Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #91
Coolio13
Earning My Ears

Just booked

Hello - just booked our room
Been catching up on your thread.
Can you define FE? I assume it is an inexpensive gift to trade with those that want to participate?
Coolio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #92
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post

As for the FE gifts... we did that on our last cruise. I don't think they set a limit but it was understood that it was a low cost item or items. They do it several ways I guess, such as one for teens, one for the younger or like we did, one for each cabin that is participating. We had a lot of fun with it. We had kid dismeets and pictures, we had adult dismeets and drinks, we had group dismeets. Some of them linked their dining ressies together as well. It was so nice to hang out at the clubs for a while with a few adults that you sort of knew. It was nice to see familiar faces around and feel like you weren't completely with strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio13 View Post
Can you define FE? I assume it is an inexpensive gift to trade with those that want to participate?
Welcome! The FE exchange is explained a little above.

I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!

SallySkelington is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #93
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Quote:
LOL Just depends young lady on the wedding plans of others. Time will tell. You are added to the front page by the way.
Thanks!!!!!!!

Quote:
What's the best tip you have heard about for cruising?
.....technically I haven't been on a cruise before so..... but I guess the pillow case signing or don't forget to pack your underwear....

I've been BOO'ED by GoofyinToronto!

SallySkelington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:01 AM   #94
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Welcome!

Quote:
Yes it is. FE stands for Fish Extender which is a little fish clip of sorts that is next to your door where the ship can leave invites or messages. People on the disboards have taken that a step further and made all sorts of fish extenders to hang from there that small token gifts could be left from other Dis'ers.

When we participated before, we got all kinds of things from candy and gum (which you have to pay for on the ships...actually not at all sure you can buy gum) to CDs of Disney music and homemade mini scrapbooks. Some people do things that are from their city/state/country and others do pirate or Disney theme. Ours was one per stateroom gifts but I have seen that others go all out and do one separate for the kids and teens.

Here is a picture of my bags all lined up and filled and ready to be delivered. I have to say it was so exciting to go back to the room and find some little bag/package waiting.

And here is a picture of our door and the fish... I just used a YOU GO GHOUL Halloween bag to mark the season. The lime green worked well.

Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #95
Coolio13
Earning My Ears

Fe

very helpful -thanks.
I would have never guessed FE stood for Fish Extenders.
thank for the pictues.
My two daughters would love this.
Please count us in.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #96
Coolio13
Earning My Ears

Roll Call

Coolio13(47), DH (48), DD (14), DD (11), 10024, late dining, yes on FE, Disney Cruise #1
Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #97
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Coolio13(47), DH (48), DD (14), DD (11), 10024, late dining, yes on FE, Disney Cruise #1
You are added to the first page.
I thought when we did it that the kids would get the most enjoyment out of it until it began. I really loved getting things such as candies and specialities of other countries and states. It was very fun. I think your girls will love it too.

Today I am off to find some great pictures of the grand ship we are going to board!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #98
MomsOf2boys

Pirate Night!!

Ok... Pirate night, how many of you will be dressing up?

Do you have any costume ideas?

Lets see some pictures of what you have in mind....

We did this on our last one.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #99
Coolio13
Earning My Ears

Pirate Night

2 October's ago (1.5 years) we went to MK for MNSSHP
On the day of our tickets, we had appt. at the Pirate Boutique, next to PoC.
We brought pirate costumes and wore them all day.
The funny thing is, my husband bought a Capt. Jack hat with dreadlocks.
I'm not saying that he looks like Johnny Depp (darn!) but because we were in costume & make-up standing in front of PoC, there were guests that thought he was with MK, in character. Kids were coming up to him, and people were taking pictures from the distance. It was hilarious. You would think the fact that he was carrying a camera himself would give them a clue.
Anyway - we've got full pirate costumes. My older daughter will probably have out grown hers. I'll have to post a picture of us in costume.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #100
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
2 October's ago (1.5 years) we went to MK for MNSSHP
On the day of our tickets, we had appt. at the Pirate Boutique, next to PoC.
We brought pirate costumes and wore them all day.
The funny thing is, my husband bought a Capt. Jack hat with dreadlocks.
I'm not saying that he looks like Johnny Depp (darn!) but because we were in costume & make-up standing in front of PoC, there were guests that thought he was with MK, in character. Kids were coming up to him, and people were taking pictures from the distance. It was hilarious. You would think the fact that he was carrying a camera himself would give them a clue.
Anyway - we've got full pirate costumes. My older daughter will probably have out grown hers. I'll have to post a picture of us in costume.
How fun! Sallyskellington is my future DIL and she is in college for costuming so I am sure that she will do us up nicely. I love that part of the cruise, and I loved MNSSHP. Looking forward to your picture.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #101
lisakramer
Mouseketeer

Costuming!!!

Quote:
How fun! Sallyskellington is my future DIL and she is in college for costuming so I am sure that she will do us up nicely. I love that part of the cruise, and I loved MNSSHP. Looking forward to your picture.
Holy CRAP!!! In college for Costuming??? That's a thing? I'm in LOVE!!!
Every year we attend a costume party and WIN no matter what the theme is for the year. But it takes me so long to get everything just right and even then I fail to get all the details that I want to have.

Sally - Are you ever interested in some side work? Because I would be HAPPY to pay someone to get it right for me!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #102
Coolio13
Earning My Ears

Dvc

Oh - Susan and Lisa - I wanted to tell you we are DVC too
and our home is AKL
Is there any DVC activity on board? Like a meet and greet?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #103
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Oh - Susan and Lisa - I wanted to tell you we are DVC too
and our home is AKL
Is there any DVC activity on board? Like a meet and greet?
I'm not sure if there is or not. Lets find out!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #104
MomsOf2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakramer View Post
Holy CRAP!!! In college for Costuming??? That's a thing? I'm in LOVE!!!
Every year we attend a costume party and WIN no matter what the theme is for the year. But it takes me so long to get everything just right and even then I fail to get all the details that I want to have.

Sally - Are you ever interested in some side work? Because I would be HAPPY to pay someone to get it right for me!
Lisa do you want added to the roll call on the first page? I just need your info if so.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #105
MomsOf2boys

DVC Member info

So far this is what I have found:

If you're a DVC member, in addition to the free drinks and freebies for showing up at the presentation, you also get a free gift box in your room including a DVC lanyard and pin. If you wear something with DVC on it throughout the cruise, you will often get another free pin or two at random. Three DVC seminars so far and we haven't won the OBC.

I have seen the OBC being random amounts between $200-$500.

Tags
disney dream, october 14, october 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: