Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #31
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!
Thanks

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #32
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
We are DVC as well and may need to use points for the trip since we are going to have to cancel our first trip home to the Boardwalk for Christmas/New Years! It's a good thing since we will be increasing our party size in oh around January
Congrats! I haven't seen you post anything on FB about this! We just changed this cruise to points and will keep the Alaska one cash.

I have been MIA on these boards for a bit..have to get myself going again now that school is done for the year.
Official Member of the Club!
A Litle Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #33
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

We're 90% in for the 14 May 2012 Wonder cruise. Emails have gone to the travel agent but I don't think the deposit has been made yet.

DD and I did the 2011 LA to Vancouver repo and I live in Victoria so I can provide a little bit of insider info this time around.

We loved our Pacific cruise so much we wanted to do it again. I raved about it so much that my parents decided to join us. I have never been on holiday with my parents so this will be new for us. They are even taking their first plunge with DL prior to the cruise.

Aaannnddd, to top it all off, the timing in 2012 means that DD gets to celebrate her 10th birthday on board!
lozzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #34
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Welcome lozzypop! Fantastic to have a "veteran" on board! You will have to let us know if there were things/activities/excursions that made your trip so wonderful.

And yeah for another birthday on board! I couldn't resist when I saw my mom could turn 65 on this cruise! I bet your daughter is super excited

I'm sure your parents will have a great time!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #35
lozzypop
Mouseketeer

Thanks bbangel. DD is excited - with her Mom and her grandparents going, she will totally be the centre of attention!

I can't help with and DCL excursions but I can tell you that we had a fantastic time in San Francisco, despite getting lost on the first morning.

We are really looking forward to spending some time in Vancouver too, we don't get over from the Island at all.
lozzypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #36
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
Congrats! I haven't seen you post anything on FB about this! We just changed this cruise to points and will keep the Alaska one cash.

I have been MIA on these boards for a bit..have to get myself going again now that school is done for the year.
I posted hidden in one of the Pirates group threads I haven't posted anything on my wall yet since Steve wants to wait to tell his mom and family till they come out in a couple weeks. I think she will not be happy to be the last to know by like a month! He said she'll get over that and just be happy hehe. And it's likely his only chance to tell her this news in person since the last 2 were on the phone. I'm getting sad that i won't be riding any of the fun rides at DL since we haven't been in 4 years! And then skipping WDW makes us sad as well. We'll be stuck at home for Christmas and New Years this year. BUT we'll have a new baby to introduce to Disney next year Starting with a cruise at like 4mo!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #37
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzypop View Post
We're 90% in for the 14 May 2012 Wonder cruise. Emails have gone to the travel agent but I don't think the deposit has been made yet.

DD and I did the 2011 LA to Vancouver repo and I live in Victoria so I can provide a little bit of insider info this time around.

We loved our Pacific cruise so much we wanted to do it again. I raved about it so much that my parents decided to join us. I have never been on holiday with my parents so this will be new for us. They are even taking their first plunge with DL prior to the cruise.

Aaannnddd, to top it all off, the timing in 2012 means that DD gets to celebrate her 10th birthday on board!
I hope you get to join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
I posted hidden in one of the Pirates group threads I haven't posted anything on my wall yet since Steve wants to wait to tell his mom and family till they come out in a couple weeks. I think she will not be happy to be the last to know by like a month! He said she'll get over that and just be happy hehe. And it's likely his only chance to tell her this news in person since the last 2 were on the phone. I'm getting sad that i won't be riding any of the fun rides at DL since we haven't been in 4 years! And then skipping WDW makes us sad as well. We'll be stuck at home for Christmas and New Years this year. BUT we'll have a new baby to introduce to Disney next year Starting with a cruise at like 4mo!
Wait...are you coming to DL? When? Or do you mean when you come for this cruise. If so, why wouldn't you be able to ride?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #38
A Litle Pixie Dust

BTW - if anyone wants to use the siggie for this cruise...here it is...

Sized for your siggie. I will post a bigger one if you want it for your door.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #39
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post
BTW - if anyone wants to use the siggie for this cruise...here it is...

Sized for your siggie. I will post a bigger one if you want it for your door.
Wonderful! It would be great to have a bigger one for the door. Hmmm I've already collected a pile of designs for the door. May need to redecorate each day
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
penguinaddict
Floating on an iceberg headed to Disneyland

Hi everyone!

We booked for this cruise while on our Mexican Riviera cruise this past March. We're so excited!!

Traveling in our group: Bryce (DH), Lori (me - DW), Hannah (DD) and Emily (D-niece) and Skyler (DS).

We live in the San Francisco bay area so if anyone needs tips for the City, give a shout out and we'll share what we know.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
penguinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #41
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Wonderful! It would be great to have a bigger one for the door. Hmmm I've already collected a pile of designs for the door. May need to redecorate each day
Don't laugh...I did it on the PC cruise in January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinaddict View Post
Hi everyone!

We booked for this cruise while on our Mexican Riviera cruise this past March. We're so excited!!

Traveling in our group: Bryce (DH), Lori (me - DW), Hannah (DD) and Emily (D-niece) and Skyler (DS).

We live in the San Francisco bay area so if anyone needs tips for the City, give a shout out and we'll share what we know.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Welcome! Love San Francisco!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #42
Lovebug Eeyore
Mouseketeer

Count us in

Dis name: Lovebug Eeyore
Names of travelling (ages of kids too): Bob, Patty, Christina, Michelle, Oma (Wilma)
Early/Late dining: Late

My husband, Mother-in-law and myself will be on the 2012 LA-Vancouver cruise and my college age daughters will join us for the Alaska cruise. Can't wait!

This will be our 6 & 7 Disney cruise. We did do the Holland America DVC exchange cruise in 2006 and loved it
Lovebug Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #43
bbangel

Welcome Lovebug Eeyore!

I needed a project for the long weekend so I'm starting to think about what might make a good FE gift. For previous cruisers what did you like to see in the pockets of your FE?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #44
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome Lovebug Eeyore!

I needed a project for the long weekend so I'm starting to think about what might make a good FE gift. For previous cruisers what did you like to see in the pockets of your FE?
Wow I didn't see the question till now We just enjoyed seeing what people came up with giving us hehe.

So how's everyone doing? Sydney just started preschool again so she's gone in the afternoons but boy does she still come home grumpy! Can't wait till she's adjusted... But by then we'll be going to Disneyland for almost 2 weeks and she'll have to re-adjust when we get back again hehe.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #45
bbangel

I'm looking forward to my Disneyland trip in October so haven't done as much cruise planning. Can't believe we are less than 9 months away though! I need to get on with the pre-cruise planning!

Oh, and I think I've come up with a FE idea but I'll have to see if I can make it work. I do have a back up plan if it turns out badly

Is Sydney grumpy from missing a nap or just not liking being away from home?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: