Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #76
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Brooding over how I'm going to get home from Vancouver. Right now, I think we'll take the train to Seattle and fly home on Southwest. What are y'all's plans for getting home?
I'm hopping on the bus...I would walk but all that luggage will be to much of a pain

Seriously, there were a lot of people who did the train and fly this year and had a good experience so you might want to look at some trip reports from the Alaska cruises or look in the huge Vancouver thread to check out the ups and downs.

Last edited by bbangel; 12-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #77
Magix
Blackhearted Pirate
Indeed, I have paid far too high a price fer such a silly trinket, but it were me desp'rate desire te have one

My best friend, his son and I are on this cruise, too. We'll be flying out of Seattle and had hoped to take the Amtrak down from Vancouver, but the trains are only very early in the morning (earlier than we debark the ship) or later in the afternoon for a rather late arrival in Seattle. In between, Amtrak just runs motorcoaches. After much deliberation, we decied we'd take an Amtrak motorcoach in the late morning and then stay in Seattle overnight and take in a Mariner's game (they're at home against the Rangers on 5/21), since my friend's son is a baseball fanatic. Then, we'll fly home Tuesday at a more leisurely pace.
1/7-21/2009: Walt Disney World/WL & CB - Circle of Life 5K, plus Universal and Busch Gardens
2/28-3/4/2008: Walt Disney World/AKL - First Visit Ever!!
5/13-19/2007: Adventures by Disney - Roma & La Costa Bella
5/18-28/2006: Adventures by Disney - Land of Eternal Knights, London & Paris plus Disneyland Paris
My motorsport photography site: http://www.cheryljonesphoto.com.
Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #78
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
We're taking the next cruise to get back to Seattle
This sounded like SUCH a good idea, but my spouse wasn't up to go back to back to back for a total of FOUR weeks, so sadly, after only a page, we're leaving this cruise - in favor of this great idea next year. B2B repo - Alaska! Thanks for the suggestion Hope you all have a FABULOUS journey!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #79
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Ok..time to start getting serious here - the holidays are almost over and the cruise is coming quickly!

Secret Mickey sign-up info will be out soon. The deadline to sign up will be February 10th with the emails going out by February 14th .

Please do not shop for your SM until you know who you have. Gifts that do not match thier likes are no fun .

FE sign-ups will have a deadline of February 14th as well to allow everyone time to come up with thier ideas.

Getting excited!
Official Member of the Club!
A Litle Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #80
Lovebug Eeyore
Mouseketeer

What's a Secret Mickey? I searched the forums but didn't get much. Thanks
1998 Disney Magic Bahamas; 2000 Walt Disney World; 2001 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2001 Walt Disney World; 2003 Disney Magic Western Caribbean; 2005 Walt Disney World; 2006 DVC Exchange Alaska Cruise; 2007 Disney Paris; 2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas; 2009 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean; 2012 Disney Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise;2012 Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise; 2013 Disney Aulani; 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean, 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean, 2015 Wonder Bahamas, 2015 Disney Magic Norway
Lovebug Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #81
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug Eeyore View Post
What's a Secret Mickey? I searched the forums but didn't get much. Thanks
A Secret Mickey is like a "Secret Santa" You sign up and answer questions about like/dislikes etc.. then you are assigned a fellow passenger as someone is assigned you.

You then purchase 3-4 gifts for them which total about $25. You leave the gifts for them at thier stateroom without revealing yourself until the final sea day where we will all meet and have a reveal.

It is a lot of fun!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #82
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Permission to come aboard?

Nevermind! Not going on this date after all, everyone have a great trip!

Last edited by twindaddy; 01-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #83
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Oops, forgot one thing. I lived in the bay area for many years, I can point you towards some of the best food in the city, especially if you like amazingly delicious but hole in the wall Mexican food type places. It is even right on the BART line for easy access. The main thing you need to do in SF is the cable car, there is nothing like it in the world!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #84
bbangel

twindaddy sorry you won't be able to join after all!

Do we have an updated list of who all is going to be onboard? Now that we are into 2012 this just seems so much closer
Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #85
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

We are still going!

We have been looking at our flights for Anaheim. I managed to snag a retro rate at the HoJo in Anaheim for the weekend before the cruise (because of that, I splurged on the Disney view room) so that is done. Once the flight is booked, I will be so excited for Disneyland and the cruise. Just over four months to go!!!!!
lozzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #86
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
twindaddy sorry you won't be able to join after all!

Do we have an updated list of who all is going to be onboard? Now that we are into 2012 this just seems so much closer
I have been trying to keep the first page updated as people drop/add and let me know. Next month I will start getting confirmations from everyone and firming up the list.

Getting close now!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #87
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzypop View Post
We are still going!

We have been looking at our flights for Anaheim. I managed to snag a retro rate at the HoJo in Anaheim for the weekend before the cruise (because of that, I splurged on the Disney view room) so that is done. Once the flight is booked, I will be so excited for Disneyland and the cruise. Just over four months to go!!!!!

I think we will end up at the Hojo's the weekend before as well. Hmmm maybe I should book now before the retro rate disappears!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #88
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

Yes, we were hemming and hawing about staying a bit closer, but that retro rate is hard to beat. Plus, we love the HoJo.
lozzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #89
bbangel

Getting excited! I've booked the Hojo's for 5 nights pre-cruise (love the Retro Rate!) and have booked the airfare to LA thanks to a primo seat sale.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #90
rillsung
DIS Veteran

So I got distracted by real life Our 3rd daughter, Hailey Lynn, was born on Christmas Eve at 8:22pm. She was 6lb, 11oz and 18 3/4inches long.

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: