Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
keam
Earning My Ears

How to book Atlantis Aquaventure

We are sailing on the Dream June 21. I went to book our Nassau excursion to Atlantis Aquaventure this afternoon, and it is not available. Is there another way to book this? We are two families with 4 adults, 5 teenagers, and 5 younger kids ages 4 to 11. This excursion seemed like the best fit for all involved, and I'm disappointed that this port of call may end up being a bust. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kristi
keam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keam View Post
We are sailing on the Dream June 21. I went to book our Nassau excursion to Atlantis Aquaventure this afternoon, and it is not available. Is there another way to book this? We are two families with 4 adults, 5 teenagers, and 5 younger kids ages 4 to 11. This excursion seemed like the best fit for all involved, and I'm disappointed that this port of call may end up being a bust. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kristi
I believe it's all booked up already...

I'm going on the same cruise as you and a lot of the excursions have already been booked up..I was looking into the shallow water dolphin excursion with discover atlantis and that was booked

Hopefully you can find something else you all will enjoy!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #3
bigedwin
Mouseketeer

Enjoy a halfway empty ship!!!!

With people in tours this is the best time to go around and enjoy all the ship has to offer !
We had friends that stayed on the ship enjoyed the slides and also managed to do both detective agency quest! One in the am then after lunch the did the second one! No crowds until about 2-3 pm when people started streaming back from excursions etc!
Have fun!

bigedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
dvcer57
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks,
Kristi
You can book a room at Comfort Suites with includes Atlantis and the waterparks. I,ve been told it is cheaper to do it this way. We are also on the Dream June 21st
dvcer57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
Destinydaddy
Earning My Ears

Yes book a room at the comfort inn room next door. they charge for two nights now. Just book and pay and it's cheaper than doing it through Disney.

KIDS DANCING
Daniel 13
Amy & Elisha 10
Destinydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

How many "groups" are listed for the Aquaventure excursion during your cruise dates? If only one time is listed, then two additional listing may follow in a few weeks (we are on the May 29-Jun 3 sailing)...at 75 days, there was only one offering for Aquaventure and it was full and we were bummed! A few weeks later, 2 additional groups were added, the same is true for the sailing following ours.

However, we choose to book at the Comfort Suites and only one night was required...you take a cab from the port to the CS, check in/out the same day, receive your aquaventure bands and go to Atlantis. The price point doesn't always make sense though, so you need to compare the cost of the hotel, the cab fare and lunch vs the aquaventure price point. Good Luck!
BLeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
keam
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information. I have two questions.

First, does the Comfort Inn allow more than four people in a room? It would not let me split my family of ten into two rooms. If we did three rooms, then we would have the problem of not meeting their requirement of an adult 21 years or older in the third room. The family we are traveling with would have no problem since they only have four children, but I'm not sure what my family would do.

Second, if we want to wait to see if another slot opens with Disney, can we book something else in the meantime and then change to Atlantis if it becomes available? I made the mistake last time we were on the Disney cruise of not booking an excursion at Grand Cayman, and DH was NOT happy. I would be fine with staying on the boat in Nassau, but DH wants to "see the sights." We could be stopping at ***ushima, Japan, and DH would want to check out the reactors. I was thinking about booking the catamaran/snorkling excursion for DH and our older kids along with the other family traveling with us. I figured i would do the Atlantis beach thing with my younger kids.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
MD_Guy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
First, does the Comfort Inn allow more than four people in a room? It would not let me split my family of ten into two rooms. If we did three rooms, then we would have the problem of not meeting their requirement of an adult 21 years or older in the third room. The family we are traveling with would have no problem since they only have four children, but I'm not sure what my family would do.
No, you have to book two rooms. Yes, you have to be adults.

Quote:
Second, if we want to wait to see if another slot opens with Disney, can we book something else in the meantime and then change to Atlantis if it becomes available? I made the mistake last time we were on the Disney cruise of not booking an excursion at Grand Cayman, and DH was NOT happy. I would be fine with staying on the boat in Nassau, but DH wants to "see the sights." I figured i would do the Atlantis beach thing with my younger kids.
Atlantis beach excursion is cheaper, then the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion.
MD_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
keam
Earning My Ears

Please excuse my brain freeze. I had gall bladder surgery a day and a half ago and am still recovering. Yes, I have just realized that my family will fit in two rooms. We are a family of 8 not 10. DUH!!

Does anyone know if we would be able to change excursions (if Aquaventure through Disney opens) if we book (through Disney) the Atlantis beach day for me and my three younger kids and the catamaran/snorkling for the other family traveling with us as well as the rest of my family?

I am the planner for our group but have been out of commission with this gall bladder thing. I have got to get on the ball!! Time's a wasting!
Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #10
bigedwin
Mouseketeer

Excursions

Hello

Yes youcan change excusions up to 3 days before sailing.
and on the ship you can always check wiht the tour desk if you still need a change.

We are onthe Juen 3rd and June 7th Dream.
We also wanted the Aquaadventure. it was full but then about 2 weeks ago they opened 2 extra groups for aquadventure.
I Switched my BEach days for Aquaadventures on the website very very easy.

We just selected the tour then selected all the people then it tell you have a conflict then it gives you the option to take the new schedule and it cancels the BEach adventure. Is alot easier than it sounds.

Anyways you are not charged until you are on the ship.
So the 3 day mark I believe they do nto take any changes or additions ont he website.

Im hesitant to do the Hotel because if there is any issue and the port gets canceled then Im out the Hotel Money.
They do have a 24-48 hour cancelation . so If ship does not get to port of if you have a storm then you are toast.

good luck

bigedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
MD_Guy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigedwin View Post
I'm hesitant to do the Hotel because if there is any issue and the port gets canceled then I'm out the Hotel Money.
They do have a 24-48 hour cancellation . so If ship does not get to port of if you have a storm then you are toast.
And how many times has DCL had to cancel a port call in Nassau? How many times in June?
MD_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #12
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I have two questions.

Second, if we want to wait to see if another slot opens with Disney, can we book something else in the meantime and then change to Atlantis if it becomes available? I made the mistake last time we were on the Disney cruise of not booking an excursion at Grand Cayman, and DH was NOT happy. I would be fine with staying on the boat in Nassau, but DH wants to "see the sights." We could be stopping at ***ushima, Japan, and DH would want to check out the reactors. I was thinking about booking the catamaran/snorkling excursion for DH and our older kids along with the other family traveling with us. I figured i would do the Atlantis beach thing with my younger kids.
Your first question is valid, 4 people to a room and they require one adult per room. In addition, you are charged an extra per person fee of $40 if any person in the room is age 16 or older, so you need to do the math. Again, you only need to register the people that want the bands for Aquaventure...if your entire group doesn't go, then list only the ones that do. I have read in other posts that the age fee is at age 18, however, when I phoned CS, they too said 16...so, it may be a better deal for you or it may not...call, I had them do the math for me. I ultimately used miles to pay for our booking, so it didn't matter in the end...nonetheless, $$$ is $$$$.

2nd question, I too had booked a different excursion and easily changed it to Aquaventure when it opened up. The other posts are correct (the DCL rep told me the same thing) that you are not charged for the excursion selection until 3 days prior to your sail date...and even then, you can make changes when you board.

Finally, another post indicated that you may lose your $$$ if the ship is unable to stop at this port for whatever reason...and that too, is true. You need to determine what YOUR hotel restrictions are based on how you pay for the stay, etc.

Good Luck and have a great cruise!
BLeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #13
Markzman1
Earning My Ears

Aquaventure

You should keep trying to book through Disney. They are always opening up more inventory for these excursions. Booking through them is the best way to guarantee that you can participate. During peak periods the resort can sell out so if you wait you may not be able to purchase admission on the day of your visit.
Markzman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Disney On A Dime!
It's never too late to live happily ever after!

You can also book the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion through Majestic Tours.

http://www.majestictoursbahamas.com/...rsTourNo15.htm

The cost is 120.00 for each adult and 80.00 for each kid. We just did this last week and it worked out great!

Crystal
~Pop Century 2011, 2010x2, 2008, 2007x2, 2006, 2005x2, 2004x2~
~All Star Sports 2009, 2008~All Star Movies 2003, 2002~All Star Music 2001~Coronado Springs 2009~
Disney On A Dime! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
Mazz519
DIS Veteran

You can also purchase single day tickets at Majestic Tours Bahamas The cost is 120.00 per adult and 80.00 per child.
Mazz519 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: