Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #91
Lovebug Eeyore
Mouseketeer

I don't see us on the FE listing so here is our information:

Dis name: Lovebug Eeyore
Names of travelling (ages of kids too): Bob DH, Patty,
Cabin Number: 6083
Names of travelling (ages of kids too): Wilma (Oma),
Cabin Number: 6081
Early/Late dining: late
FE? Yes
Secret Mickey Interest? No

We are on B2B from LA. We are so excited to be going back to Alaska. Our daughters are joining us for the Alaska portion of the trip.
1998 Disney Magic Bahamas; 2000 Walt Disney World; 2001 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2001 Walt Disney World; 2003 Disney Magic Western Caribbean; 2005 Walt Disney World; 2006 DVC Exchange Alaska Cruise; 2007 Disney Paris; 2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas; 2009 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2012 Disney Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise;2012 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise; 2013 Disney Aulani; 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean, 2015 Disney Magic Norway
Lovebug Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #92
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

How wonderful! What a great gift for you and the family
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #93
Lovebug Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Welcome to Hailey Lynn, the newest DIS member! Congratulations!!
1998 Disney Magic Bahamas; 2000 Walt Disney World; 2001 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2001 Walt Disney World; 2003 Disney Magic Western Caribbean; 2005 Walt Disney World; 2006 DVC Exchange Alaska Cruise; 2007 Disney Paris; 2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas; 2009 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2012 Disney Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise;2012 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise; 2013 Disney Aulani; 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean, 2015 Disney Magic Norway
Lovebug Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #94
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

Flight is officially booked as of today. Just have to add an extra night at the HoJo - we were originally going on Friday morning but it makes sense to go Thursday afternoon and have three full days at Disneyland!

Already thinking of our San Francisco plans - just had a question for anyone who might be in the know for that fair city.

When we went last year, we got a 1-day Muni passport for the first day and it worked really well for us. Only complaint that I have is that it is a fair hike to a spot that actually sells the passport. I was hoping to take the F line streetcar from right in front of the terminal to Union square and start our touring from there.

Would it be better to just pay the fare and get the passport downtown or should I leave the boat a little earlier by myself and make the hike to the nearest spot to get a Muni pass? Does anyone know of anywhere within a block or two of the terminal that we can get the Muni passes? From the San Fran transport website it looks like the only places are at least five or six blocks away.
lozzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #95
bbangel

I couldn't see a nearer place to buy one...
I have been on the transportation website trying to figure out the logistics of getting to and from AT&T Park for a Giants game. We really want to go but I worry about how hard it will be to get there and back.

We are also hoping to take the train into LA from Anaheim to see a Dodgers game and the logistics of that are giving me nightmares. If only we didn't love baseball so much
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #96
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the congrats

Does anyone know what LA hotels Disney is providing ground transportation from?

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #97
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

This information may have changed - but last spring, the DCL shuttle was only stopping at GCH and DLH. It was one of the reasons that I wanted to book our own transportation. We would have had to schlep our bags from the HoJo through the security tents and through Downtown Disney - that or take a cab.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #98
bbangel

Getting to the port is one piece I still haven't figured out either. Any ideas on the best way to get there? I was thinking Super Shuttle assuming they do that?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #99
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

You can use Super Shuttle - I know people who have done it that way. I booked an Execucar through Super Shuttle, it wasn't that much more (about $10 more than two of us to book on SS or the DCL transfer) and we had a private van to LA port.

I liked it and that is how I plan to travel from Anaheim to San Pedro this cruise as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #100
bbangel

Thanks for that. I will look at the options and make a decision. We do have almost 4 months to figure it out but it is starting to feel really close.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #101
rillsung
DIS Veteran

We stayed at a hotel near the airport when we sailed from LA in 08 and we did the Disney transportation for that. That's why I was expecting it this time. I also see on the DCL website hotels in Vancouver which doesn't really do many people any good this year!

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #102
Epcotopia
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time....

Hello all!

I received our GTY assignment today. Did anyone else receive theirs??
Epcotopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #103
Epcotopia
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
I couldn't see a nearer place to buy one...
I have been on the transportation website trying to figure out the logistics of getting to and from AT&T Park for a Giants game. We really want to go but I worry about how hard it will be to get there and back.

We are also hoping to take the train into LA from Anaheim to see a Dodgers game and the logistics of that are giving me nightmares. If only we didn't love baseball so much
We were thinking about going to the Giants game also but it starts at 7:15pm and the itinerary says the ship leaves at 11:30. What time does that mean we must be back onboard by???
Epcotopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #104
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotopia View Post
We were thinking about going to the Giants game also but it starts at 7:15pm and the itinerary says the ship leaves at 11:30. What time does that mean we must be back onboard by???
I would imagine we would have to be back by 11. I figured if we left the game at 10:00 we would be back in plenty of time. The game may or may not be over at that point...

Still trying to decide. I just wish the transportation between the park and the ship was more straight forward. Decisions, decisions!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #105
tomoyo
Mouseketeer

Just booked this cruise!

Dis name: tomoyo
Names of travelling: Kari and Austin
Cabin Number: gty
Early/Late dining: Early
FE? (Yes/No): Yes
Secret Mickey Interest? No
Celebrating: anniversary

We will also be at Disneyland prior to the cruise.

Is anyone else staying at Disneyland and heading to the ship the morning of? It seems like a lot of people prefer to stay near the port the night before.
Disneyland Resort: 1993 + 2003-July + 2007-May & Nov + 2008-May & Nov + 2009-May & Nov + 2010-Oct + 2011-Jan & Nov + 2012-May & Nov + 2013-Nov
tomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: