YOU really liked your time away, too!!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #140
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

umm it was it was food and wine so not like i missed too many but yes darn kids

Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #141
podsnel

Quote:
I hope you're not planning on any leftovers this trip!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #142
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, they will let you. When we bought ours in December, our friend that was joining us, only did 1 of the 3 countries. They told her she should save it for her next trip.

You shouldn't have any problem bringing your old card.

I love the wine walk!
I always finish my card.
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp, 14-AOA/BCV/OKW,
14-CBR
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #143
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Thanks for another great update!

Travelling without kids we did not even have an IDEA there were basketball courts at some resorts! Let alone that you can borrow a ball!

It looks like you enjoyed your evening and that's the way it should be!

Sorry you lost the TV battle but at least you had a glass of wine to console you!

Looking forward to more!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 AM   #144
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Ellen,

I have been reading along and loving your Trippie. You have such wonderful young men for son's. It looks like it was just a great time. Thank you for writing your Trip Reports. Due to lack of vacation from starting a new job this year I am going to have to live vicariously through you. I am looking forward to 2012 though and will have two years of points to blow out. Now if I could figure out how to fit WDW and HHI in in one year.

Once again thanks for writing.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #145
podsnel

TYLER!!!! WHERE'S YOUR NECKLACE?! A MK Adventure

We woke up a little earlier on Tuesday, and while I ran over to fill my mug with Nasty-cafe, Tyler began his am shower-a-thon. We had a LOT of plans for today- we were going to MK for starters....at some point in the afternoon, we were going to head over to BLT, our friends who were staying there were having a pool day, and we were invited to join them. We would go home and shower, and then at night we were meeting some other very special friends at Raglan Road for dinner. Followed by heading back to MK for more night time fun (including the new show on the Castle ). We got to the bus stop at the Springs, and our MOST EXCELLENT transportation mojo continued, with a MK bus pulling up in a minute...WITH seats. Well, for most- I stood, but I didn't mind- the ride is not that long. Anyway, soon we saw...

I REALLY wanted to stop at the MS Bakery, and grab a cheese danish, since I had read they are AMAZING there, but....the lure of FPs on a busy park day called a bit stronger, so we'll have to try that one another time. Checking the Lines App on my miraculous iphone, we decided to grab FPs at Splash, ride BTMRR, and then head over to SM for a ride and more FPs. Sound good? Good!

I'm sure I should know this, but what are all the pennies for?

We decided to cram our butts into one car- it was just a little tight!

I love that ride, but I actually had bruises on my hip that day from it!!

Boys will be boys....

The Fantasyland expansion, of course, is in full swing. When is it scheduled to open?

I know it will be wonderful when it's finished, but it is just so odd walking through there in the meantime. On line for SM, Tyler again ran over to get FPs, which he put in his lanyard along with the Splash ones. The Stand-by wait was posted at 30 minutes, which i believe they switched right after we went under the sign- we probably waited close to 50. BUT.... the wait really was fine, because of two things- the nice family next to us, from Missouri- they were staying at a friend's house in Celebration, how cool! And....my kids had NO idea there were games to play when you had to wait on line. We all enjoyed the queue because of it.

Cont'd next post-

Last edited by podsnel; 04-25-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #146
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

ELLEN!!!! (high pitched Lonnie voice).....You didn't tell me you started your TR. (Then again, I've been MIA being a music booster trip person/chaperone/whatever you want to call someone who doesn't sleep for four days and is responsible for waking up teenagers and counting them over and over and over, etc. again).....
Anywho, I'm here and subbing and am catching up
Now back to page 2

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #147
MEK
DIS Veteran

Another fun update Ellen. I actually read it in the middle of the night when I was up taking more Motrin for my strep throat. I MUST be well by Friday!

I'm glad the boys are having such a great time. My boys always play Basketball at the DVC resorts. They love it.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #148
podsnel

TYLER!!!! WHERE'S YOUR NECKLACE?! A MK Adventure cont'd

After Space, we decided to go on the Peoplemover- another favorite thrill ride of Tyler & Timmy's-

Just as the ride was ending, I looked at Tyler. Reallly LOOKED at Tyler-

Hmmm....something isn't right...something's missing.....HOLY CRAP TYLER!!!!! WHERE'S YOUR NECKLACE???!!!!!!!!

My 13 year old had deemed it necessary to ride Space Mountain without the incumbrances of his lanyard...he had taken it off and stuffed it into the pocket of the ride. And of course, left it on the ride. His KTTW card with charging privileges, his park ticket, FPs..... So back to SM we ran, where the very, very calm CM who checked & said nothing had been turned in yet, but we should come back in an hour.

Good stuff. Happy times.

With an hour to kill, we decided to have some lunch...at CHH, another must-do first for us!

The boys shared Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with coleslaw and French fries - $9.69

and Six or Eight Chicken Breast Nuggets - Served with choice of French fries or apple slices. Eight nuggets $7.69 - $7.69

and I had an Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - White tuna with lettuce and tomato served on a toasted multi-grain bread. Served with chips or carrots. - $8.09

We were eating downstairs....I know Karin had told me to try upstairs, but when I sent the boys up to get a table, they came right back down, it was all full.

It was a delicious lunch, made even better by dessert-

A recovered lanyard at Space Mountain. More of our day, and more of "WHERE ARE YOUR NECKLACES???!!!!!?????".....NEXT!

Last edited by podsnel; 04-25-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #149
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i would go into total freak mode!! but it is WDW and people are pretty good there. I am looking forward to being in the park without a stroller!!!!! That is going to be the best ever. Okay now if I have to get a stroller for anyone I guess that will be okay but I am NOT pushing or parking it. LOL

I do miss the sky ride. It is such a shame to see such a neat building in Fantasy Land just sit empty. I know since they had redone the tomorrow land the other landing station is no longer there but still sad to see it sit empty. Granted it does a good job for all of the stroller parking.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #150
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
I am looking forward to being in the park without a stroller!!!!!
Don't count on it......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: