Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
atheneze
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 198

CHECKING IN.

This would hopefully be our honeymoon cruise. Also, our second with DCL.

I am interested in participating in the FE. But not to arrange it as I am busy planning a wedding.

Hopefully we hear from more people.
__________________
atheneze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneze View Post
CHECKING IN.

This would hopefully be our honeymoon cruise. Also, our second with DCL.

I am interested in participating in the FE. But not to arrange it as I am busy planning a wedding.

Hopefully we hear from more people.
Welcome to the cruise and congrats on the engagement! Which ship and itinerary did you do with DCL before?
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
atheneze
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
Welcome to the cruise and congrats on the engagement! Which ship and itinerary did you do with DCL before?
we did western caribbean on the magic just this past month... I booked 2 cruises while we were on board! Thanks!
__________________
atheneze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneze View Post
we did western caribbean on the magic just this past month... I booked 2 cruises while we were on board! Thanks!
Ahh, cool. Does that mean you "might" take this cruise for your honeymoon because you booked 2 and are going to cancel one of them? People do that a LOT! But, the deals you get on the ship make it totally worth it!
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #20
atheneze
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 198

THIS will be our Honeymoon cruise because the other one is for the Fantasy in January. Unless we change the dates of our wedding LOL.
__________________
atheneze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheneze View Post
THIS will be our Honeymoon cruise because the other one is for the Fantasy in January. Unless we change the dates of our wedding LOL.
LOL - Ahhh. I wasn't sure because you said "hopefully" it will be your honeymoon cruise. I think it's awesome you are doing Disney for your honeymoon, that's fantastic! Sounds like me and my husband. Even though we haven't had kids for the last 9 years, we love everything Disney! Now it will be a whole new experience doing this cruise with an infant! Anyway - we did this cruise in January on it's first permanent sailing and I think you guys will have loads of fun! Congrats again!
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
atheneze
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California
Posts: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
LOL - Ahhh. I wasn't sure because you said "hopefully" it will be your honeymoon cruise. I think it's awesome you are doing Disney for your honeymoon, that's fantastic! Sounds like me and my husband. Even though we haven't had kids for the last 9 years, we love everything Disney! Now it will be a whole new experience doing this cruise with an infant! Anyway - we did this cruise in January on it's first permanent sailing and I think you guys will have loads of fun! Congrats again!
Thank you so much!
__________________
atheneze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
CastMember 02
Mouseketeer
 
CastMember 02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 312

Helloooooooo!

Hi Fellow Cruisers, Will be booking this cruise on our Nov 27th MR Trip

I have organized the FE for our November Cruise, I may (please note: may) Head it up since this is further out.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone
__________________





2007 4 Night Bahamas-Disney Wonder
2009 7 Night Western Caribbean-Disney Magic
2010 4 Night DVC Members Cruise-Disney Wonder
2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera-Disney Wonder
2012 7 Night Mexican Riveria-Disney Wonder
2014 14 Night Westbound Transatlantic-Disney Magic
CastMember 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #24
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
Hi Fellow Cruisers, Will be booking this cruise on our Nov 27th MR Trip

I have organized the FE for our November Cruise, I may (please note: may) Head it up since this is further out.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone
Welcome to the sailing!
Are you a cast member, or is that just your screen name? If so, may I ask where you work/what you do for Disney? My husband dreams of being an imagineer (architecture)...but he's not one yet. He will be though, someday!
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #25
nsiordia
Mouseketeer
 
nsiordia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunny Cali
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiordia View Post
We will be on this cruise now! We had to change dates due to work schedule. It's myself, DH, and 2 kids.

Also my aunt and her 3 boys.

I really wish it wasn't more than a year away
We unfortunately are no longer on this cruise, we opted to use the KSF and now are going Jan 22nd!

I hope you all have a magical time on your cruise!
__________________
Nubia DHDD(10)DS(8)


DL AP HOLDERS

Sailed to the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder January 2012 - best cruise ever!
nsiordia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #26
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsiordia View Post
We unfortunately are no longer on this cruise, we opted to use the KSF and now are going Jan 22nd!

I hope you all have a magical time on your cruise!
We're sorry to see you go, but we know you'll have a fantastic time on your sailing. Kids sail free is an amazing deal, too good to pass up!
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:25 AM   #27
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,968

Hi everybody, how are we all?

Just checking in, getting ready for Christmas so am keeping busy!

Hope we have some more new cruisers checking in soon!
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #28
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Hi everybody, how are we all?

Just checking in, getting ready for Christmas so am keeping busy!

Hope we have some more new cruisers checking in soon!
Hi becpee! All is well here. Our baby girl is due in only 37 days! We're getting excited...lol...and a little scared too! Since she is our first baby and is due within 2 weeks of Christmas we decided not to decorate this year, so I'll admit I'm a little jealous that everyone else gets to be busy with Christmas preparations - it's my favorite time of year! I guess we just figured that the time and energy to decorate and un-decorate would detract from her and/or might be difficult with a newborn, so we're just not doing it. That's OK though, baby Lorelai is all the Christmas magic we need!

We were supposed to be leaving for WDW this week for our annual vacation, but we cancelled that trip when we found out that we were pregnant. We're a little sad to not be in WDW right now, but again, after trying 9 years for a baby NOTHING is more important or wanted more than this little girl, so WDW can wait! LOL, also, we live in southern California and generally have annual passes that we use to go to DL every other weekend or so but we gave up our DL annual passes to save money...until this past weekend. We're soo proud because we lasted 4.5 months without them. Then, the sadness of not decorating for Christmas, not going to WDW, and not seeing the DL Christmas decorations got to us and we gave in - so we re-bought passes Saturday and went to Disneyland! That was fun, but I'll admit that DL while being 8+ months pregnant is a little tiring! I was also more emotional, I nearly started balling when I saw the toy soldiers in the Christmas parade. We're going back next weekend too, and every weekend until Lorelai is born! Then, we're thinking we'll go for photo ops when she's 2 weeks old. Since Ryan will be off work for a couple of weeks we can go on a Wednesday and just take it easy, take pics with the characters, have some lunch, and leave. Anyone with kids - is that a stupid idea? Do you think that's too young to take her (no rides of course, just photos). We figure she'll never be that small again, so to get photos would be great. Comments/suggestions about that would be great since we're new to the DL experience with a child/infant.

I'm also with you - I hope we get some new cruisers checking in soon! I know Ryan and I logged in 14 months early, but for our last 2 Disney cruises we did the same and the discussion board "blew up" really early. This DB doesn't seem to be as busy, so we're curious as to why. We have the sneaking suspicion that DCL will announce a KSF promo on this sailing eventually - they did with the last cruise when it wasn't selling as quickly. Think about it though, the cruise is coming quickly - only 11 months left - we're at less than a year away now! With Christmas coming soon this month will go quickly and then there will only be 10 months left!

Anyhow - I hope your Christmas preparations are going well. We're still here and still excited about the cruise!
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:11 AM   #29
becpee
I see sock puppets
 
becpee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hi from Oz!
Posts: 2,968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
Hi becpee! All is well here. Our baby girl is due in only 37 days! We're getting excited...lol...and a little scared too! Since she is our first baby and is due within 2 weeks of Christmas we decided not to decorate this year, so I'll admit I'm a little jealous that everyone else gets to be busy with Christmas preparations - it's my favorite time of year! I guess we just figured that the time and energy to decorate and un-decorate would detract from her and/or might be difficult with a newborn, so we're just not doing it. That's OK though, baby Lorelai is all the Christmas magic we need!

We were supposed to be leaving for WDW this week for our annual vacation, but we cancelled that trip when we found out that we were pregnant. We're a little sad to not be in WDW right now, but again, after trying 9 years for a baby NOTHING is more important or wanted more than this little girl, so WDW can wait! LOL, also, we live in southern California and generally have annual passes that we use to go to DL every other weekend or so but we gave up our DL annual passes to save money...until this past weekend. We're soo proud because we lasted 4.5 months without them. Then, the sadness of not decorating for Christmas, not going to WDW, and not seeing the DL Christmas decorations got to us and we gave in - so we re-bought passes Saturday and went to Disneyland! That was fun, but I'll admit that DL while being 8+ months pregnant is a little tiring! I was also more emotional, I nearly started balling when I saw the toy soldiers in the Christmas parade. We're going back next weekend too, and every weekend until Lorelai is born! Then, we're thinking we'll go for photo ops when she's 2 weeks old. Since Ryan will be off work for a couple of weeks we can go on a Wednesday and just take it easy, take pics with the characters, have some lunch, and leave. Anyone with kids - is that a stupid idea? Do you think that's too young to take her (no rides of course, just photos). We figure she'll never be that small again, so to get photos would be great. Comments/suggestions about that would be great since we're new to the DL experience with a child/infant.

I'm also with you - I hope we get some new cruisers checking in soon! I know Ryan and I logged in 14 months early, but for our last 2 Disney cruises we did the same and the discussion board "blew up" really early. This DB doesn't seem to be as busy, so we're curious as to why. We have the sneaking suspicion that DCL will announce a KSF promo on this sailing eventually - they did with the last cruise when it wasn't selling as quickly. Think about it though, the cruise is coming quickly - only 11 months left - we're at less than a year away now! With Christmas coming soon this month will go quickly and then there will only be 10 months left!

Anyhow - I hope your Christmas preparations are going well. We're still here and still excited about the cruise!
So excited for you! Having a baby is the most amazing thing ever!
You have every year to decorate when she is here, and Christmas with a child is amazing!
I also understand fully the whole baby close to Christmas thing, it's my DS's birthday on the 17th of December, that first Christmas was very hard doing the runaround and him being passed from person to person, if we're blessed with another so close to Christmas we'll be doing things very differently

Christmas is our favourite time of year also, we decorate our garden and bought a new tree this year as the old one would have been dwarfed in our house.

Anyway, some pics,
The front yard




and our tree


I'd love to live so close to Disneyland! I think i'd spend alot of time there though

The cruise has been pushed to the back of my mind a little, so much going on at this time of year, but soon we'll be looking at flights and once they're booked it'll go really fast!

Stay well and rest up!
__________________


Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #30
Kidlette
DIS Veteran
 
Kidlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
So excited for you! Having a baby is the most amazing thing ever!
You have every year to decorate when she is here, and Christmas with a child is amazing!
I also understand fully the whole baby close to Christmas thing, it's my DS's birthday on the 17th of December, that first Christmas was very hard doing the runaround and him being passed from person to person, if we're blessed with another so close to Christmas we'll be doing things very differently

Christmas is our favourite time of year also, we decorate our garden and bought a new tree this year as the old one would have been dwarfed in our house.

Anyway, some pics,
The front yard




and our tree


I'd love to live so close to Disneyland! I think i'd spend alot of time there though

The cruise has been pushed to the back of my mind a little, so much going on at this time of year, but soon we'll be looking at flights and once they're booked it'll go really fast!

Stay well and rest up!
Hi there!
Your house and tree look beautiful. I love the mickey ornaments!

We didn't decorate so I don't have pics of our apartment, but I do have some pics from Disneyland and the DL Christmas parade!

Main Street Christmas Tree


One of my two favorite parts of the Christmas parade - the funny snowmen


My second favorite part of the Christmas parade - the gingerbread men (their backs are flat like they were just scraped off the cookie sheet!)


And we can't forget the toy soldiers...
__________________
Jessica M.


Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: