Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

I was lucky enough to set Sail on the Disney Dream on March 31 and then spend a few days at Disney and Sea World. This trip was like no other I have taken. I always look forward to food on my vacationsÖ.after all I am NOT cooking. For the most part, the food did NOT disappoint.
The trip was originally supposed to include
Me~Jen,

DD~Claire,

and DH~Skip.

Sadly 2 weeks before we were to leave, Skip made the decision not to come. His brother had broken his leg and they run a Dairy Farm together. One of them needed to be there at all times and with his brother laid up, Skip needed to stay home.
So a change of cast was made.
My mom took Skips place on the cruise.

My dear Dad wanted to come along too, but the ship was at capacity. So he flew down with us, and then spent a few days at his sisters while we cruised, and then joined up with us for the later portion of the trip. He is making one of his ďfacesĒ for this picture. He does that for most pictures.

These dining thoughts/reviews are mine, and may not be the same opinions as others. I am not a big food snob in any way. I usually figure if Iím not cooking, it canít be all that bad. Of course if I have to pay a hefty price tag for it, then I might grumble a bit more.
In years past, we have done the dining plan at Disney, but this trip we did not, so it was also a new experience paying out of pocket for everything.

On to the food!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We flew down to Sanford on March 30th. We arrived at the airport around 10:45 and got checked in at 11. Once through security we were all hungry. Claire and I went to the little food station and I got her a personal pizza (which I believe was a Marcos brand) and I got a foot long tuna sandwich from subway to share with my mom. Dad also got some sort of subway sandwich.. I ended up losing a SD card from my point and shoot camera and it has pictures from the first several days. I used 3 cameras through out the trip though, so I have most everything on the other cards.

Claire eating her pizza and Doritos.

Here is dad being silly opening his subway bag.

This food was basic and decent. Except Claire’s pizza….. She basically ate the pepperoni off and ate 1 piece. I ate a piece as well, and it was pretty comparable to cardboard. We ended up throwing about half of it away.

Our flight had been delayed so we didn’t get into Sanford till much later than planned. We quickly got our luggage and rental van and headed over to the Residence Inn near the Port. Everyone was starving, so I went in quickly and checked us in and then asked for a place to eat near by. They suggested Fish Lips.

We were seated right away and ordered.

It was a nice place, right on the water. We could see a Carnival ship in port across the way. Claire and I went outside to take a look. It was warm out, but very windy.

Claire and I made a trip out to the van for my phone and when we came back the food had arrived. I didn’t get pictures of much. Mom and I had the fish and chips with slaw. Mom loved it. I found it to be a bit too greasy about half way through. Mom traded her slaw to dad and took his asparagus. Dad got a steak. (I can’t remember which one). He said it was very good.
Claire got fries and a hotdog.

The desserts we saw pass by looked amazing, but we were too full to try any…. Even to share. The prices were reasonable, but not cheap. We did get 10% off for staying at Residence Inn. It was a decent meal, but a little to greasy for my taste. I would go back, but try something different next time.

Last edited by jenseib; 04-10-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

March 31st…Thursday

I don’t sleep much on vacation, so I was up very early. The Residence Inn serves a breakfast for free to guests. It was actually very good, with lots of selections. I went down very early and got breakfast number 1. I didn’t take pictures that time around. I had a chocolate muffin, OJ, sausage patty, eggs and potatoes. They also had cereals, other muffins, make your own waffles, yogurts, bagels, toast and fruits and a few other things.
Once the rest of the gang got up and ready, we headed down for breakfast again.
I just picked up a few more things to eat then as it had been a few hours since I first ate.

Claire went with an apple and sausage.

Dads’ plate

I can’t remember what I had the second time around, but I think it was sausage and potatoes. I also don’t remember what mom had. But we all were happy with a little breakfast in our bellies to start out the day.
Dad did go up for 2nds.

After breakfast we finished packing up and loaded the car and headed over to the port where dad dropped us off. He was on his way to Kennedy Space Center for the day, then to his sisters for the next 3 nights.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I can't wait to hear more.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I I am not a big food snob in any way. I usually figure if Iím not cooking, it canít be all that bad.
On to the food!!!
LOL! That sort of sums up my feelings on the matter too!

OK, so while I doubt I'll be taking a cruise anytime soon...... I'm still in. I figure if I can't be EATING good food....... at least I can look at someone ELSE eating good food!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #8
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to see the cruise food.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am here! I am here! I am here!

Looks like I even made page 1!

Okay, now going back to read - I'll be back later with a comment!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL! That sort of sums up my feelings on the matter too!

OK, so while I doubt I'll be taking a cruise anytime soon...... I'm still in. I figure if I can't be EATING good food....... at least I can look at someone ELSE eating good food!
Maybe you can convince your DH with the food pictures!
Old 04-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to see the cruise food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am here! I am here! I am here!

Looks like I even made page 1!

Okay, now going back to read - I'll be back later with a comment!
Yay!! The cruise food was really good. I'm not picky, but I am honest if I didn't like something, and it was all pretty good stuff.

We are having beautiful weather today, so I probably won't do an update till later on tonight or tomorrow. I need to enjoy the sun while it lasts.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #12
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm here, and HUNGRY!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #13
Daisy Duke
Mouseketeer

Hi Jen! I'm here for the food! Can't wait to read 2 (!! ) reviews of your (very much deserved) land and sea adventure!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

Great start of the TR always enjoy your PTR and TR can't wait for more

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Okay, done reading!

I love your intro and start! Claire sure looks grown!

We were supposed to eat at Fish Lips too. Unfortunately we never made it there.

Can't wait for the cruise portion to start and am still hoping you can find your SD card!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: