Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Mom2_4mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

"Mom, how do all these people know you?" a TR June 25-July 2, 2011

Ok, our trip started June 25th and officially ended July 2nd, although I am greatful for the July 4th weekend to recoup!

First things First - Intros

Front Row:
(L-R)
DD - Amanda
DD - Heidi
Back Row:
(L-R)
DS- Cody
DH - Scott
Me - Patricia
DS- Nick
DM - Bonnie (aka Nana)

I won't go into all the details of the drive to Disney - let's just say it was 15 hours long and seemingly took forever!
We didn't arrive until 10pm on June 25th - about 2 hours after I wanted to get there so we didn't get to explore much or see the resort property. Needless to say checkin at Caribbean Beach was a breeze - noone was there! We were in Barbados, in a nice corner room - building 16, very close to Martinique and not too far from our busstop either. We enjoyed the quiet location! Surprisingly I never took pictures of the resort or the room! We were in the Nemo themed rooms and LOVED them! We had adjoining rooms on the first floor which was exactly what we requested!

First Day - Magic Kingdom - also My Birthday!

Because we arrived so late the night before I was unable to purchase our military tickets until this morning, but luckily we were one of the first people to get in the line at Shades of Green so we were out relatively quickly, the poor people who came after us ended up in a line around the corner!

We were in the MK by 10am and I was wearing my "Happy Birthday" button that had my name on it. The resort included it in my check-in package the night before and I proudly wore it all day. However, the funniest quote of the entire trip happened about 10 minutes into the Magic Kingdom. The morning parade was just finishing when we walked in and there were tons of CM's around the main street square, I had been told "Happy Birthday" about 20 times at this point. My DD Heidi looks up to me and says "Mom, how do all these people know you, and know it's your birthday?" We all laughed and I pointed at my button. She was so cute she turned red and said "oh!" It was the most quoted saying of the trip....ok well maybe not as much as the one from Epcot!

More on MK to follow.....

"Mom, How do all these people know you?" our TR June 2011

Me(29+) , DH(45) , DS(16) , DS(15) , DD(7) , DD(6)

Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

How exciting-it looks like you bought into DVC.

Happy Belated Birthday and I hope you had a great trip. Looking forward to your TR. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. I always told my kids. You each have a brother and you each have a sister. Make sense?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

You'll have to tell me more about DVC. We are thinking about doing it too. After going every year for the past four years with our kids and going again in June of next year and always staying in villas anyway, we thought it might be time to take the plunge. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Mom2_4mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
How exciting-it looks like you bought into DVC.

Happy Belated Birthday and I hope you had a great trip. Looking forward to your TR. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. I always told my kids. You each have a brother and you each have a sister. Make sense?
Yes, we did! I get it...my oldest son and my oldest daughter get along the best, as well as the younger son and youngest daughter. It's like they know their place in line! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
You'll have to tell me more about DVC. We are thinking about doing it too. After going every year for the past four years with our kids and going again in June of next year and always staying in villas anyway, we thought it might be time to take the plunge. Can't wait to hear more!
Yes, I will tell you whatever you want to know! I have to say that it made such sense to me, with the amount we spend on vacations - to have accomodations taken care of for the next almost 50 years, seemed kinda silly not to join. The best part, was it then felt like we were all of a sudden a part of a bigger family of Disney lovers!

Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
Mom2_4mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom

So after arriving and seeing the end of the morning parade, we strolled down main street and had our photos taken by the first photographer we came upon. It was great to have the entire family together for a photo! She even did the much anticipated tinker bell pose!

After our nice stroll down Main Street, we were able to watch the Dream with Mickey show in front of the castle. DD Amanda was adorable when she started crying because Maleficent was seemingly going to hurt Mickey Mouse! What a sweet heart she has to want to protect Mickey!

We then went to Fantasy land and started with the carousel, we were able to walk right on the ride! After that we did It's a Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, and Dumbo. All with minimal waiting times! We had a lunch reservation for 2pm at Crystal Palace for my Birthday Lunch. As we were walking the path toward the restaurant, we just happened to catch a glimpse of Princess Tiana in the gazebo! With no line! It was the first princess of the trip, and she even was gracious enough to sign DD Amanda's cast!

Lunch at the Crystal Palace was wonderful as always! They brought me cupcakes shaped like mickey with a card signed by all the pooh characters! Tigger was the best with little Amanda wanting to know how she broke her arm. He even kissed it! Every one of them signed her cast! It was a great experience overall!

After lunch we headed to Adventureland wrode Alladin's carpets, the jungle cruise, and Pirates of the Caribbean. The lines were a bit longer, but we never waited more than 10-15minutes for a ride. We had a GAC for my mother who had double hip replacement surgery. We had to use it at Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Railroad. After that we did Country Bear Jamboree, the Haunted Mansion, and the Hall of Presidents. DD Heidi was enthralled by the Hall of Presidents. I was pleased to see her so interested in something educational.

We headed to a QS meal at the Cosmic Rays Starlight cafe in Tomorrowland. I was delightfully embarrased by the CM's who proceeded to sing happy birthday to me in front of the entire restaurant! After dinner my mother took the girls to watch the early parade and then the resort, while the teen boys (who patiently waited their turn for rides), DH and I went to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway and Space Mountain. Because it was during the parade, we literally walked onto the rides! We decided to ride the Tomorrowland Transit system while the fireworks were going on and had the best views of the fireworks. The CM's were nice and let us stay on the TTS a second time to finishe the firework show!

The boys, DH, and I rode Buzz Lightyear, Stitch's Great Escape, and the Pooh ride (DD Nick wanted to ride it). DH and I decided we were tired and ready to head back. It was extra magic hours, so we let the teens stay in MK until 1am and trusted them to take the bus back to the resort. They got back safe and sound and proved to be trustworthy young men the entire trip!

It was an overall magical day at MK and everyone had a great time! I probably had more people tell me Happy Birthday in one day than I have had in a lifetime! It was definitely a magical birthday for sure!

Next up....Hollywood Studios!

Old 07-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #6
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We looked for Tiana each time we walked passed and never saw her once. I agree with you. We walked on every ride in Fantasyland too very easily. I was pleasantly surprised.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: