Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #106
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakramer View Post
Holy CRAP!!! In college for Costuming??? That's a thing? I'm in LOVE!!!
Every year we attend a costume party and WIN no matter what the theme is for the year. But it takes me so long to get everything just right and even then I fail to get all the details that I want to have.

Sally - Are you ever interested in some side work? Because I would be HAPPY to pay someone to get it right for me!
I can try. Its hard when I don't have someone to try it on to see what needs to be fixed. How many do you need? What kind of costumes are you looking for?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #107
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Yes, please add me to the roll call! What info do you need? There are 3 of us. Myself, hubby and son. He will be 4 at the time of the cruise. We're on deck 5, but I don't remember our room # off the top of my head.
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #108
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Sally - Apparently I can't PM you till I've posted more? Weird. Anyhow, I just replied with our info.
I was just curious if you did costumes for people. Nothing in particular in mind. Just nice to have a resource when something comes up. You know?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #109
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

DVC Swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
So far this is what I have found:

If you're a DVC member, in addition to the free drinks and freebies for showing up at the presentation, you also get a free gift box in your room including a DVC lanyard and pin. If you wear something with DVC on it throughout the cruise, you will often get another free pin or two at random. Three DVC seminars so far and we haven't won the OBC.

I have seen the OBC being random amounts between $200-$500.
I never would have thought about bringing DVC up as part of the cruise! That's awesome! I LOVE freebies! Woot! I'll have to get some stuff for everyone while I'm at the expo this summer!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #110
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Quote:
Sally - Apparently I can't PM you till I've posted more? Weird. Anyhow, I just replied with our info.
I was just curious if you did costumes for people. Nothing in particular in mind. Just nice to have a resource when something comes up. You know?
Of course. I hope to open my own business or work for disney doing costumes one dau. But yeah, just let me know. Im working between pirate costumes for the fam. And a possible alice in wonderland gig at the moment.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #111
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Quote:
Yes, please add me to the roll call! What info do you need? There are 3 of us. Myself, hubby and son. He will be 4 at the time of the cruise. We're on deck 5, but I don't remember our room # off the top of my head.
Thats fine. Do you have first or second dining? Do you plan to do FE exchange? The only other thing is if you want your ages put beside your names. When you remember or come across your room # let me know. This will make whomever wants to pull the list for FE gifts or just to leave you something special an easier time.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM   #112
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
I never would have thought about bringing DVC up as part of the cruise! That's awesome! I LOVE freebies! Woot! I'll have to get some stuff for everyone while I'm at the expo this summer!
That will be so exciting! You'll have to post pictures of everything here too!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 05-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #113
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thats fine. Do you have first or second dining? Do you plan to do FE exchange? The only other thing is if you want your ages put beside your names. When you remember or come across your room # let me know. This will make whomever wants to pull the list for FE gifts or just to leave you something special an easier time.
We have 1st dining, and do plan to do the FE exchange.
Eric 32
Lisa 33
Ty 4
Room 5044 - Deck 5
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #114
SallySkelington

Hey mooooooooooooom. Whatever happened to our question of the day? I misses them... *sniffles*
Old 05-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #115
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
We have 1st dining, and do plan to do the FE exchange.
Eric 32
Lisa 33
Ty 4
Room 5044 - Deck 5
I got you all fixed up.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #116
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySkelington View Post
Hey mooooooooooooom. Whatever happened to our question of the day? I misses them... *sniffles*
Well.... I have been so very busy that I haven't thought up any great and wonderful questions!! So since tomorrow is Friday...Why don't we start up FABULOUS FRIDAYS which will include your favorite Disney memories or pictures or rides or anything Disney.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #117
MomsOf2boys

Question of the Day ahemm... well Week in this case

How many have begun to do any kind of packing, gathering, creating, or buying for this cruise?????
Old 05-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #118
MomsOf2boys

Fantasy October 13th Dis Meet Folks

Well I have been popping onto the Fantasy's Cruise meet for the same week as ours. They shared this article on the Fantasy with us and I thought you all might have an interest in seeing some of the details about the Fantasy. I'm very happy to see that Minnie Mouse will be the Atrium star and love the whole concept of the bars from different countries. Too fun!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,1301544.story
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #119
SallySkelington

Quote:
How many have begun to do any kind of packing, gathering, creating, or buying for this cruise?????
I'm not really sure whether or not I should answer this question... I may seem like a wierdo. lol,
I definitely have, creating lists, gathering things here or there and all that jazz.
I think I may have I serious medical condition... and it involves Disney and planning.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #120
SallySkelington

Quote:
Well I have been popping onto the Fantasy's Cruise meet for the same week as ours. They shared this article on the Fantasy with us and I thought you all might have an interest in seeing some of the details about the Fantasy. I'm very happy to see that Minnie Mouse will be the Atrium star and love the whole concept of the bars from different countries. Too fun!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,1301544.story
They have an Aladdin Musical!!!

Tags
disney dream, october 14, october 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: