Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #31
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Kermit Dia de los Muertos Coloring Sheet

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Mouse Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #32
Mouse Skywalker

Walt Disney Studios released three clips from "The Muppets", in theaters on November 23rd.

The first features the new Muppet Walter and is called "Surprise Tickets"

http://youtu.be/-P2iA6XN86U

©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

In the second clip, Gary, Mary, and Walter have arrived in Hollywood when Walter has an "Idea"

http://youtu.be/YOW7270RLM4

The third clip has a "Showdown" between Miss Piggy and members of The Moopets

http://youtu.be/wsfiCjPDnpg

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #33
Mouse Skywalker

Walt Disney Studios provided us with this interview with Jason Segel, writer, producer, and star of "The Muppets" coming to theaters November 23rd.

From Walt Disney Studios:
Quote:
JASON SEGEL (Gary/Written By/Executive Producer) first gained wide attention for his role as Jason in Judd Apatow’s hit comedy “Knocked Up.” He subsequently wrote the screenplay for, and starred as Peter, in director Nicholas Stoller’s “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” He also served as co-producer and received a writing credit on that film’s sequel “Get Him to the Greek.”

Segel’s other feature film acting credits include “Bad Teacher,” “Gulliver’s Travels” and “I Love You, Man.” In addition, he provided the voice for Vector in the animated hit “Despicable Me.”

He will soon be seen in “Jeff Who Lives at Home,” as well as “The Five-Year Engagement” (for which he and Nicholas Stoller also wrote the screenplay), opposite Emily Blunt.

On television, Segel currently stars as Marshall, opposite Alyson Hannigan, Josh Radnor and Neil Patrick Harris, on the hit CBS comedy series “How I Met Your Mother.” He had a recurring role as Eric on the FOX series “Undeclared,” produced by Judd Apatow. He also portrayed Nick Andopolis, a lanky, fun-loving freak dreaming of stardom as a rock-and-roll drummer on Apatow’s Emmy® Award-nominated NBC series “Freaks and Geeks.”

Segel was born and raised in Los Angeles, where he continues to reside.

A CONVERSATION WITH JASON SEGEL…

Why did you want to help bring the Muppets back to the big screen?
It started when I was a kid—the Muppets were my first comic influence and I was in love with puppetry. I just thought it was an amazing art form. “We ended ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’ with a lavish puppet musical and The Jim Henson Company designed the puppets. Something started growing in my belly and Nick and I came up with this idea and pitched it to Disney. Disney liked the idea so we wrote the script.

Our whole goal was to make sure that if we were going to do a new Muppet movie that it live up to the expectations of how everyone feels about the Muppets. Whenever I tell anyone, the response is always two-fold: “Oh my God, that's awesome.” And then, “You better not mess it up.”

Describe your character, Gary.
Gary is from Smalltown, USA. He’s very naïve, sweet and innocent, and he’s very much in love with his girlfriend Mary. He’s torn between his brother and growing into a new phase of maturation where it’s time to be with his girlfriend. He’s lived with his brother forever so that is his big struggle.

What is Disney’s “The Muppets” about?
The movie starts out with me and my brother Walter, whose wildest fantasy is to meet the Muppets. My goal is to take a vacation to L.A. with my girlfriend Mary. So we all come to L.A. and while taking a tour of Muppet Studios, which are now decrepit, we find out that they're going to be torn down to drill for oil. So we have to find Kermit, reunite the Muppets— who are now disbanded because of professional rivalries—and put on a show to raise enough money to save the studio.

Can you share more about Walter?
Walter the character—it’s funny, that’s his actual name as well—weird coincidence—Walter is naive, sweet, innocent, wide-eyed, he’s very much like Kermit before Kermit became famous. But he just wants to belong. He’s looking for a family, really. The Muppets are the only people he’s ever seen who were like him, so his quest is to become one of the Muppets.

Describe some of the other characters in Disney’s “The Muppets.”
Mary is a bit of a tomboy—she teaches shop and fixes cars. But her big dream is to marry Gary—me—which, you know, who doesn't have that dream? Amy Adams is super sweet and super innocent and with credits like “Enchanted,” she was just perfect for this role. She just really gets the joke and she's willing to play. We really lucked out.

Kermit's the every man. He's like Atticus Finch. He just wants to be an upright citizen and be kind. It’s all about laughter and love and doing what's right.

Fozzie is a lot like me. Fozzie has never said a bad thing about anyone and his jokes aren't that good, but he's going to keep on trying.

Gonzo's a wild card. He's the loose cannon of the group, but like all of the Muppets, he’s incredibly nice.

Miss Piggy is the ultimate diva.

Animal is the part of all of us that is unhinged. Animal is like our Id. He's like Caliban from “The Tempest.”

Rowlf's really cool, sweet and mellow. The entire Electric Mayhem band is like New Orleans: they've got a little Cajun to all of them, they’re super nice and a little funky.

How did you feel about singing and dancing with the Muppets?
In the finale of the movie, there are 200 extras, 100 dancers and 50 Muppets. It was very surreal and it happened to take place on my birthday. I walked out from my trailer thinking I was coming to film and everyone sang “Happy Birthday,” including the Muppets. I kept thinking, “I’ve tricked everyone. Somehow I’ve made this weird childhood dream come true.” It was the craziest thing ever.

What makes the Muppets so special in your eyes?
Modern comedy makes jokes at other people’s expense. The Muppets never make fun of anybody. They’re all about being good and nice and trying to make the world a better place. It’s easy to get a laugh out of making fun of somebody, but the Muppets never relied on that.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #34
Mouse Skywalker

DISNEY TWENTY-THREE MAGAZINE GOES
BEHIND THE SCENES WITH STARS OF THE MUPPETS

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club Celebrates 25 Years
of Groundbreaking Animation with the Creative Minds at Pixar

From Disney's D23 Press Release:
Quote:
BURBANK, Calif. – November 3, 2011 – It’s time to raise the curtain! Kermit, Miss Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and friends grace the cover of the Winter 2011 issue of Disney twenty-three magazine, on stands November 15. These beloved characters return to the silver screen in the much-anticipated new film The Muppets (in theaters November 23).

Academy Award® nominee Amy Adams, star and writer Jason Segel, Oscar® winners Whoopi Goldberg, Liza Minnelli, Alan Arkin and Chris Cooper, plus many more, share the spotlight with the furry co-stars in this Thanksgiving treat from Walt Disney Studios. And, yes, even Miss Piggy does a star turn. “I really do believe that in this movie I will finally get that Academy Award®,” Miss Piggy tells Disney twenty-three magazine. “I've been studying with Stanislavski.”

Exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes details on the making of The Muppets and a remembrance of Muppets creator Jim Henson with hisson, Brian Henson, and famed Muppets performer Steve Whitmire are just the beginning of what Disney twenty-three has in store for readers in its latest edition.

Throughout the magazine, readers will get in-depth insight into the best of Disney, including a special feature that celebrates the 25th anniversary of Pixar, which was established in 1986. Pixar artists discuss the 25 most important lessons they’ve learned during Pixar’s first quarter century, and detail scenes that were cut from such classic films as Wall*E, A Bug’s Life and Toy Story 3.

Readers will also go on a journey through the making of Walt Disney’s classic animated film Dumbo, now celebrating its 70th anniversary, with rare concept art and development sketches recently discovered by The Walt Disney Archives and published for the first time in Disney twenty-three magazine.

A treasure trove of fascinating stories and spectacular imagery, the Winter 2011 issue of Disney twenty-three magazine also features:

· Discoveries made by author Timothy S. Susanin as he investigated Walt Disney’s “missing decade” – the years leading up to the creation of Mickey Mouse – for his new book, Walt Before Mickey: Disney’s Early Years 1919- 1928;

· A colorful recollection of Disney’s involvement in the fabled Rose Parade;

· Exclusive interviews with Sarah Chalke and Chris Parnell, stars of the upcoming ABC holiday special Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice.

Disney twenty-three magazine is available at a growing number of retail locations across the country for$15.95, and can also be purchased online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts. Gold-level members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, are treated to each issue delivered directly to their mailbox, accompanied by a special collectible gift.

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates the remarkable past, present and future of Disney, taking its name from 1923, the year Walt Disney founded his world-famous company. D23 brings its members a host of exclusive benefits, including a bi-weekly e-mail newsletter; a host of discounts and special offers; free gifts throughout the year; and exclusive, member-only special events.

Disney fans can join the world’s only Official Disney Fan Club by visiting www.Disney.com/D23, or at select shops at the Disneyland® Resort, the Walt Disney World® Resort and www.DisneyStore.com/D23.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #35
Mouse Skywalker

Walt Disney Studios released a clip from "The Muppets", in theaters on November 23rd.

In the clip "Muppet Man", Miss Piggy receives a mysterious visitor to her office.

"I can't believe I fell for Muppets."

http://youtu.be/0bPjUz9X8I8

© Disney Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #36
Monch
Earning My Ears

Haha, the Piggy clips are the best. I hope the showdown scene is longer in the actual movie. It was a bit anticlimactic for a Miss Piggy smackdown.

I can't believe it's only two weeks away. We've been waiting for over a year now (though it feels longer).
Monch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: