Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
I've booked this cruise for my mom's 65th birthday! I can hardly wait! She is so excited as this is her first Disney cruise. I was on a three day Wonder in 2008 so I'm looking forward to being back on board.

I'm trying to talk my sister and her family into joining us as it would make my mom's day even more special.

We will definately be doing a few days in Anaheim prior to the cruise. Can't go all that way and not do DL!

If anyone has any Vancouver questions I will do my best to answer

Oh, and I have a fish extender from the last cruise. Is anyone up for a doing the FE thing?

Not sure how I'm going to last the year of waiting...
Welcome! We're looking forward to a year of planning The only cruise we went on, the Panama Canal Repo in 2008, we booked in May and left in August. I didn't understand how the group had so much planned but I think I do now

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #17
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
Welcome! We're looking forward to a year of planning The only cruise we went on, the Panama Canal Repo in 2008, we booked in May and left in August. I didn't understand how the group had so much planned but I think I do now
Thanks! I took a look at the thread for this year's LA - Vancouver cruise and holy cow did they do a lot of planning! Not sure if we will live up to that but I look forward to trying
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I took a look at the thread for this year's LA - Vancouver cruise and holy cow did they do a lot of planning! Not sure if we will live up to that but I look forward to trying
I couldn't believe all the planning they did. The nice thing is that I think there will be some good trip reports coming out of that group. I am eagerly waiting to read them.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures

Last edited by gilsan; 04-14-2011 at 04:38 PM.
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Most of the cruises I have been on definitely do a lot of planning. I am looking forward to it - the planning is part of the fun!

I am going to update the first page with your info if you want to add it.

Please PM me the following (please put this cruise in the subject title)

Dis name:
Names of travelling (ages of kids too):
Cabin Number:
Early/Late dining:
FE? (Yes/No)
Secret Mickey Interest? (Yes/No) (We will starting collecting final SM RSVP closer to the cruise)
Celebrating:

Thanks!
Official Member of the Club!
A Litle Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #20
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilsan View Post
I couldn't believe all the planning they did. The nice thing is that I think there will be some good trip reports coming out of that group. I am eagerly waiting to read them.
I'm going to have to look it up! We were just checking out the excursions and boy do they have a lot listed! I'm glad we get a year to plan

Old 04-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #21
MrsMa
Earning My Ears

Hello Again--Sending Box to Our Cabin?

Hi Everyone,
Just checking back on this thread after being absent for a couple of weeks. Things were sure busy the last few weeks with my DD's birthday and Easter family gatherings. Now, it's back to planing planing and planing

Just a quick question for seasoned cruisers: I've read somewhere that you can send yourself a box to your cabin, but is that only for the east coast cruises only? Can we send a box to ourselves for this cruise? I'm thinking about sending baby things.......diapers, wipes, baby food, swim diapers, even small water toys for the splash zone. Any idea? What if our cabin gets changed although I do have a cabin right now?

This will be my first Disney cruise. It'll be the first cruise for our family of 4. I'm pregnant now with our second one, so he or she will be close to 11 months by this cruise comes around next year.

Talk to everyone soon!
MrsMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #22
bbangel

The Wonder is in Victoria and will arrive in Vancouver tomorrow marking the end of the repo from this year. Hopefully we will start seeing some trip reports soon so we know some of what we might expect!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #23
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMa View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just checking back on this thread after being absent for a couple of weeks. Things were sure busy the last few weeks with my DD's birthday and Easter family gatherings. Now, it's back to planing planing and planing

Just a quick question for seasoned cruisers: I've read somewhere that you can send yourself a box to your cabin, but is that only for the east coast cruises only? Can we send a box to ourselves for this cruise? I'm thinking about sending baby things.......diapers, wipes, baby food, swim diapers, even small water toys for the splash zone. Any idea? What if our cabin gets changed although I do have a cabin right now?

This will be my first Disney cruise. It'll be the first cruise for our family of 4. I'm pregnant now with our second one, so he or she will be close to 11 months by this cruise comes around next year.

Talk to everyone soon!
You can send a package to LA. Call DCL and ask how to do it. We did the WB Panama Repo in 08 and had to send medical supplies for my DD and once they figured out where I was supposed to have it sent it was no problem.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #24
jwright300
Earning My Ears

Just Booked

We just booked this cruise. 2 staterooms. One will be wife and I, the other son, daughter in law and granddaughter...
3rd cruise fir all of us.
2010 Med cruise on Magic
2011 Crib. on Dream

We are DVC...
jwright300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #25
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwright300 View Post
We just booked this cruise. 2 staterooms. One will be wife and I, the other son, daughter in law and granddaughter...
3rd cruise fir all of us.
2010 Med cruise on Magic
2011 Crib. on Dream

We are DVC...
Welcome! I am DVC as well (although am not using points for the cruise - mainly because I don't have nearly enough).
Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #26
spark21
Mouseketeer

We've just booked

Doing B2B with Alaska. Will we need to get off the boat - we've never done b2b before!

Just hope flights from UK arent too expensive now
spark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #27
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark21 View Post
We've just booked

Doing B2B with Alaska. Will we need to get off the boat - we've never done b2b before!

Just hope flights from UK arent too expensive now
I don't know if you have to get off but I do know that they have a special line for you to reboard. There were a lot of people who did that b2b this year so check out their trip reports and see what they say.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 AM   #28
spark21
Mouseketeer

That's great thanks will check out their reports!
spark21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #29
rillsung
DIS Veteran

We are DVC as well and may need to use points for the trip since we are going to have to cancel our first trip home to the Boardwalk for Christmas/New Years! It's a good thing since we will be increasing our party size in oh around January

Old 05-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #30
bbangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
It's a good thing since we will be increasing our party size in oh around January
Congrats!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: