Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #61
TravelinCyn
Earning My Ears

Yeeeah see, it's not just food, which is why I'm hesitant. Nothing scented, and because the kiddo is allergic to artificial food dye, it also deep sixes play doh (no, really), face paint, supercheap paint sets, temporary tattoos... Hi, we're the totally annoying mutant family. On the good side, none of us have a shellfish allergy, so we ate ourselves silly on crab and shrimp on the Alaska cruise! If people are okay with those restrictions, we'd love to participate- el kid was asking wistfully about the fish extenders on the cruise we were just on.
TravelinCyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #62
jrose529
DIS Veteran

I agree with everyone. 60 days out is good, and stick to one group unless we grow too large. Right now it looks manageable. Cayla, thanks for doing this!

April, 2007 - 4 day Wonder/3 day WDW (very long) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1430554
July, 2004 - Magic Eastern (very short) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=609376
jrose529 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM   #63
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinCyn View Post
Yeeeah see, it's not just food, which is why I'm hesitant. Nothing scented, and because the kiddo is allergic to artificial food dye, it also deep sixes play doh (no, really), face paint, supercheap paint sets, temporary tattoos... Hi, we're the totally annoying mutant family. On the good side, none of us have a shellfish allergy, so we ate ourselves silly on crab and shrimp on the Alaska cruise! If people are okay with those restrictions, we'd love to participate- el kid was asking wistfully about the fish extenders on the cruise we were just on.
Go for it! Just list all his allergies and we'll work with it. How old is he? I'd hate to have him miss out.

April, 2007 - 4 day Wonder/3 day WDW (very long) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1430554
July, 2004 - Magic Eastern (very short) trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=609376
Old 06-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #64
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose529 View Post
Go for it! Just list all his allergies and we'll work with it. How old is he? I'd hate to have him miss out.
I agree! We can work around anything given the right notice!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2009; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 11; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 11; Dec 11 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy December 2012; SSR August 2013
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #65
chernabogfamily
Mouseketeer

Ready to tackle the eastern side of Canada!

Hello everyone,

We just got home from our Alaska cruise and booked this one while onboard. We are very excited about seeing Eastern Canada, now that we have shown the kids Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Can't get any further from the coasts than where we are in the center of Missouri!

We are: me, DH, DS (12 yrs at time of cruise), and DD (8 yrs). I just requested to join the Facebook group. We are also interested in doing the FE. I'll have to search around and find the post that it is listed in. Is there any way to link it to the 2nd post to make it easy to find for the technologically challenged like myself?

We are planning to spend a few days touring the Big Apple beforehand.

So, any of you that are locals, do you have any suggestions of hotels for us out-of-towners that are convenient to the port and also for visiting a few particular locations? Everyone in the family has a certain place they want to go (American Girl store, Lego store, Empire State Bldg, and WTC Memorial)

chernabogfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #66
pjstevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernabogfamily View Post
Hello everyone,

We just got home from our Alaska cruise and booked this one while onboard. We are very excited about seeing Eastern Canada, now that we have shown the kids Alaska and the Pacific Northwest. Can't get any further from the coasts than where we are in the center of Missouri!

We are: me, DH, DS (12 yrs at time of cruise), and DD (8 yrs). I just requested to join the Facebook group. We are also interested in doing the FE. I'll have to search around and find the post that it is listed in. Is there any way to link it to the 2nd post to make it easy to find for the technologically challenged like myself?

So, any of you that are locals, do you have any suggestions of hotels for us out-of-towners that are convenient to the port and also for visiting a few particular locations? Everyone in the family has a certain place they want to go (American Girl store, Lego store, Empire State Bldg, and WTC Memorial)
Welcome aboard Kellie. I just added the FE link to the first post, but here is the direct post FE Info
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2009; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 11; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 11; Dec 11 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy December 2012; SSR August 2013
Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #67
chernabogfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Welcome aboard Kellie. I just added the FE link to the first post, but here is the direct post FE Info
Thank you so much! I will PM immediately

Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #68
jrose529
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernabogfamily View Post
Hello everyone,

Welcome Kellie! I look forward to meeting you and your family.

I wish I could recommend a hotel for you, but as I live in CT, I don't stay overnight when I go to the city. I would highly recommend taking the kids to a Broadway play if you have time. There are so many fabulous plays out that are perfect for kids. Check out broadwaybox.com for discount tickets.

If you like museums, The Museum of Natural History is wonderful, as is the Guggenheim. Go to Central Park and Rockefeller Plaza if you have time.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #69
chernabogfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose529 View Post
Welcome Kellie! I look forward to meeting you and your family.

I wish I could recommend a hotel for you, but as I live in CT, I don't stay overnight when I go to the city. I would highly recommend taking the kids to a Broadway play if you have time. There are so many fabulous plays out that are perfect for kids. Check out broadwaybox.com for discount tickets.

If you like museums, The Museum of Natural History is wonderful, as is the Guggenheim. Go to Central Park and Rockefeller Plaza if you have time.
Thank you so much for your input. The Guggenheim is on our list (my son is fascinated with architecture and my daughter loves art). I will definitely look into a Broadway show. We love musical theater. So many things we want to do, so little time...and money left.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #70
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by first timers View Post
1. b
2. no
3. one group - group not that big as yet.

Alex
So Alex - I should add you? I didn't but will do so. Are you on the 2 day NYC cruise also? there is a thread for that one also...

Cayla
9/12/14:.....14 day Eastbound Panama Canal (on the Wonder) (part 6)
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
2/8/15:.....B2B Magic Cruises - one to be cancelled (EBTA instead!!)
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
padalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:19 AM   #71
padalyn

FE list updated

Good morning everyone...I have updated the FE list on google docs. Here is the link if anyone needs it:
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...hkey=CP_49fwB#

I am keeping a tally of answers to my earlier post so far here are the results:

30 days = 1 vote
60 days = 2 votes
one large group = 2 votes
smaller groups = 1 vote

I personally don't mind either, and since the list is available to everyone, we can all see if it gets large. I will update the online document about twice a month, unless we get a large number of people contacting me, then I will update it earlier.

Please check the spreadsheet to make sure I didn't make an entry error!!
PM me if I have not added you to the spreadsheet as of now...I need the following infomation:

Dis Name
RW Name
Cabin #
Who is sailing with you (ages and gender of kids please)
any allergies or special needs

I was asking for email addresses, but I don't think we are going to need them, since I am using an online spreadsheet. Feel free to include it if you like - I will NOT publish or spam in anyway

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year together! (part 7)
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #72
dstevens
Mouseketeer

I am anticipating a large group so my pop quiz final answers are ;
1) B
2) Yes. Either 20 or 25 cabins per group.
I would like to do a NY tour of famous Mobster hang outs . Especially the Mob Wives filming locations. Just saying in case we have time.

dstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM   #73
pjstevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstevens View Post
I am anticipating a large group so my pop quiz final answers are ;
1) B
2) Yes. Either 20 or 25 cabins per group.
I would like to do a NY tour of famous Mobster hang outs . Especially the Mob Wives filming locations. Just saying in case we have time.
Hey, you don't get a 'vote' or rather, your vote should be the same as mine since I'm the one who will be doing the FE stuff
Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #74
padalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Hey, you don't get a 'vote' or rather, your vote should be the same as mine since I'm the one who will be doing the FE stuff
oh you guys had me...I was just looking at the FE list...thinking...I don't see dstevens...so I was just about to PM to ask if I should add...then saw the next post.

Well - get your answers coordinated, hmm?? Just kidding...I have the one set of answers...you guys tell me which you want me to use!

Cayla
.DVC member since 2001
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #75
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Hey all! First time cruiser here! Me (will be 26) and DH (will be 31) just booked our cruise! so I'm so happy there is already a thread. I requested a fb add and already sent in my FE info.

I'm so excited for this cruise! Which I bet you all are too! Look forward to getting to know everyone.

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: