Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Cdnmom2001
Mouseketeer

Onlime Check In Completed, CC questions

We have no bookings, just going to walk a bit in Nassau and then go back to the boat. Question about CC, if I book float rentals online and if we dont' stop there and or we don't want them, do they refund your money? Is it better to wait till we arrive on CC and just get them when we get there? I know last time we got to CC we got the floats and the kids LOVED them. I could buy smaller floats and take them with us and hope to have the breath to blow them up, but don't know if that is an option I want to deal with. Also at Pelican Plunge, how deep is the water at the bottom of the slides? My son is 50" I do believe and he can swim, just not at great lengths and he is the type of kid that likes to be able to touch the bottom while in water. Assuming they have lifejackets???
Mr. A -- 8 and awesome
Surprise Trip for the kids Disney Dream Cruise --April 27, 2014 - May 1st, 2014! stateroom #8188 !!! Kids are going to freak out Christmas morning
2nd Family Disney trip, May 2012 which included Magic Kindgom, Seaworld Discovery Cove and a 4 night Disney Dream Cruise, stateroom 9662, beyond incredible trip!!!

First Family Trip to Disney 2009 stayed on site at CBR, 5 days in the parks and truly 1st trip incredible memories that we will have for a lifetime
Cdnmom2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
TotallyTink
Mouseketeer

I would just rent the floats once you get to Castaway Cay and decide you want them. I don't see any advantage to renting in advance because they had lots of floats available. I doubt they would refund if you just decided you didn't want one but they would if your ship couldn't dock at Castaway Cay.

The depth at Pelican Plunge varies with the tides but it was around 6 feet when my kids were there. There were life jackets available to use for free and smaller kids were required to use them. My older child who was well over the height limit decided to use one too. They had a few different sizes.

TotallyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
meuseman
Disney Parks Game Afficianado

On the pelican plunge question - my daughter is 6.5 and a strong swimmer. After one plunge, she decided on the vest because it can be a bit tiring to hit the water, recover from the splash and swim the 15-20 yards (depending on height and tides) to rest. With the vest, she could take her time getting back to shore (or hitch a ride with Dad).

The tube slide spits you out pretty fast and furiously - think lots of water up the nose - so if your DS would need to feel bottom to recover, the vest would be a smart move. They have sizes from Youth XS to Adult Large and there is no cost.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: