Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #286
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

I'm a nerd, I just spent 2 hours mapping out my week on the spreadsheet based on the first cruise Navigators.

How much is the weeklong Rainforest pass for one person and two, anyone know?

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #287
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Rose View Post
They're already plotting what wines to bring, and have put together that if we drink in the room with room service, we don't have to pay the corkage fees. (And they've decided that our kids surely must count as people considering what we're paying for them, so we should be entitled to bring along a bottle of wine for each of them, too, right? )
Actually, you can tote aboard as much wine as you can stuff into your carry on, it's not a per-person allotment (the one bottle thing is probably your customs allowance to bring back in to the US duty free; as far as I know, any bottles you take with you on the ship and don't drink shouldn't count toward that, but I don't believe you can take already open bottles off the ship). And yes, no corkage fee if you drink it in your stateroom.

Quote:
I would like to add that I'm really excited about the movies on board. We have a not quite 2 year old. We don't go to movies any more. DS sees more movies than we do, since he talks my mom into taking him. He's hoping for Chimpanzee and Frankenweenie.
I know, we're excited, too. Even though our kids are a bit older, we don't end up going to the movies very often. My husband was ecstatic when we were able to put our younger daughter in the Club and see Avengers 3D on our last cruise.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #288
Cruisingbuddy3
Earning My Ears

Fish Exchange

How many rooms do we have participating in the FE so far?
Cruisingbuddy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #289
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingbuddy3 View Post
How many rooms do we have participating in the FE so far?
So far we have 11 room signed up and there are still 9 days before the cut off.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #290
dolphingirl47

In five weeks, we will be on our way to Houston. I can't believe how close this is now getting.

Corinna
Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #291
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Time to start packing!

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #292
dolphingirl47

I am a long way off this yet. I am still waiting for a few things for this cruise to arrive. My formal night gown was delivered to work yesterday as was one of the dresses that I got for the cruise casual nights (I like to dress for dinner), but one of the dresses is on back order. I am also still waiting on my door spotter and the 9" Vinylmation that I have ordered to be signed.

Corinna
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #293
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
In five weeks, we will be on our way to Houston. I can't believe how close this is now getting.

Corinna
I know! I'm SO not ready! Among other things, I have to figure out a clever scavenger hunt type thing as a way to tell the kids. I did go and (secretly) speak to the teachers this week, and they were very supportive of our plan, and say that the kids can make up the work (which is up to the teacher's discretion).

We also just spoke to my husband's family in Houston, and they are going to put us up the night before the cruise AND come and pick us up in Galveston when we come back. Yay! This way, the kids get to see their cousins, and we don't have to pay for a hotel and shuttle. We'll still do a one way van rental on the way down, though, so we can stop off and get a few groceries.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #294
tmlacasse
Earning My Ears

Hey, folks! We are soooo excited to be going on our first cruise! Husband and I (Thomas and Mary - both 50) are bringing our girls, Meagan and Madison (13 yr old twins), to help celebrate our 17th year anniversary! What better way to celebrate than going Disney! All you dis boarders are doing a great job with all the postings. Thank you. Now, I have a few questions.....we are jumping in all the way. We want to join the Fish Extenders! Reading all the FE posts, it seems that there are several ways it is done. For the actual fish extender, is the measurements - width - no wider than 8 inches and length as long as you need it? Does the giver put their names on the gifts and do we have a meet and greet on the cruise? Is one night picked to put out gifts or or they done on different nights? Maybe the rules will be sent to us when the final list is done? On formal night, does anyone know if the men can wear a sport jacket with dress pants or does it have to be a suit? I appreciate any help you all can give me! Thanks!!!
tmlacasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #295
Tower
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlacasse View Post
Hey, folks! We are soooo excited to be going on our first cruise! Husband and I (Thomas and Mary - both 50) are bringing our girls, Meagan and Madison (13 yr old twins), to help celebrate our 17th year anniversary! What better way to celebrate than going Disney! All you dis boarders are doing a great job with all the postings. Thank you. Now, I have a few questions.....we are jumping in all the way. We want to join the Fish Extenders! Reading all the FE posts, it seems that there are several ways it is done. For the actual fish extender, is the measurements - width - no wider than 8 inches and length as long as you need it? Does the giver put their names on the gifts and do we have a meet and greet on the cruise? Is one night picked to put out gifts or or they done on different nights? Maybe the rules will be sent to us when the final list is done? On formal night, does anyone know if the men can wear a sport jacket with dress pants or does it have to be a suit? I appreciate any help you all can give me! Thanks!!!
Welcome Mary, Thomas and family! Glad you're here to join us! In 5 week's time, we'll be doing the finishing touches before boarding the ship in 2 days! Are you ready to have a fantastic time?
Roll Call at the top of page 5 has been updated.

Past Disney Visits:
Mar 28-Apr 5, 2004 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 10-16, 2006 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Nov 8-14, 2008 - WDW All Star Movies Resort
Dec 3-12, 2009 - CBR & Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 7-Day Tour!
Feb 1-10, 2012 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 10-17, 2012 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean to Grand Cayman & Cozumel!
Nov 8-15, 2013 - Off Site & Magic Kingdom
Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #296
dolphingirl47

Welcome on board. I am just about heading out for work, but will answer your questions about the Fish Extender exchange when I get home tonight.

Corinna
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #297
dolphingirl47

Right, I am home from work and had my dinner so here goes:

As for the Fish Extender itself 8" is the right width. Length does not matter as much as long as it does not drag on the floor. I have to say I have always been lazy and ordered my Fish Extenders ready made.

It is entirely up to you if you include your name. For some of the bigger Fish Extender exchanges, I did not add my name. For others I just added simple card labels with my name written on it and for a couple of the big cruises that I have done, I had business cards printed with my real name, DIS name and email address that I attached to the gifts.

I hope that there will be some kind of Meet and Greet, but that is separate from the Fish Extender exchange. I know that Barry (Tower) was looking into this at one point.

It is up to each individual/ family taking part on when they choose to deliver. The only thing that I would like to ask is that all deliveries take place before 12 Noon on the last sea day so that people have time to pack their Fish Extenders and goodies away.

There are not many rules. Really there is only one and that is that everybody signing up for this will give one gift to each participating stateroom. Whether this is a cabin gift or individual gifts is up to the people participating.

The Fish Extender Exchange closes on October 13th and I will send a link to a Google spreadsheet by PM to everybody participating in the morning (UK time) on October 14th.

As to formal night, a sport jacket is absolutely fine. My husband does not really do formal and the best I can get out of him is dress pants, a dress shirt, a tie and a vest. He has never felt underdressed. On the other hand, I am all princess and I had two new gowns made for this cruise. I can't wait to get to wear them.

Corinna
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #298
tmlacasse
Earning My Ears

Corinna, thank you very much for all the info! We newbies are really grateful to you all who go the extra mile to help us! Counting down the days till some fun and sun😃
Old 10-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #299
tmlacasse
Earning My Ears

Oops! Fun and sun!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #300
dolphingirl47

The Fish Extender Exchange is still open and you can sign up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dWJzQ0JZdlE6MQ

I will close this on Saturday October 13th and will PM the link to the spreadsheet to everybody involved on October 14th. So far we have 14 families signed up.

Corinna

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: