Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #166
Sleepydee
Earning My Ears

My DF and I had our engagement photos taken back in November on the boardwalk, and it was amazing!!! Our photographers name was Dean, and he was awesome! Me and my DF are kind of shy - but within 5 minutes we were completely comfortable with him, laughing and joking - just having a great time! With in 4 weeks we had our photo and they came out FANTASTIC!

We signed up for the engagement package for $300. It was an hour long session which included all the images online to order then they sent us 1 4x6 copy of each print - from those we get to choose 36 photos to make a photo book that they send to us.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #167
goofyluva9293
Official Family Tour Guide

Fingers Crossed

I had my DD20's Senior Portraits done at GF and POLY in 2010 and they were absolutely gorgeous! I called today to schedule my DD18's Senior Portraits for mid-February and found out about all of the changes they've made. I went ahead and booked 1 mini-session at GF on Feb. 18 and 1 mini-session at POLY on Feb. 19. (They wouldn't do both on the same day like my other DD did, even though they had the times available...) They also told me to think about if we want indoor or outdoor photos. I told them for my other DD they did both at each resort. She said they MAY be able to do both but it just depends on time so to come with the mindset of 1 or the other. I am keeping my fingers crossed that these turn out as well as the 1st ones did. If it wasn't for the fact that I've promised my DD18 that she'd get the same pics done as her sister, I wouldn't have done it. The price is higher, you get less, you have to pay in full a week before and they have so many more rules. But it means so much to my daughter, so I'm biting the bullet and paying the extra money. I'm hoping for a good experience. I'll let you all know how it turns out! Wish me luck! lol!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #168
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

We are hoping to be able to do this in May for our big family trip. Does anyone have any more pictures of their session that they can post? "(all the photo albums posted have expired). This is a trip for my SIL who has stage 4 breast cancer, and we would really like some nice family photos done. There will be 15 of us and we are going in May. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Last edited by teresajoy; 02-26-2012 at 07:05 PM.
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #169
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to see how recent experiences are going, too. We will be there in May, and I'm debating whether to schedule a mini or enhanced session to get some family portraits and 18-month pictures of DS.

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #170
goofyluva9293
Official Family Tour Guide

DD's Senior Portraits

We had day 1 done at the GF and day 2 done at POLY... For both of my DD's we liked the POLY Pics the best! We had the same photographer both days and she was great (although regretably, I can't remember her name to save my life). She spent much longer with us than the allotted 20 minutes. I think we were just lucky that she didn't have any appointments after us. I think we are going to do the longer, in park portrait session for myself and my 2 DD's when we go in May 2013. We ended up with around 60 pictures from each resort. Some of the were just different angles of the same shot but I still feel like it was alot of pictures to chose from. I didn't want to take the time to put them all on here so I just put a few of my favorites from the sessions on flickr....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goofylu...7629102350688/

PS - The "class" "of" "2012" are meant to be in a row even though flickr wouldn't let me put them that way! lol!

Last edited by goofyluva9293; 02-27-2012 at 10:53 AM.
goofyluva9293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #171
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Wow, those are awesome! Your DD is beautiful.

The Poly pics are my favorite, too, but now I'm torn -- I had my heart set on the Beach Club! Decisions, decisions...

Thanks so much for taking the time to share.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #172
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyluva9293 View Post
We had day 1 done at the GF and day 2 done at POLY... For both of my DD's we liked the POLY Pics the best!
We also did GF and did the Poly the year before and preferred the pics from the Poly. I think it's just the colors at that resort and the setting that makes for better pictures. Not really sure what it is but the GF ones, lovely as they are, do look somewhat bland by comparison. That said, I have no regrets about the change in scenery and our session was well worth the money (both of them)
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #173
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Booked our session!

I just booked a 20-minute session for me, DH and DS for the morning of May 3 at the Beach Club. I am SO excited and am already thinking about what kind of shots I want -- and, of course, what we should wear.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #174
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Has anyone done a photo shoot at AKL?

Looking to try something different on our next trip in june.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #175
MinnieMouseMom
BL II - Red Team
WISH Biggest Loser
Knows resistance is futile

Quote:
We had day 1 done at the GF and day 2 done at POLY... For both of my DD's we liked the POLY Pics the best! We had the same photographer both days and she was great (although regretably, I can't remember her name to save my life). She spent much longer with us than the allotted 20 minutes. I think we were just lucky that she didn't have any appointments after us. I think we are going to do the longer, in park portrait session for myself and my 2 DD's when we go in May 2013. We ended up with around 60 pictures from each resort. Some of the were just different angles of the same shot but I still feel like it was alot of pictures to chose from. I didn't want to take the time to put them all on here so I just put a few of my favorites from the sessions on flickr....

PS - The "class" "of" "2012" are meant to be in a row even though flickr wouldn't let me put them that way! lol!
Thanks for sharing those pics! My husband and I are thinking about having some pics taken this summer for my daughter's senior pics. I'll have to show her those to see what she thinks.

Disneyland-'79, '85, '97, '99, '00, '02, '05, '08-offsite
Disneyland-'03-Grand Californian
Disneyland Hotel-'10
WDW-Honeymoon '93-Swan
All-Star Movies-'05
Polynesian-Honeymoon Suite-'05
CBR-'09
POR-'12

MinnieMouseMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #176
bear_mom
DIS Veteran

Trying to figure out if the 20 minute session is worth while...

I know I won't convince dh to do the hour long session, but I could swing the 20 minute one. We are a family of 4: me, dh, dd (12) and dd (10). I would do the Beach Club - we are staying at the Dolphin so it would be just a quick walk over.

How many pictures do you think we could get/locations?

Anyone have any suggestions for locations at the BC, I would want a few that were obviously "Disney'ish".

Thanks,
Emily
bear_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #177
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! DF and I are going to spend our honeymoon at the Poly and I think the 20 minute session will be perfect for us. We're also going to return for our "Familymoon" with our 4 kids later in the month...I'm thinking it might also be nice to return to the Poly and do some family pics as well.

Does anyone have a recent gallery they can share? I loved the grad pics on Flickr and also the beautiful pics posted in the thread.

How far in advance should I book?

Thanks again...

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #178
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Anyone booked a shoot last minute. The two we did (at GF in 2007 and Poly in 2010) we booked about a month in advance. Last year we considered a shoot at AKL but decided against it. Thinking about doing it at Beach Club this year but would prefer to make our arrangements when we arrive.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #179
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Anyone booked a shoot last minute. The two we did (at GF in 2007 and Poly in 2010) we booked about a month in advance. Last year we considered a shoot at AKL but decided against it. Thinking about doing it at Beach Club this year but would prefer to make our arrangements when we arrive.
They don't book up nearly as quickly as the other pre bookable Disney events/services. Last year we booked 2 weeks before we left and were offered a whole range of times and days to choose from. There was nobody scheduled for the shoot after us either so I can't see it would be a problem if you have at least a few potentially suitable dates to play with. Also looking at the Beach Club this year, just for something different as AKL and WL have now been removed from the list so that is the only remaining one we haven't done.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #180
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love the Poly pictures! I think we've decided to have our family pictures done there. Thanks for helping us decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
They don't book up nearly as quickly as the other pre bookable Disney events/services. Last year we booked 2 weeks before we left and were offered a whole range of times and days to choose from. There was nobody scheduled for the shoot after us either so I can't see it would be a problem if you have at least a few potentially suitable dates to play with. Also looking at the Beach Club this year, just for something different as AKL and WL have now been removed from the list so that is the only remaining one we haven't done.
That's good to know! We go in May and I've contacted them, but hadn't set our dates yet.
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: